Sigh of Relief

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Flanders, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,574
    Wow, what a surprise. Taxes and retail prices are going up. They always do. That’s one of the reasons I seldom post messages about the economy.

There must have been a million media stories about the fiscal cliff, and at least that many hours of talking heads telling their audiences what was happening. Media manipulators call it the softening up process —— pound away until the public is ready to heave a sigh of relief because those wonderful crooks in Washington did something bad to the country rather than let something bad happen to the country. I call it a Sigh of Relief Sales Campaign.

Happily for me, I never paid attention to the softening up process because I knew what the outcome would be; TAXES ARE GOING UP.

My advice for starting the new year. Take a deep breath because raising the debt ceiling in a few months still has to be sold to the public.

2. georgephillip

georgephillip Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    The richest 1% of Americans (the Takers) get richer by shifting the tax burden off banks, real estate, natural resources and monopolies and onto labor. Since labor has more votes in the political marketplace, the easiest way to accomplish this is by rolling back everyone's taxes.

The easiest way to decrease taxes is to shrink government spending on Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, yet these are the same programs that enjoy the greatest support among voters. What are the Takers to do?

They create another Big Lie.
    The pretense that government can only create money to pay the financial sector.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Flanders

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,574
    To georgephillip: You’re preaching class warfare. The impossible dream of equal distribution of the wealth is the only possible outcome for anyone who calls for class warfare against the wealthiest Americans. They’d have a better chance of success if they preached class warfare against the parasite class rather than against the richest one percent.

NOTE: Labor is converted to money; hence all taxes are paid with labor. The rich pay their taxes with the labors performed by the private sector.

To georgephillip: The easiest way is to repeal the XVI Amendment; thereby, denying parasites the money in the first place.

To georgephillip: The easiest way is to eliminate entitlements. SS is not an entitlement. Labor performed pays for Social Security. And never forget it was the government that forced working people to pay into SS. Now, the government wants to punish SS because the government looted the money to fund welfare state programs, and mismanaged the way it operates. Example: Millions of illegal immigrants are entitled to SS benefits in addition to welfare state programs.

Incidentally, welfare state entitlements are untouchable by law, but SS is not. In plain English, parasites are protected, while people who worked for whatever benefits they might receive are under constant attack. Many younger working Americans believe they will never receive SS, while parasites have no fear of being driven away from the public trough.

To georgephillip: The government is trying to destroy Medicare & Medicaid by replacing them with socialized medicine and all of its evils. The Affordable Care Act is infinitely more expensive and destructive than Medicare & Medicaid could ever be. That is why an overwhelming majority of Americans wanted no part of it. That foul piece of legislation would never have passed if voters had voted on it.

I don’t know how many times I’ve heard complaints about SS from posters who never say a bad word about welfare state entitlements; the parasitic education industry and its teachers’ unions; the huge salaries and retirement benefits enjoyed by federal, state, and local government-employees who never create a penny’s worth of wealth, nor do they do a helluva of work to get so much. Nor do the people who blame SS for every economic ill ever rail against the hundreds of billions of tax dollars that annually go to parasites in foreign governments. All things considered, I wish someone would tell me how SS recipients became the only villains among so many parasites.

To georgephillip: I’m not clear as to who you define as takers. To me, members of the parasite class are the biggest takers. Parasites are defined as everyone who derives the majority of their income from tax dollars without being necessary to the operation of limited government. A parasite can be a billionaire or an unnecessary government employee of which there are millions, or a welfare recipient living on an entitlement program. AT LEAST four million more parasites will begin living on tax dollars when the Affordable Care Act is fully implemented.

To georgephillip: Again, I’m unclear as to your meaning.

The government cannot create wealth. The government either absorbs wealth directly, ot it absorbs the nation’s wealth through redistribution schemes.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  4. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,687
    Kick the can down the road on spending....
    That's what these fuckers are all about.
    Raise the debt ceiling because Obama and his ilk will blow through what it's set for now.

Get ready my little pretties for the full force of Obamacare.
    And we haven't even gotten to Cap and Tax yet....

Welcome all to 2013.
    It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

5. Flanders

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,574
    To Rozman: It’s much worse than your accurate analysis. Charles Krauthammer’s final words in this brief video is more right than he knows:

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    No real spending cuts... keep class warfare going... and tax more everywhere that does not cost you enough votes to lose an election...

Our wonderful government

7. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    This bill hasn't passed the house...so you are counting the chickens a little early.
    Let's hope this piece of junk does not pass. It is crap - it does not address the deficit whatsoever, it just increases taxes...which will be swallowed by new spending 120%.

8. Flanders

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,574
    To iamwhatiseem: I considered passage a foregone conclusion:

1. Boehner is a wimp.

2. Republican party leaders want huge tax increases as much as do the Democrats.

3. Republicans must know by now that spending cuts is pure fantasy.

4. The new ratio makes passage a cinch since spending cuts will never materialize anyway.

9. georgephillip

georgephillip Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    In the mid 1970s a single minimum wage job paid enough to cover the rent on a brand new one bedroom apartment with enough left over to pay off and maintain a six year-old Chevy without out any help from social welfare agencies.

The richest 1% in the US earned about 8% of total national income at that time.

In less than two generations, the "Takers" have increased their share of national income to over 20% and a single minimum wage job translates to homelessness without any welfare assistance.

During those forty years of increasing inequality between Takers and Workers, rising levels of debt provided workers with a sense of parity until the Great Recession:

"The aim of financial warfare is not merely to acquire land, natural resources and key infrastructure rents as in military warfare; it is to centralize creditor control over society.

"In contrast to the promise of democratic reform nurturing a middle class a century ago, we are witnessing a regression to a world of special privilege in which one must inherit wealth in order to avoid debt and job dependency."

The Financial War Against the Economy at Large » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Get ready for some little country to become a financial powerhouse.

The rich leave. That's what France is finding out. The rich leave and take their money and their enterprise with them when they go.

In the 70s, a minimum wage job certainly did not pay the rent on a brand new one bedroom apartment. The minimum wage wasn't a living wage. In those days minimum wage was intended to be a training wage for young people entering the workforce. Some jobs were held by people supplementing income made by the primary wage earner.