Significance of members avatars?

Guckert made more than two dozen excursions to the White House when there were no scheduled briefings. On many of these days, the Press Office held press gaggles aboard Air Force One—which raises questions about what Guckert was doing at the White House. On other days, the president held photo opportunities.

On at least fourteen occasions, Secret Service records show either the entry or exit time missing. Generally, the existing entry or exit times correlate with press conferences; on most of these days, the records show that Guckert checked in but was never processed out.

In March, 2003, Guckert left the White House twice on days he had never checked in with the Secret Service. Over the next 22 months, Guckert failed to check out with the Service on fourteen days. On several of these visits, Guckert either entered or exited by a different entry/exit point than his usual one. On one of these days, no briefing was held; on another, he checked in twice but failed to check out.

Secret Service records raise new questions about discredited conservative reporter

gannon_bush.jpg

malecorpsxx.jpg

why dont you just say it Dean.....Bush is Gay.....oh and White.....

HMS Warspite- google it- Most glorious Battleship- Should have beenmade a museum- stupid!- on way to be scrapped, broke tow rope and washed up near St. Michaels Mount, Cornwall, where we vacation when I was 2- my father rowed around it- near our Hotel...It had MANY amazing adventures...

"The Wild Ride":

[edit] Jutland (1916)
In 1916, Warspite and the 5th Battle Squadron temporarily augmented Vice-Admiral David Beatty's Battlecruiser Force. Between 31 May and 1 June 1916, Warspite fought with the squadron in the Battle of Jutland - the largest encounter between Britain and Germany during the war. Warspite sustained fifteen hits, incurring such considerable damage that she almost foundered. Her steering jammed while attempting to avoid her sister-ship Valiant. Warspite’s captain decided to maintain course, in effect circling, rather than come to a halt and reverse. This decision exposed Warspite. [5] The manoeuvres made Warspite a tempting target and inadvertently diverted attention from the badly-damaged cruiser, Warrior. This gained her the admiration of Warrior's crew, who believed Warspite's movement had been intentional. [6]

The crew regained control of Warspite after two full circles. Their efforts to end the circular motion had the consequence of placing her on a course towards the German fleet. The rangefinders and the transmission station were non-functional and only "A" turret could fire, albeit under local control with 12 salvos falling short of their target. Sub Lieutenant Herbert Annesley Packer was promoted and mentioned in dispatches for his command of "A" turret. Due to her condition, Warspite was ordered to halt and make necessary repairs. Warspite would be plagued with steering irregularities for the rest of her service life.

Interesting.
I was a battleship Sailor (BB 61) and I never knew this.
What a sight it must have been. It's as if she refused to die.
Right on!......My father served aboard the Iowa, New Jersey, and Missouri before being accepted into flight school, and eventually becoming a Naval Aviator.

The Iowa is now being restored as a museum, and will occupy a space in L.A. harbor. I'm looking forward to visiting it

Forum List

Back