Significance of members avatars?

Guckert made more than two dozen excursions to the White House when there were no scheduled briefings. On many of these days, the Press Office held press gaggles aboard Air Force One—which raises questions about what Guckert was doing at the White House. On other days, the president held photo opportunities.

On at least fourteen occasions, Secret Service records show either the entry or exit time missing. Generally, the existing entry or exit times correlate with press conferences; on most of these days, the records show that Guckert checked in but was never processed out.

In March, 2003, Guckert left the White House twice on days he had never checked in with the Secret Service. Over the next 22 months, Guckert failed to check out with the Service on fourteen days. On several of these visits, Guckert either entered or exited by a different entry/exit point than his usual one. On one of these days, no briefing was held; on another, he checked in twice but failed to check out.

Secret Service records raise new questions about discredited conservative reporter

gannon_bush.jpg

malecorpsxx.jpg

Guckert made more than two dozen excursions to the White House when there were no scheduled briefings. On many of these days, the Press Office held press gaggles aboard Air Force One—which raises questions about what Guckert was doing at the White House. On other days, the president held photo opportunities.

On at least fourteen occasions, Secret Service records show either the entry or exit time missing. Generally, the existing entry or exit times correlate with press conferences; on most of these days, the records show that Guckert checked in but was never processed out.

In March, 2003, Guckert left the White House twice on days he had never checked in with the Secret Service. Over the next 22 months, Guckert failed to check out with the Service on fourteen days. On several of these visits, Guckert either entered or exited by a different entry/exit point than his usual one. On one of these days, no briefing was held; on another, he checked in twice but failed to check out.

Secret Service records raise new questions about discredited conservative reporter

gannon_bush.jpg

malecorpsxx.jpg

Wow, do I have a new view of you...enjoy your fantasies.:D

gannon_bush.jpg

malecorpsxx.jpg

Wow, do I have a new view of you...enjoy your fantasies.:D

:clap2:I see I wasn't the only one thinking it.

I just think Sora is cute.

My previous Avi was Yuki, who is a lot more like me.

The software limits the size of the avi, so I can't use one I would like of Godai And Kyoko.

I made my avatar. It is a huge quilt, photographed, and reduced to under an inch. It was made for a wounded warrior during the conflict in Afghanistan / Iraq. They sent the wounded soldier who eventually received it home to Colorado, where he told his mother who'd just picked him up at the airport, "Gee, mom. I don't know why they sent me home when my buddies need me so much back there..." she heard a thump behind her, he'd fainted. She took him directly to the hospital. That's as much as I heard about it.

While I was making it, I wondered if it would go to a married soldier, so I kept making the design (always do that on paper first) so it would fit at least a queen-sized bed) bigger until it was right. Each stripe is about 6" wide, and the stars are each about 4" high. I was mathed out after figuring it. To get a proportional flag, you'd have to make it about 2' longer than you need for a king sized bed, so I shortened it to be a good size. Most of the quilts we made over about a 5-year period were purple heart quilts.

The avatar means something to me. Every time I made a wounded soldier quilt, I would pray often for all our dear troops, think who might get the quilt, and how I might make it good enough for one of them, knowing that nothing would be good enough, not ever, for the gift every veteran has given from the time he signs his pledge to support the Constitution until he takes his last breath in life.

They take a lot of crap in bootcamp, and if they make it through there, they have to do what somebody else wants them to do 24/7 for the duration of their tour. What a blessing every man and woman who has served has bestowed on this land.

That's why I can't change my avatar. Thinking about the good country we have thanks to their fighting it out since Valley Forge and through to the future, we couldn't have freedom if it hadn't been for each and every one of them, and their gift is what kept me going for 5 years while I completed about 36 full-sized quilts. We started out making "wheelchair quilts" but when I thought of how cold it was there in Wyoming, and how tall some of them were and would need plenty of wrapping when they got home, the quilts got to be big enough so someone 6'6" would keep warm. Where I lived when I was quilting all that, the guys in the wheelchair could easily double them for twice the warmth they might need in a Wyoming winter, where it can quickly drop to 40 below.

Making the quilts for them was endless joy in my heart. Somehow, I got all that quilting done with my Noltings Longarm quilter. It was as joyful as the job before of cutting and piecing the couple of thousand rectangles together for the stripes. Here's a larger version

spacer.gif
StarsandStripsFlag-2.jpg

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Ok......

Just how in the hell am I supposed to follow that???

:salute:

BB 61 - only US BB with bath tub- a must see...

Iowa was decommissioned for the last time in 1990, and was initially struck from the Naval Vessel Register in 1995. She was reinstated from 1999 to 2006 to comply with federal laws that required retention and maintenance of two Iowa-class battleships. In 2011, Iowa was donated to the Los Angeles-based non-profit Pacific Battleship Center and will be permanently moved to the Port of Los Angeles to serve as a museum and memorial to battleships.

I made my avatar. It is a huge quilt, photographed, and reduced to under an inch. It was made for a wounded warrior during the conflict in Afghanistan / Iraq. They sent the wounded soldier who eventually received it home to Colorado, where he told his mother who'd just picked him up at the airport, "Gee, mom. I don't know why they sent me home when my buddies need me so much back there..." she heard a thump behind her, he'd fainted. She took him directly to the hospital. That's as much as I heard about it.

While I was making it, I wondered if it would go to a married soldier, so I kept making the design (always do that on paper first) so it would fit at least a queen-sized bed) bigger until it was right. Each stripe is about 6" wide, and the stars are each about 4" high. I was mathed out after figuring it. To get a proportional flag, you'd have to make it about 2' longer than you need for a king sized bed, so I shortened it to be a good size. Most of the quilts we made over about a 5-year period were purple heart quilts.

The avatar means something to me. Every time I made a wounded soldier quilt, I would pray often for all our dear troops, think who might get the quilt, and how I might make it good enough for one of them, knowing that nothing would be good enough, not ever, for the gift every veteran has given from the time he signs his pledge to support the Constitution until he takes his last breath in life.

They take a lot of crap in bootcamp, and if they make it through there, they have to do what somebody else wants them to do 24/7 for the duration of their tour. What a blessing every man and woman who has served has bestowed on this land.

That's why I can't change my avatar. Thinking about the good country we have thanks to their fighting it out since Valley Forge and through to the future, we couldn't have freedom if it hadn't been for each and every one of them, and their gift is what kept me going for 5 years while I completed about 36 full-sized quilts. We started out making "wheelchair quilts" but when I thought of how cold it was there in Wyoming, and how tall some of them were and would need plenty of wrapping when they got home, the quilts got to be big enough so someone 6'6" would keep warm. Where I lived when I was quilting all that, the guys in the wheelchair could easily double them for twice the warmth they might need in a Wyoming winter, where it can quickly drop to 40 below.

Making the quilts for them was endless joy in my heart. Somehow, I got all that quilting done with my Noltings Longarm quilter. It was as joyful as the job before of cutting and piecing the couple of thousand rectangles together for the stripes. Here's a larger version

spacer.gif
StarsandStripsFlag-2.jpg

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Ok......

Just how in the hell am I supposed to follow that???

You don't you just come to attention and salute :clap2:

BB 61 - only US BB with bath tub- a must see...

Iowa was decommissioned for the last time in 1990, and was initially struck from the Naval Vessel Register in 1995. She was reinstated from 1999 to 2006 to comply with federal laws that required retention and maintenance of two Iowa-class battleships. In 2011, Iowa was donated to the Los Angeles-based non-profit Pacific Battleship Center and will be permanently moved to the Port of Los Angeles to serve as a museum and memorial to battleships.

Thanks for the shout out, Franc.
It was awesome to see her being towed to her new home.

She should have been made a museum 25 years ago.

I have a thing about eyes, I have tons of eye avatars.
I am sometimes into fairies....sometimes into gothic, and gothic fairies...it depends on my many moods.
I change my avi quite often, not prone to stick with the very same for a great length of time.
Mine are mostly girlie too, because I am...a girlie girl :)
Occasionally I might find one that's sexy, but I don't want it to be slutty either.....so...I tend to stick with eyes *smiles*

Forum List

Back