Sigh...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
...I really have a hard time believing this "terror alert" anymore than I have the previous ones. Too often, this administration has issued warnings of an imminent attack at times which were politically advantageous to the administration. This is no different.

As for the targets, they are, and have been, hard targets. Thanks to Dubbyuh's administration and the Parliment of Whores called Congress, there are far softer targets available which would lead to far greater damage and loss of life. You know...those chemical plants you can walk into unchallenged.

Bullypulpit said:
...I really have a hard time believing this "terror alert" anymore than I have the previous ones. Too often, this administration has issued warnings of an imminent attack at times which were politically advantageous to the administration. This is no different.

As for the targets, they are, and have been, hard targets. Thanks to Dubbyuh's administration and the Parliment of Whores called Congress, there are far softer targets available which would lead to far greater damage and loss of life. You know...those chemical plants you can walk into unchallenged.

Have to agree with Evil on this one. I think that the announcements can force them back to their drawing boards for awhile.

Now on other points, too many warnings? Too little being done? And Kerry would do what differently? Not warn? Consciption for troops for soft targets? Considering that this country is made up of soft targets, how would this be done?

Sir Evil said:
Bully - perhaps these terror alerts are what's keeping the events from unfolding!
I don't recall any of them being termed as "imminent" but could be wrong.

Perhaps "imminent" wasn't used, but you get the idea. As for the source of intel, Pakistan, didn't our our good friends and allies in Pakistan initially provide support to the Taliban? Anything coming from Pakistan, like the intel that Ahmed Chalabi provided regarding Iraq, should be regarded with skepticism. But the Administration is short on skepticism when it comes to anything which will advance their cause.

The fact that this Congress just spent a bucket of money on trying to figure out who knew what and when did they know it suggests to me that ALL the politicians (including Bush and Kerry) will take whichever position is most advantageous to them. They would be fools if they did not. However, I beleive that neither party would endanger the US by withholding/revealing information. I may be niave, but I like to think that the welfare of our nation comes first.

It's just another in the long list of "damned if you do, damned if you don't". If they hadn't raised the terror alert, even if nothing happened, the cry would be "how come we weren't informed?" and labeled another intel failure or cover up.

Bullypulpit said:
Perhaps "imminent" wasn't used, but you get the idea...
Is that like "I voted for the 87 Billion before I voted against it"? Imminent never has been used before. Was it today?

Bully, I'm pretty sure you didn't figure this out by yourself. You must have logged onto www.democratspinoftheday.com to get that one.

The conspiracy thing is really becoming tiresome.

***Edited to comply w/Teacher's comments:)***

HGROKIT said:
Is that like "I voted for the 67 Billion before I voted against it"? Imminent never has been used before. Was it today?

Bully, I'm pretty sure you didn't figure this out by yourself. You must have logged onto www.democratspinoftheday.com to get that one.

The conspiracy thing is really becoming tiresome.

$87 B :slap: $87 BILLION! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back