Sign the Petition. HR 1207 & S 604.

Tom Clancy

Clancy for Ron Paul
May 23, 2009
North Carolina.
Audit the Fed

An Open Letter to the
US House of Representatives

Whereas: Congress, the Federal Reserve, and the U.S. Treasury have put the American taxpayer on the hook for over $12 trillion in bailouts and loans; and

Whereas: Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke recently refused to tell Congress who has received trillions in these funds from the Federal Reserve; and

Whereas: Allowing the Fed to operate our nation's monetary system in almost complete secrecy leads to abuse, inflation, and a lower quality of life for every American; and

Whereas: HR 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, and S 604, the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act, would require a full audit of the Fed for the first time in its history and would provide answers to the American people about how our money is being spent;

Therefore: It's time to hold the Federal Reserve accountable to Congress and the American People. I urge you to do everything in your power to pass the Audit the Fed bill!

Last edited:
Audit the Fed

An Open Letter to the

Whereas: Congress, the Federal Reserve, and the U.S. Treasury have put the American taxpayer on the hook for over $12 trillion in bailouts and loans; and

Whereas: Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke recently refused to tell Congress who has received trillions in these funds from the Federal Reserve; and

Whereas: Allowing the Fed to operate our nation's monetary system in almost complete secrecy leads to abuse, inflation, and a lower quality of life for every American; and

Whereas: HR 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, and S 604, the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act, would require a full audit of the Fed for the first time in its history and would provide answers to the American people about how our money is being spent;

Therefore: It's time to hold the Federal Reserve accountable to Congress and the American People. I urge you to do everything in your power to pass the Audit the Fed bill!

I refuse to sign that piece of thrash.

You are mentally ill.

The Federal Reserve Board is a great institution.

Founding Father Karl Marx demanded that the US " Centralize credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly" so who the fuck are you to oppose it?

Audit the Fed

An Open Letter to the

You are mentally ill.

Founding Father Karl Marx demanded that the US " Centralize credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly" so who the fuck are you to oppose it?

Karl Marx really?

:cuckoo:

Maybe he's very good at sarcasm, so good that he makes people believe what he posts when he's really being sarcastic!

Let's hope that's the case.

You are mentally ill.

.​

:cuckoo:

Yes, Karl Marx was a Founding Father. He was a delegate from the People's Republic Of Taxachussets.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

.​

Yeah, a private central bank is sooo great.

I mean, it's been said that it's more scary than even a military dictatorship. :rolleyes:

Keep lovin' yer Fed.

I hope Contumacious is just kidding around...

No sireeee Bob.

Contumacious does not kid about things like that.

I love paper money , massive depressions and a controlled economy. I know that Bob Bernanke and the rest of the power elite know what they are doing.

Every time I see that great American in the news I have a massive orgasm.

The Paul-heads love this issue, and it couldn't be more stupid. The Fed's idiotic monetary policy is out in the open, you don't need to audit them to see that 1700 basis points of fed funds rate adjustments in the 2000s was just dumb, reactive policy. Its balance sheet is posted every week, you can see what it's holding - about a trillion of mortgage backeds right now.

As misguided as the Fed might be, it's not deceiving anyone, it's bad policy is out in the open, and there's no need for an audit.

I signed the petition and sent letters to my senators. They are trying to substitute a watered down bill to make us feel better but accomplish nothing. The reply I received from Bob Casey is below along with my reply. I urge everyone to send letter to their senators.

Dear Senator Casey,

I am concerned about the Federal Reserve causing constant inflation which gradually erodes the purchasing power of everyone. This policy is extremely destructive to those who have spent a lifetime saving for retirement. There is no need for this constant inflation unless your purpose is to transfer saved wealth to the more affluent members of society and bankrupting the elderly middle class. If you are in favor of this, I find your support of the Federal Reserve reprehensible. An annual audit of the Federal reserve would reveal to the American people what is happening to their economy and their savings.

Sincerely,
William Jones

On 3/11/2010 5:39 PM, Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr. wrote:
>
> Dear Mr. Jones:
>
> Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your thoughts regarding the Federal Reserve System, commonly known as the Federal Reserve. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.
>
> The recent financial crisis has led to a high level of involvement on the part of the Federal Reserve in our economy. Since late 2007, the Federal Reserve, along with central banks around the globe, has lowered interest rates and pushed an unprecedented amount of money into the financial markets. In doing so, the Federal Reserve has attempted to stimulate lending activity by banks and other financial institutions in an effort to grow the economy.
>
> Apart from the current crisis, the Federal Reserve plays a pivotal role in managing the long term health of our economy by enacting policies to promote stable inflation, maximize employment and moderate long-term interest rates. In fact, the Federal Reserve's policy decisions affect issues ranging from housing to international trade.
>
> Given the unprecedented steps taken by the Federal Reserve to combat the recession, I understand your concerns. Moreover, I have recently heard from many constituents about the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act of 2009, which would establish a one-time audit of the Federal Reserve by the Comptroller General, who would report the findings to Congress and present legislative recommendations as appropriate. To the extent that such an audit would increase transparency with respect to policies and decisions undertaken to stabilize the economy, I believe it could be beneficial. At the same time, however, I believe the autonomy of the Federal Reserve with respect to establishing and implementing monetary policy should not be compromised. Please be assured, as efforts to increase government transparency come before the Senate, I will weigh this balance carefully.
>
> Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.
>
> If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, Senator Robert P. Casey Jr. | Senator for Pennsylvania. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.
>
> Sincerely,
> Bob Casey
> United States Senator

Forum List

Back