Silent Hill 5

As far as I know (I check the gaming sites pretty regularly, as it's my favorite video game series), the only nes is that they're working on it and planning for it to be available for the PS3.

Have you seen the trailer for the movie? They came out with a teaser a couple months ago that looked really cool and made me all kindsa excited for it. But, they released the full-length trailer a week ago or so, and I'm a little disappointed. It looks like it'll be just run-of-the-mill, Gothika, The Ring, etc. type stuff. I really hope not, but regardless, I'll be seeing it either way. I do like that the trailer had music from the game in it, though.

So, let's talk Silent Hill. I just got 1 and 2, I'm playing 2 right now, and enjoying the hell out of it. Unfortunately, I read a plot summary long ago, and so I know the ending, the bad one anyway. Still, I like it a lot.

3 was the first one I ever played, and it might still be my favorite. The only thing I didn't like about it was that there were huge pauses between dialogue in the cut scenes (from what I can tell from 2, that's a problem here, too), and some of the dialogue is a bit corny. But, still, a really deep, psychologically disturbing story, and a friggin' awesome soundtrack.

4 is good, but the truth is, I haven't beaten it, and have no real desire to. I read somewhere that this was originally meant to be its own game, and then at the last minute, they decided to slap the Silent Hill brand name on it (hence the fact that almost none of the game is actually in Silent Hill). THat really turned me off from the game altogether honestly.

Saw the trailer for the movie and I must say I'm excited! I know they've integrated the Pyramid Head character from SH2 into the movie.

I've only played SH and SH 4. I really wanna actually play SH because I stopped because I was confused and lost. Four seems to be pretty good and I do like it, but I'm not so easily spooked by these games.

I have yet to play 2 and 3 and am very much envious of you!

I read that about 4 too, so I'm just more into referencing it as The Room. I'll probably start calling 5 "4" because it is the true SH4.

Well, the thing about the first 3 Silent Hills is that you kind of have to take for granted that a good amount of what goes on is not going to make sense until the end, and even then, you're still forced to put a lot of the pieces together. The first one and third one tie together nicely, the second one is a standalone story, but it works really well.

Dan said:
Well, the thing about the first 3 Silent Hills is that you kind of have to take for granted that a good amount of what goes on is not going to make sense until the end, and even then, you're still forced to put a lot of the pieces together. The first one and third one tie together nicely, the second one is a standalone story, but it works really well.
I'm aware of the ties between 1 and 3, which makes me wanna play the both of them.

I hear that 2 is a common fan favorite and it does look uber cool.

Forum List

Back