Silver: "Delusional People In Politics"

I wouldn't call 48% who voted against Obama a, delusion.

And many people were wishing Obama was going to lose and STILL do to this day..

You miss the point.

If you thought Obama was a bad President and would not win because of it, you were delusional. That was most diehard conservatives and Republicans. That wasn't everyone who voted for Romney or thought he was a bad President.

All you had to do was look at the numbers. But the partisans doubled down on delusion by arguing the numbers were biased towards Obama. In fact, it turned out that Obama did better than the polling numbers.

There was more delusion than I've ever seen in an election.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of another example that's similar. These people completely convinced themselves it was over. Romney's camp even admitted he was stunned.

Lol, it's the "we all love Mac thread":lol:

I like Mac but he was a bit deceptive upon arrival. He claimed to be here to do research during the election.

Huh? Research? For what? No, that was never the case.

And my opinions on the election are shared by many people from both parties, nothing special there.

I'm not about to go back and dig it out. You stated your purpose as to why you were here back then. I may not be exact but it certainly was along those lines.

I said you were entitled to your opinion as much as anyone. But to deny that you've been taking jabs at only the right suddenly is a stretch. Sure there maybe be an exception or two.

But sorry if you can't handle me saying it but you are not the "Mac" that posted during the run up to the election. And if your truthful you'll admit one or teo others pointed that ot to you as well. Hey opinions evolve.

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Notice how slyly and cleverly that was worded. :cool: Because there are no delusionals on the other siode of the aisle.

I think you're adding to what I'm saying. I noted a very clear and very recent example, but otherwise my point has been about partisans and pundits on both ends of the spectrum.

And I think you know that.

Considering I have been labeled as spending to much time here I think I can fairly say that since the election your door has swung more left then right or center.

Not looking to argue with you but that was also pointed out by one or two others. So are we all delusional for having independently drawn the same conclusion based on the same data/posts?

I dunno. There's another post up there that says I'm a Republican. And regardless of the issue (except probably on war and identity politics/PC), most of my opinions differ from the hardline of both parties. Perception, I reckon.

I think you're adding to what I'm saying. I noted a very clear and very recent example, but otherwise my point has been about partisans and pundits on both ends of the spectrum.

And I think you know that.

Considering I have been labeled as spending to much time here I think I can fairly say that since the election your door has swung more left then right or center.

Not looking to argue with you but that was also pointed out by one or two others. So are we all delusional for having independently drawn the same conclusion based on the same data/posts?

I dunno. There's another post up there that says I'm a Republican. And regardless of the issue (except probably on war and identity politics/PC), most of my opinions differ from the hardline of both parties. Perception, I reckon.

I suppose. Let's just say that we agree to disagree. I once said that you were the voice of reason and for the most part I'll stand by that.

I suppose. Let's just say that we agree to disagree. I once said that you were the voice of reason and for the most part I'll stand by that.

Please tell my wife that.

Please tell my wife that.

Touche! :badgrin: I have one of those too. :clap2:

Hmm, now that I've had a chance to think about it, I'll rephrase: No doubt, the GOP is definitely pissing me off right now more than the Democrats, and I'm sure that's reflected in my posts. The last time I was this pissed off was in 2009 and the Dems were driving me nuts with their "we won, you lost, tough crap, back of the bus for you" horse shit.

So you're probably right.

Anyway, enough about me.

Hmm, now that I've had a chance to think about it, I'll rephrase: No doubt, the GOP is definitely pissing me off right now more than the Democrats, and I'm sure that's reflected in my posts. The last time I was this pissed off was in 2009 and the Dems were driving me nuts with their "we won, you lost, tough crap, back of the bus for you" horse shit.

Anyway, enough about me.

Hey, I'm with you...probably 99.99% of the time. Both sides suck to put it bluntly and neither is worth a shit.

It would be easy for me to say start a new party but it really is what we need. We are so broken as a nation and neither side has the desire or capablility to fix it.

In plain English...we're all fucked!

A thread about partisanship by a partisan.....Why do you left wing guys and libertarians think your not partisan? In what weird delusion do you think only republicans are?

Am I partisan? Sure. I dont support stupidity or the dissolving of the country I love so I am not Democrat. Am I libertarian? No Cause I know I cant have my cake and eat it to.

It is infuriating when people try to tell me I cant have core beliefs about things OR dare to speak of them. You know what non partisan is to progressives and by extension libertarians? Me shutting up and just admitting I am wrong.....Not going to happen when I am not wrong. That isnt delusion Mac thats called having convictions.....Maybe you should try it sometimes and just admit your a progressive.

Last edited:
A thread about partisanship by a partisan.....Why do you left wing guys and libertarians think your not partisan? In what weird delusion do you think only republicans are?

Am I partisan? Sure. I dont support stupidity or the dissolving of the country I love so I am not Democrat. Am I libertarian? No Cause I know I cant have my cake and eat it to.

It is infuriating when people try to tell me I cant have core beliefs about things OR dare to speak of them. You know what non partisan is to progressives and by extension libertarians? Me shutting up and just admitting I am wrong.....Not going to happen when I am not wrong. That isnt delusion Mac thats called having convictions.....Maybe you should try it sometimes and just admit your a progressive.

I really don't think you're getting it. This isn't about having core beliefs, strong convictions, any of that. It's about people who are so controlled by their beliefs that they convince themselves of pure fantasies.

The difference should be clear.

I really don't think you're getting it. This isn't about having core beliefs, strong convictions, any of that. It's about people who are so controlled by their beliefs that they convince themselves of pure fantasies.

You mean like the delusion of higher taxes and more spending is a good thing for the economy? Admit it you hate when someone dares challenges your delusions.

Anyway, enough about me.

I must, in my partisan way, point out that it was not a bus, but a CAR that the GOP was told to ride in the back of.

Skip to about minute 3:30...

Republicans Can Go to the Back of the Car

You mean like the delusion of higher taxes and more spending is a good thing for the economy? Admit it you hate when someone dares challenges your delusions.

There are opinions, and there are delusions. Two different things.

I can see this conversation will go nowhere, and I'm not surprised.

No, more like the delusion that tax cuts for the rich spur economic growth. That has been PROVEN false.

Study: Tax Cuts for the Rich Don’t Spur Growth

Oh I see if it is your side it is a opinion yet if a conservative says something it is delusion.....Please keep showing us what a hypocrite you are.

Oh I see if it is your side it is a opinion yet if a conservative says something it is delusion.....Please keep showing us what a hypocrite you are.

Wrong again.

Against my better judgment, I'll try one more time:

1. It is the opinion of the right that lower taxes and lower spending are better for the economy.

2. It is the opinion of the left that higher taxes and more spending are better for the economy.

3. Mac1958 is delusional if he thinks he can have a rational, intellectually honest, civil conversation with partisan ideologues such as thenatos144.

I love this conversation, and this message board. I'm new here, but i'm quickly realizing that EVERYONE's opinion on here is gospel, and the rest of you are idiots. Some of you totally get it. Great stuff.

I love this conversation, and this message board. I'm new here, but i'm quickly realizing that EVERYONE's opinion on here is gospel, and the rest of you are idiots. Some of you totally get it. Great stuff.

:doubt:

Sounds like an equivocator in training. He found the right thread. LOL

I always enjoy the "I am new" proclamation followed by the insult right after just happening to find the Politics Board as the first stop. :clap2:

Forum List

Back