CDZ Sign me up for some of your welfare!

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
USDA launches second round of trade mitigation payments

Geez, everyone picks on them presidents who had stimulus packages and bailouts but here we go again. Now we've created ANOTHER government program to help farmers. If all the farmers would just go and admit they are voting for big government control, bank bailouts and corporate subsidies I would just shrug and figure we need a consistent food supply.

Turns out though we have a lot of the stuff and we pay these folks a lot of the green stuff to grow it.

Oh well, hypocrisy knows no bounds :(

What do you think ETOH subsidies are?

:( You have brought up another good point and my forehead is firmly planted on my palm.

I want cereal to be on the shelf and cheap as much as the next guy. If we need to keep anyone from going under its probably farmers, and maybe GM. Do we give them too many subsidies? Quite possibly.

Just lets get them to recognize the hand that feeds them and go from there.

What do you think ETOH subsidies are?

:( You have brought up another good point and my forehead is firmly planted on my palm.

I want cereal to be on the shelf and cheap as much as the next guy. If we need to keep anyone from going under its probably farmers, and maybe GM. Do we give them too many subsidies? Quite possibly.

Just lets get them to recognize the hand that feeds them and go from there.
Subsidies are a hidden tax, that comes out of your pocket somewhere else.....Just another variation on broken windows.

USDA launches second round of trade mitigation payments

Geez, everyone picks on them presidents who had stimulus packages and bailouts but here we go again. Now we've created ANOTHER government program to help farmers. If all the farmers would just go and admit they are voting for big government control, bank bailouts and corporate subsidies I would just shrug and figure we need a consistent food supply.

Turns out though we have a lot of the stuff and we pay these folks a lot of the green stuff to grow it.

Oh well, hypocrisy knows no bounds :(
a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed would be more cost effective for everyone involved.

Forum List

Back