Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #5

There's some truth to this so if you act scummy, by ready to defend yourself. But since you are new, I'll most likely ask you why you feel the way you do.

I'm getting a lot of that right now. Being put through the ringer. For example, why you do you think a newbie townie would be more defensive being called scum then a newbie scum?

Why do you think being helpful and cooperative and paying attention are town traits?

Why did you vote for this person? Why do you think he's town? What is scummy about that comment?

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?

Toast-well that's it, you are scum. ;)

If you post too much, you're trying to distract everyone - Yoar Scum!

If you post too little, you're trying to hide - Yoar Scum!

If you post an average amount, you're trying to blend in - Scummity Scum!

Only BobPlumb would be scummy enough to night kill someone named "Grandma" so we don't get no fresh baked cookies :splat:

I would never kill Grandma until after the cookies are baked.

There's some truth to this so if you act scummy, by ready to defend yourself. But since you are new, I'll most likely ask you why you feel the way you do.

I'm getting a lot of that right now. Being put through the ringer. For example, why you do you think a newbie townie would be more defensive being called scum then a newbie scum?

Why do you think being helpful and cooperative and paying attention are town traits?

Why did you vote for this person? Why do you think he's town? What is scummy about that comment?

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?

Toast-well that's it, you are scum. ;)

Only BobPlumb would be scummy enough to night kill someone named "Grandma" so we don't get no fresh baked cookies :splat:

Really? Cause i could have sworn scum have had no problem being scummy enough to kill grandma in prior games.

Really? Cause i could have sworn scum have had no problem being scummy enough to kill grandma in prior games.

I see your promotion to moderator did not have a sense of humor requirement.

You know I am always in wake :D

Cant wait to get back in the game after scum wipes out all those sad saps in game 4 :D

You wish;)

Reading the thread made me think you two were on the same team. Just the way your posts were lining up early and the timing like you two were communicating. If I had been playing, I would have thought you both were scum probably.

When will this start?

I need to read up on this "Closed Setup" thing. It sounds a little wonky to be honest. I kind of like to have a good handle on what all the possibilities are.

Our game should begin within a week. At this pace, it may even be before that.

A Closed Setup is one where the roles are not known to the players beforehand. This is the most common type of game (Link). This means the game mod knows exactly what roles are going to be in the party, but no one else besides Scum teams and Masons know what's what. This adds a LOT more mystery and intrigue to the game, as players never know exactly what to expect. :D

Our game should begin within a week. At this pace, it may even be before that.

A Closed Setup is one where the roles are not known to the players beforehand. This is the most common type of game (Link). This means the game mod knows exactly what roles are going to be in the party, but no one else besides Scum teams and Masons know what's what. This adds a LOT more mystery and intrigue to the game, as players never know exactly what to expect. :D

But do we even know the possible roles are? I mean, could there be a mafia role that kills two people a night, for example?

Any role is possible, but I wouldn't dare introduce broken ones like that. There's a generic list of normal roles here: Normal Roles. Also, I may utilize some unique roles here: Xylbot Roles. Lastly, some may come straight from the imagination, or players here can come up with their own unique roles and have them added to the mix. :)

You'd discover some unique roles, but nothing crazy overpowered. The games need to be balanced as best as possible.

Closed setup: I love the idea. It might be hard for new players. The biggest issue I had with it in game 3 is it makes it tough to play as scum to figure out a safe fakeclaim.

But that could be because I am inexperienced.

I would really like players to establish a few ground rules when they start the game.

First, Declare intent to hammer before hammering!!

Or face a PL.

fire-vs-ice-wallpaper-1080p-HD.jpg

In the Party:

Moonglow
Grandma
Wolfsister77
Rosie
AyeCantSeeYou
Sgt_Gath
Mertex
Shaitra
House
Foxfyre
BobPlumb
CafeAuLait
FA_Q2
tn5421

Maybe Joining the Fray?

[MENTION=27143]BluesMistress[/MENTION]
[MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30065]dblack[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]
[MENTION=49728]ScarletRage[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] :)D)

Backup Players:

Sameech

Oh my gosh, I did not expect this many players, This next game could be really epic, especially with the unique abilities everyone gets to use in real-time :eek: :D

fire-vs-ice-wallpaper-1080p-HD.jpg

In the Party:

Moonglow
Grandma
Wolfsister77
Rosie
AyeCantSeeYou
Sgt_Gath
Mertex
Shaitra
House
Foxfyre
BobPlumb
CafeAuLait
FA_Q2
tn5421

Maybe Joining the Fray?

[MENTION=27143]BluesMistress[/MENTION]
[MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30065]dblack[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]
[MENTION=49728]ScarletRage[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] :)D)

Backup Players:

Sameech

Oh my gosh, I did not expect this many players, This next game could be really epic, especially with the unique abilities everyone gets to use in real-time :eek: :D

I didn't really sign up Wake. I was just inquiring. And after reading over the links folks have offered and perusing #4 thread, I really don't understand how it works. And rather than screw over whatever team I was assigned to due to ineptitude, I think I'll back off for now. Like I said I love games, especially role playing ones, and am intrigued. But I think this is just a bit over my head.

Forum List

Back