Silver going through the roof.....

Better that it's SILVER rather than COPPER again.

I work for an electric utility company and when Copper was in its boom, we had hundreds of incidents a year of people stealing grounding wires, trying to cut copper bus bar down in substations, stealing loose cable, etc... Many of those people found out the hard way exactly how good of a conductor Copper really is and why we still use a lot of it in the electrical distribution system. Not a pretty sight.

I work for an electric utility company and when Copper was in its boom, we had hundreds of incidents a year of people stealing grounding wires, trying to cut copper bus bar down in substations, stealing loose cable, etc... Many of those people found out the hard way exactly how good of a conductor Copper really is and why we still use a lot of it in the electrical distribution system. Not a pretty sight.

Copper prices at the scrap yard where I'm at is about $3.25 a pound. That is really good.

That was about the price right before the crash of '08

Pre-1982 pennies still only cost 1¢. :eusa_whistle:

After the rise in the gold prices, silver prices have also rising trend. I think it is justifiable because people covert to the cheap metal and demand rises, as a result of which silver prices are also rising.

Forum List

Back