Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #3

cant wait. I have read the ENTIRE game 2 thread and followed the game as it progresses. Really frustrating that I cant comment and share my ideas. Cant wait to be able to :D

You'll be sorry....you'll be staying up at night thinking about it, and not paying attention to what your family is saying because your mind is on the game.....you'll get angry and wonder why, since it is only a game.....:D

cant wait. I have read the ENTIRE game 2 thread and followed the game as it progresses. Really frustrating that I cant comment and share my ideas. Cant wait to be able to :D

You'll be sorry....you'll be staying up at night thinking about it, and not paying attention to what your family is saying because your mind is on the game.....you'll get angry and wonder why, since it is only a game.....:D

Stupid game is addicting, isn't it? :D

naw, I don't take things so seriously. I don't think that half the bickering that is going on in that game is really serious either - I think that some of that is calculated and purposeful.

With Ropey, we've got 18. :D

Because of the size of this game, I'm thinking that player slot will be mod-killed if a replacement cannot be found within one week. I'm open to modifying/changing that, too.

Last edited:
If you guys know of anyone who might want to play, please invite them over. Joining takes just a jiffy. :)

With Ropey, we've got 18. :D

Because of the size of this game, I'm thinking that player slot will be mod-killed if a replacement cannot be found within one week. I'm open to modifying/changing that, too.

We'll just kill 'em and let wake sort them out.

I'm wondering if there should be a rule regarding game players not being able to ignore other game players due to in forum ignore function use.

MeBelle has this issue and possibly others might have it too.

It needs to be addressed as a hard rule imho.

In general, Mafia players can't put other players on ignore at the main site. It would damage the game if players ignored one another with that function, because it would shut off pathways of discussion that help the game progress. Players can mentally ignore other players, but using the ignore function in a game whose cornerstone is communication would be a detriment to it.

In general, Mafia players can't put other players on ignore at the main site. It would damage the game if players ignored one another with that function, because it would shut off pathways of discussion that help the game progress. Players can mentally ignore other players, but using the ignore function in a game whose cornerstone is communication would be a detriment to it.

This is why there might likely need to be a rule in order to clarify that the function must be removed in Mafia game play and between Mafia game players.

Because the old USMB forum game is so strongly ingrained that it can easily supersede the Mafia game as seen so far.

This has been exacerbated by members who are not players as well. It's a work in progress I suppose as this forum is certainly a game playing anomaly.

Definitely a work in progress. I've learned quite a bit thanks to you guys, and am grateful for it.

I'm wondering if there should be a rule regarding game players not being able to ignore other game players due to in forum ignore function use.

MeBelle has this issue and possibly others might have it too.

It needs to be addressed as a hard rule imho.

Good point.

This is why there might likely need to be a rule in order to clarify that the function must be removed in Mafia game play and between Mafia game players.

Because the old USMB forum game is so strongly ingrained that it can easily supersede the Mafia game as seen so far.

This has been exacerbated by members who are not players as well. It's a work in progress I suppose as this forum is certainly a game playing anomaly.
I don't even see how that can be enforced though. Can you see a players ignore list?

I don't even see how that can be enforced though. Can you see a players ignore list?

I'm not sure about enforcement. It's about making the rule. If we can't follow the rules of the game, then what's the use of trying to enforce them?

I've already seen the outcome of the USMB Forum game abuse here. Do you think that those few attempts were all there will be?

If the Forum game supersedes this game, then it does and making rules will simply show who is breaking them.

That's usually enough if the game rule-breakers don't outnumber the game rule followers.

I'm not sure about enforcement. It's about making the rule. If we can't follow the rules of the game, then what's the use of trying to enforce them?

I've already seen the outcome of the USMB Forum game abuse here. Do you think that those few attempts were all there will be?

If the Forum game supersedes this game, then it does and making rules will simply show who is breaking them.

That's usually enough if the game rule-breakers don't outnumber the game rule followers.
Sure. I understand but I would have thought that it would be a simple statement such as "take anyone in this game off your ignore list" and that would be that.

I thought that you were asking for something more by making is a 'hard rule.' We are adults, I would not think that something would have to be made a rule. If Wake says it I will abide by it simply because it is his game. I think the vast majority of people here would do the same - most of us in USMB are actually reasonable people even if the politics and FZ zones don't seem that way.

But as a rule, this does make sense. Tough to play with people if they are blocked from your screen or vice versa.

Anyone that has another player on ignore is only going to hurt their own game play....if you can't see what they are saying, how can you possibly be able to figure out if they are Mafia or Town? For those whose "hatred" goes beyond that, that they can't see themselves being able to read someone's posts because they dislike them that much, then not playing would be a better option.

Yeah well, game 2 has almost 3.000 posts. With some folks having hundreds of posts. Game 3 will have more players. And sometimes you have to view a person's entire posts in the game or compare them to another. Major PITA to view them all and a hindrance to the game. I don't know why anyone wouldn't just take folks off ignore to play the game with them. If the person I have on ignore ever plays, I'd do that and just deal with it. This is just common sense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back