Signs the Apocalypse is upon us- Shallowness taken to a new level

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
just watch the video please, don't cut it short its only 2 and half minutes and the best (or worst) is unfortunately near the end, the audio is slightingly off in one spot, but definitely understandable.

The Worst Craft Idea Ever [Updated]

So seriously, is this where we are? The person performing this 'craft' is I am told from a series on a little known back-channel cable network, that they went looking for her and she seems so dexterous at performing this 'art'.....she is totally locked in and earnest its almost obscene to watch.

If anyone here has ever watched even one 30 minute episode of 'The Soup', this cultural overview may not come as a surprise, but as to its satirical value? A classic, forget Decline of the West, we're there....

Well it is extremely stupid.
Destroying books for an art project.
What if she just took a picture of the books instead and then glues it on the box.
Don't know if that would be a sign of end the times though.
No brains is the degradation of our schools, where no one is thinking much at all or using any intelligent reasoning.

Last edited:
Well is extremely stupid.
Destroying books for an art project.
What if she just took a picture of the books instead and then glues it on the box.
Don't know if that would be a sign of end the times though.
No brains is the degradation of our schools, where no one is thinking much at all or using any intelligent reasoning.

the thread title is meant to be seen as satirical hyperbole..;)

I watched it and just thought; she is so serious, so involved in what she was doing, I am not sure it even occurred to her that this is not only stupid but destructive on an entirely different level, its not something any sane person I think would want to see spread around as a hobby.

Graduating a high school today that can involve any number of 'get overs', waivers , such as sitting in a room 2 hours 3 days a week for a semester and being given credit for a class that was flunked, social promotion etc....the liberal arts education at the college level is dieing a slow but certain death and has been for a couple of decades...and here we are.

So she made a sort of clever hiding space for her valuables disguised as books on a shelf.

Big. Fucking. Deal.

Oh, woops....clean zone fun!

I agree with Ravi.

This isnt a book burning. Shes not banning books. Shes crafting something out of the bindings. Books she purchased, so she owns. She can do what she wants with her property.

And as LK said, shes hot. Thanks for the video...I may do that with some books for my daughters room. Very cool idea. Totally beats my obscure book glued tight and cut out the center to hide my ( censored ) from back in my early 20's.

That actually looks like a good idea (or is it just that the girl is hot?) I think I'll make one too! What should I start with? How about this 1st edition of "30 Seconds Over Tokyo"? :D

so i think we can all agree that

a) the woman is hot
b) her craft is actually neat depending on the books she is destroying and the stuff she is intending to hide
c) the apocalypse is off.

so now, can we close this serious clean debate or do we have further input to expect.

maybe from drea di matteo?

I just finished making one of these things out of different versions of the bible....no one will ever find my millions hiding in that box.

Good use for Palin and Cheneys books.

Oh come on, you don't have any of those.... You would have to use your collectors special addition Obama/Gore book sets.
Wait, are we flaming or just jokin around… cuz I’m joking if you are =D

As to the OP, who cares? Or is this another issue people are allowed to tell others how to live their life and what to do with what they own, but like not at the same time... lol?

Last edited:
Granny stockin' up on batteries fer her laptop...
:eusa_eh:
Will the Apocalypse arrive online?
Oct 23, 2012 - First the financial system collapses and it's impossible to access one's money. Then the power and water systems stop functioning. Within days, society has begun to break down. In the cities, mothers and fathers roam the streets, foraging for food. The country finds itself fractured and fragmented - hardly recognizable.
It may sound like a scene from a zombie apocalypse movie or the first episode of the National Broadcasting Co's popular new show Revolution, but it could be your life - a nationwide cyber-version of Ground Zero.

Think of it as September 11, 2015. It's US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta's vision of the future - and if he's right (or maybe even if he isn't), you had better wonder what the future holds for erstwhile American civil liberties, privacy, and constitutional protections. Last week, Panetta addressed the Business Executives for National Security, an organization devoted to creating a robust public-private partnership in matters of national security. Standing inside the Intrepid, New York's retired aircraft-carrier-cum-military-museum, he offered a hair-raising warning about an imminent and devastating cyber-strike at the sinews of American life and well-being.

Yes, he did use that old alarm bell of a "cyber-Pearl Harbor", but for anyone interested in US civil liberties and rights, his truly chilling image was far more immediate. "A cyber-attack perpetrated by nation-states or violent extremist groups," he predicted, could be as destructive as the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001. Panetta is not the first official in the administration of US President Barack Obama to warn that the nation could be facing a cyber-catastrophe, but he is the highest-ranking to resort to September 11 imagery in doing so. Going out on a limb that previous cyber doomsayers had avoided, he mentioned September 11 four times in his speech, referring to America's current vulnerabilities in cyberspace as "a pre-9/11 moment".

Apocalypse soon

Since the beginning of the Obama presidency, warnings of cyber-menaces from foreign enemies and others have flooded the news. Politicians have chimed in, as have the experts - from respected security professionals like former president George W Bush's chief counterterrorism adviser Richard Clarke to security policymakers on Capitola Hill like Senators Joe Lieberman and Susan Collins. Even America's no-drama president has weighed in remarkably dramatically on the severity of the threat. "Taking down vital banking systems could trigger a financial crisis," he wrote in The Wall Street Journal. "The lack of clean water or functioning hospitals could spark a public health emergency. And as we've seen in past blackouts, the loss of electricity can bring businesses, cities, and entire regions to a standstill."

More Asia Times Online :: Will the Apocalypse arrive online?

The last line is precious..

"... and share with us what books you're reading now"...

It's kinda like the Soup -- but more like something that would be on after "Ouch -- my Balls" in the movie Idiocracy...

Why you could store BOOKS in there.. OR -- better yet, makes a convienient place to stash your Kindle..

THere's no "hotness" to a person who thinks kindergarten level crafts is an excuse to damage perfectly good books..

Tell ya what -- I'll make a YouTube video on how to make doormats out of your vintage Vinyl LPs and RAVI can tell me how hot I am....

Forum List

Back