CDZ Signatures, they affect how people take your posts

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Personally, I'd rather sneak up on someone and get them to agree with me on something political than wave banners proclaiming my allegiance to a team. Do I do it well? Not really. I think I can un-motivate people from voting against my point of view but I dunno how many minds I have really changed.

Still though, I don't go around chanting this or that sucks in my signature warning people whatever I type is almost certainly slanted a particular way.

So my main goal of being here is to read opposing view points and see if they sway me. By this point in the game they usually don't but perhaps they moderate my point of view when presented well. If someone is out and about calling people names it makes me question the maturity of folks with their point of views.

Just saying.

Personally, I'd rather sneak up on someone and get them to agree with me on something political than wave banners proclaiming my allegiance to a team. Do I do it well? Not really. I think I can un-motivate people from voting against my point of view but I dunno how many minds I have really changed.

Still though, I don't go around chanting this or that sucks in my signature warning people whatever I type is almost certainly slanted a particular way.

So my main goal of being here is to read opposing view points and see if they sway me. By this point in the game they usually don't but perhaps they moderate my point of view when presented well. If someone is out and about calling people names it makes me question the maturity of folks with their point of views.

Just saying.
A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
-- Frank Zappa​

So my main goal of being here is to read opposing view points and see if they sway me.

Well, that is what it is. I have nothing to say about what be your main goal for participating on USMB. I can offer that having that as a main goal, I'd have long ago stopped participating on USMB because....[see following remarks]

perhaps they moderate my point of view when presented well.
..."Presented well" is such an uncommon thing on here....

someone is out and about calling people names

...Whereas name calling and insults predominate the nature of posts I mostly saw until I began to make use of the ignore feature. Nonetheless, there is still an abundance of inaptly presented content that has no chance of swaying someone who is well informed, well educated, intelligent and, as such individuals typically are, swayable.

The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.
-- Albert Einstein​

I don't pay much attention to them.... however, if it's a negative picture of a politician, I don't take what they say seriously

Just saying.

Dear Toronado3800
The people who impress me are ones who practice what they preach.
The Greens who go out and build worker coops, and teach how to manage independent labor-backed currency and health care networks.
The Conservatives who teach and invest in business empowerment and local management
instead of waiting and complaining about govt leaders like whiny liberals do.
The Liberals who really back free choice instead of contradicting it by regulating choices through govt mandates and taxes that take power away from people.
The Anarchists who work to build communities themselves based on autonomy and not depending on outside authority or resources handed to them.

I identify as Constitutionalist, where my views are close
to isocracy or isonomy or equal political power and representation.

I borrow from the Greens the idea of proportional representation by Party,
and their model for decision making based on resolving conflicts
and objections to form a consensus among the members directly.

If we can apply this to current govt, including party and media representation,
then all groups could voice and represent their own beliefs and interests without compromise, conflict or competing to dominate exclude or coerce others.

By allowing each group to manage its own policies and programs for its own members
under their own terms for funding, distribution and representation,
we don't have to agree with each other or force people to change their beliefs.

We either agree on a policy or program that then can be made public through govt,
or we disagree and separate the funding and administration to be localized
by district, state or even party so the members can stay local or go statewide or national.
But without imposing on people of opposing beliefs from other parties
with equal ability to run and fund their own programs according to their beliefs.

This is where I believe our democratic system is heading within a republican/representative form of govt.

Through the parties that have structures from precinct, district, county state and national,
and the Electoral College system that can be refined to allow proportional seats
for each party, union or affiliation represented per district or state,
we could manage our diversity instead of falling to partisan bullying that has
crippled our democratic process, backlogged our courts media and legislature with political battles,
and just use our freedom of speech, press, right to petition and due process
to mediate conflicts, spell out points and principles of agreement AND disagreement,
and accommodate these in public policy as well as localized policies that represent the people.

We can use our given structures, freedom and resources
to represent ourselves and our interests both locally and directly
and nationally and statewide through elected representatives.

But not allow these positions or procedures to be abused
to push one person or group's political beliefs over others.

See: www.ethics-commission.net

I don't pay much attention to them.... however, if it's a negative picture of a politician, I don't take what they say seriously
If it's a positive picture of a politician, I don't take what they say seriously.

Sigs can be cute...

Unless they overwhelm what you are posting

I identify as Constitutionalist, where my views are close to isocracy or isonomy or equal political power and representation.
Bold:
Do you hold elected office? I'm gonna hope if you do, it's not one that can have an impact on me. Where a society disperses political power equally to the holders of political power is found nothing other than a society that achieves very little of note. Talk about gridlock....

Well, my sig contains some brief video highlights of past grassroots projects that we organized and saw through. Sign waves, street marches, getting people to the conventions and speeches and whatnot. We were doubling the other GOP candidates' event crowds. In the end, the media blacked us out, they didn't report our numbers, they put other candidates next to our numbers on their teleprompters, we trained and won the delegates but the GOP stole em from us and made rule #40 so we couldn't speak at the convention, then you got Trump as a consequence of rule #40. lolol. So, now it's back to the drawing board. Educating for liberty. And planning the next sneak attack.

Last edited:
I identify as Constitutionalist, where my views are close to isocracy or isonomy or equal political power and representation.
Bold:
Do you hold elected office? I'm gonna hope if you do, it's not one that can have an impact on me. Where a society disperses political power equally to the holders of political power is found nothing other than a society that achieves very little of note. Talk about gridlock....

Dear Xelor:
What I mean by that is equal representation.
Not everyone has equal ability to make decisions in all areas, "much less for other people"
(which should only be by consent of those people anyway).
So I am saying they need to make decisions FOR THEMSELVES
in THAT sense we are equally in charge of our OWN consent and representation.
And the way to 'get things done' is to organize with OTHERS who
consent to the SAME ideas and approaches as we do!

Now, after we select our means of representing OURSELVES
then "public policy" is based on where the public agrees.
So that limits govt to just the basics as already prescribed in the Constitution.

the whole point was to reserve more power to the states and people
where we can represent and govern ourselves democratically.

And yes Xelor it does take organizing in enough SMALLER groups
where people CAN make effective decisions where it doesn't gridlock.

It only gridlocks when you have too much traffic bottlenecking
that can't possibly be represented individually on a COLLECTIVE scale concentrated into
a centralized govt.

If we localize it, and organize by LIKEMINDED groups,
then people can learn to manage their own affairs per district.
In fact, I am arguing that this level of training and experience
with property and program management at the local level is NECESSARY for
people to have equal rights and protections of the law. We have to
have basic education and working knowledge in laws and mgmt process
if we are going to have equal rights. Once you know how the system works,
SURE, you can relegate duties and representation to others to govern you,
but only after you are fully informed so you can check govt from abuses.

Nobody would have power except by consent. And that will prevent abuses
where people can manage things locally themselves if they don't agree with each other.

Bold:

BTW Xelor if I did hold any office that affected you,
it would be one that allows me to support you in representing yourself,
picking which reps or party or platforms you support and agree to fund with your taxes,
and build programs around that which respect your consent and beliefs.

And do that for each person, each group, each district, party, platform etc.
Where everyone gets to invest their resources and labor into what they believe.
Then organize all these groups according to their mission, beliefs and platforms
and make sure all the work is covered that needs to get done.
without violating anyone's beliefs or right to representation
of the policies they agree to be under and where their taxes or money goes.

if there is a shortfall in one area and a surplus in another,
then the groups in charge can choose to borrow or lend back and forth
until the problem is solved causing the imbalance in the budget.
But it's by free choice not forcing taxpayers to pay for things
they don't agree with under terms that benefit one side but disparage another.

So people would have to agree on plans that solve problems
and are worth investing in businesswise, the plans must be
cost effective and sustainable in order to earn support of taxpayers,
lenders, investors or donors. Not force taxation without representation
which is tyranny!

Well, my sig contains some brief video highlights of past grassroots projects that we organized and saw through. Sign waves, street marches, getting people to the conventions and speeches and whatnot. We were doubling the other GOP candidates' event crowds. In the end, the media blacked us out, they didn't report our numbers, they put other candidates next to our numbers on their teleprompters, we trained and won the delegates but the GOP stole em from us and made rule #40 so we couldn't speak at the convention, then you got Trump as a consequence of rule #40. lolol. So, now it's back to the drawing board. Educating for liberty. And planning the next sneak attack.

What can I say after that gem of an explanation.

Well, in those cases that the sig says something that is clearly partisan bs or asinine it is simply an acknowledgment that you agree with Bill Engvall and are willingly participating in his goal:

I can see that there are many devout believers in Bill on this board.

Bold:

picking which reps or party or platforms you support and agree to fund with your taxes,

And do that for each person, each group, each district, party, platform etc.
Where everyone gets to invest their resources and labor into what they believe.
Then organize all these groups according to their mission, beliefs and platforms
and make sure all the work is covered that needs to get done.
without violating anyone's beliefs or right to representation
of the policies they agree to be under and where their taxes or money goes.

if there is a shortfall in one area and a surplus in another,
then the groups in charge can choose to borrow or lend back and forth
until the problem is solved causing the imbalance in the budget.
But it's by free choice not forcing taxpayers to pay for things
they don't agree with under terms that benefit one side but disparage another.

So people would have to agree on plans that solve problems
and are worth investing in businesswise, the plans must be
cost effective and sustainable in order to earn support of taxpayers,
lenders, investors or donors. Not force taxation without representation
which is tyranny!

What you've described seems like absolutely democratically determined policy at every level of public decision making. That is not something I'd want, nor is it something I'd condone be the implemented governance model of any sovereignty in which I'm a citizen.

Forum List

Back