Silver: "Delusional People In Politics"

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Nate Silver nails it, pointing out how frustrating it can be to analyze politics:

Nate Silver: Between pundits and partisans, 'a lot of very delusional people' in politics - POLITICO.com

From the interview:

“Between the pundits and the partisans, you're dealing with a lot of very delusional people. And sports provides for much more frequent reality checks,” he wrote. “If you were touting how awesome Notre Dame was, for example, you got very much slapped back into reality last night. In politics, you can go on being delusional for years at a time.”

Partisan ideology makes people talk themselves into some crazy stuff.

Mac, thanks for the link

For whats its worth, I see you as a true open minded centrist. Its very apparent that with the ignorance of so many now a days you tend to get labeled on this board. shame.

Nate Silver, hes the right wings worst nightmare. Dude is a super star if you love American Politics.

Mac, thanks for the link

For whats its worth, I see you as a true open minded centrist. Its very apparent that with the ignorance of so many now a days you tend to get labeled on this board. shame.

Nate Silver, hes the right wings worst nightmare. Dude is a super star if you love American Politics.

Much appreciated!

I think it's a birth defect - I was just born without the partisan gene.

:tongue:

oh brother...

Nate Silver should talk about talking crazy stuff

Last edited:
well, I can say this as I am a born and raised Irish Catholic Kennedy fan. You and a few others (thank the gods) add a dimension here that keeps me coming back.

Its just astounding that a dude like you, who has no allegiance to speak of gets pigeon holed. Fing crazy.

I hope Nate Silver keeps up the good work. I LOVE his pragmatic dissection of polling numbers with little to no bias involved. Silver the the young man from Rolling Stone do show we have a good crop of young American journalists.

Of course, he's right.

Anyone who thought Obama was going to lose because they thought he was a bad President was the epitome of delusional, which was, you know, pretty much the entire Republican party.

Steph, daaaling, why do you try and pigeon hole Mac (and many others)? Its just bad form.

Of course, he's right.

Anyone who thought Obama was going to lose because they thought he was a bad President was the epitome of delusional, which was, you know, pretty much the entire Republican party.

Yep. I swear, every time I saw someone here predicting that Obama was going to lose, their "reasoning" was a list of things on which they disagreed with him politically. It rarely had anything to do with polling data or trends. It's like they literally couldn't understand why their opinion didn't sway people's votes.

Delusional. And it didn't stop with the election.

I wouldn't call 48% who voted against Obama a, delusion.

And many people were wishing Obama was going to lose and STILL do to this day..

Of course, he's right.

Yep. I swear, every time I saw someone here predicting that Obama was going to lose, their "reasoning" was a list of things on which they disagreed with him politically. It rarely had anything to do with polling data or trends. It's like they literally couldn't understand why their opinion didn't sway people's votes.

Delusional. And it didn't stop with the election.

And all the "the American people are seeing it now/he's done for/Reaganesque landslide" talk was particularly delusional. They wanted it that way. But that's all they could do. Want and wish with all their hearts, and their desperation blinded them to reality.

Delusion has always played a big part in partisan politics, but I don't think the evidence has ever been more vivid than in 2012.

Between the right wing radio talk show hosts and the "pundits" on Fox, these people literally created their own little world, their own little political bubble. And probably the icing on the cake was Rove on election night.

Let's see if anything is learned, huh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2HC1W2BR-Q]Karl Rove Loses It On Fox News Election Night - YouTube[/ame]

Delusion has always played a big part in partisan politics, but I don't think the evidence has ever been more vivid than in 2012.

Between the right wing radio talk show hosts and the "pundits" on Fox, these people literally created their own little world, their own little political bubble. And probably the icing on the cake was Rove on election night.

Karl Rove Loses It On Fox News Election Night - YouTube

of course Fox and Rove and rightwing pundits
:rolleyes:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the fact Obama won Florida and Virgina says it all. The Right wing was wrong, very wrong. The seed of doubt tends to grow under such circumstances. Not with this GOP crowd.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stephanie, do you not realize that you keep proving my point?

Are you saying that the point I made with that example was wrong?

Yes or no?

Eh, to be fair, I'm sure Karl Rove knows better than anyone the potential for a state being called prematurely the wrong way. :lol:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stephanie, do you not realize that you keep proving my point?

Are you saying that the point I made with that example was wrong?

Yes or no?

yes
this election wasn't any different than any other..
just because you cherry pick a few things

Forum List

Back