Silent Hill 3

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I got this game for christmas and just recently beat it, and I gotta say, this is one of the best games I've ever played. It is a survival-based horror game, along the lines of Resident Evil, but very different from that series. I can honestly say that this game is really, truly disturbing. Rather than rely on viceral "jump" scares, having something scary jump out at you from the dark (it has plenty of those, too, though), it has a more deep, disturbing sense of dread that simply never lets up. A few times, I had to stop playing simply because the tension it created just got too heavy. The graphics are by far the best I've seen in a game, the cut scenes are gorgeous, and the actual game looks just as good. My only complaint is with the lip-synching in the cutscenes, the words sometimes don't match the mouths, which takes away from the game at times. The sound design is brilliant. Early in the game, you find a radio which plays static louder and louder as you approach a monster. While it doesn't sound that creepy, it's extremely creepy, especially considering you are often in complete darkness. The story begins with Heather, a 17-year-old girl, calling her father from a shopping mall. She is then tailed by a mysterious detective. SHe escapes from him, but the mall begins to mutate n horrifying ways. Dead bodies litter the hallways and vicious monsters lurk around every corner. As the story progresses, it gets much deeper and more psychologically disturbing than I had ever imagined. Overall, if you're into this sort of game, or ever just wanted to be the main character in a really great horror movie, you'll like this game.

Did you conquer Resident Evil yet??? 2 is easier than 1. That was the only one I could conquer.

Dan I beat the original and yes, it was a very creepy game. Just something about it all. Especially the music. What game system was it for?

Did you conquer Resident Evil yet???

Ya know, I started playing it and it started skipping! I haven't tried playing it since, I spent the end of my break finishing Silent Hill, now I'm back in school. Don't worry, I'll let you know when I do!

Dan I beat the original and yes, it was a very creepy game. Just something about it all. Especially the music. What game system was it for?

I played it on PS2, I think it's also available for PC, and I'm sure eventually, it'll come out for X-Box. The music is definitely one of the greatest thing about this game, which is why I was psyched when they included the soundtrack for free. But, yeah, there's some sort of implacable quality about the game that makes it very creepy. From what I've read, if you've played the first one, you'll have a far better understanding of 3 because the story sort of carries over (#2 was a stand-alone story, good as well, from what I've heard). Without giving away too much in case you want to play it, Alessa, or at least what she was/what she represented, plays a major role in 3. I hope you check it out, it's fun, a little easy, but still fun.

Forum List

Back