Sidney, NY: GOP - Let's Desecrate Muslim Graves

R

rdean

Leaders of Sidney, tiny upstate town, demand Muslims dig up bodies at cemetery on land they own

Town supervisor Bob McCarthy raised objections to their cemetery right around the time protests erupted in downtown Manhattan over plans to build an Islamic Center near Ground Zero, Hass said.

"I don't think it's a coincidence," he told The Daily News.

McCarthy, a Republican, said his objections have nothing to do with whether or not they are Muslim. "People just can't go bury a body in a field," he told The News.

Confronted with a December 2005 letter to the group from the town's code enforcement officer stating that "a cemetery at this location would be an allowed use," McCarthy said, "I'm not a lawyer."

Leaders of Sidney, tiny upstate town, demand Muslims dig up bodies at cemetery on land they own

-------------------------------------------------

This cemetery incident is just the latest in the "summer of hate" that reached its zenith with the shrill cries against the Park 51 Muslim community center in Manhattan. A center built by liberal Muslims to promote an Islam of peace and brotherhood became re-imagined in the delusional eyes of bigots as a "victory mosque" built by Muslim extremists in honor of Al-Qaeda.

What is fascinating and telling about both incidents is that those who have been targeted by the fear mongers are Sufi Muslims, mystics who celebrate God as the spirit of Love. The Sufis are the polar opposites of Al-Qaeda and its band of murderers, promoting a progressive Islam that embraces other religions warmly and seeks human reconciliation rather than conflict. Muslim fundamentalists have been attacking Sufis for centuries, as their brand of progressive Islam outshines the ugly corruption of religion that the fundamentalists want to promote. And now the Muslim fundamentalists' war against Sufism has been joined by fanatics of other religions and communities.

Kamran Pasha: Digging Up Muslim Graves

------------------------------------------

Political Parties in the US can't keep targeting minorities. It only damages the party doing the targeting.

I thought Republicans would be proud of this.

This is NOT a matter of disrespect or even mild disregard toward Muslims. I know Bob Mccarthy to be a decent man who's only concern is the town coffers. His concern has nothing to do with religion. His concern is that where a cemetery exists, if the originators run out of money, the town can and often is held responsible for upkeep on the cemetery. It seems like a really romantic notion to bury grandma on the "back forty" of the family farm. Sadly, twenty, thirty or fifty years later the town can be held responsible for the upkeep because there is no formal cemetery organization that is perpetuated to continue the upkeep.

As for the commune, well, Delaware County has a long history of communal groups coming up from the city with grand plans and expectations, then folding up and going broke. Who will pay for the cemetery when this one folds its tent and goes home? The answer is that the residents of Sidney will. Bob McCarthy is just looking out for the fiscal interests of his town. To assign the title of bigot or religously intolerant to a man you know nothing about is just plain wrong. I happen to know the man.... the only thing he is intolerant about is money being drawn from the public trust.

As for the information regarding an existing permit, there is no such permit issued. What this commune has is a letter from a code enforcement officer saying that there is nothing in the zoning ordinance to prohibit a cemetery. They went the first step toward creating a cemetery and stopped. They never applied to the Town Board of Sidney for a permit to operate a cemetery.

Frankly, as far as I am concerend, we ought to let the burials take place, even if the Town ultimately gets stuck with the bill, and no doubt it will, the cost is likely to be minimal. McCarthy, though, feels otherwise... he guards every cent of public money jealously. Then again, that is probably why the good people of Sidney elected him Town Supervisor.

It could be as you say, but every article I could find say the Muslims were 'maintaining" a cemetary on land they boutght.

Confronted with a December 2005 letter to the group from the town's code enforcement officer stating that "a cemetery at this location would be an allowed use," McCarthy said, "I'm not a lawyer."

It could be as you say, but every article I could find say the Muslims were 'maintaining" a cemetary on land they boutght.

Provide evidence they have the RIGHT to even have a cemetery there. Or shut up.

This is NOT a matter of disrespect or even mild disregard toward Muslims. I know Bob Mccarthy to be a decent man who's only concern is the town coffers. His concern has nothing to do with religion. His concern is that where a cemetery exists, if the originators run out of money, the town can and often is held responsible for upkeep on the cemetery. It seems like a really romantic notion to bury grandma on the "back forty" of the family farm. Sadly, twenty, thirty or fifty years later the town can be held responsible for the upkeep because there is no formal cemetery organization that is perpetuated to continue the upkeep.

As for the commune, well, Delaware County has a long history of communal groups coming up from the city with grand plans and expectations, then folding up and going broke. Who will pay for the cemetery when this one folds its tent and goes home? The answer is that the residents of Sidney will. Bob McCarthy is just looking out for the fiscal interests of his town. To assign the title of bigot or religously intolerant to a man you know nothing about is just plain wrong. I happen to know the man.... the only thing he is intolerant about is money being drawn from the public trust.

As for the information regarding an existing permit, there is no such permit issued. What this commune has is a letter from a code enforcement officer saying that there is nothing in the zoning ordinance to prohibit a cemetery. They went the first step toward creating a cemetery and stopped. They never applied to the Town Board of Sidney for a permit to operate a cemetery.

Frankly, as far as I am concerend, we ought to let the burials take place, even if the Town ultimately gets stuck with the bill, and no doubt it will, the cost is likely to be minimal. McCarthy, though, feels otherwise... he guards every cent of public money jealously. Then again, that is probably why the good people of Sidney elected him Town Supervisor.

I smell bullshit, bhuntftl. Funny how I have never seen you on USMB before tonight and that you know this McCarthy man so well.

The burials were legal. People can with their own property as they like, unless the town has a zoning ordinance in place to prevent it. The time for this McCarthy dude to raise objections was before the burials, not after.

This was a vile expression of ignorant bigotry, and I am ashamed it happened in New York.

Provide evidence they have the RIGHT to even have a cemetery there. Or shut up.

Jesus H. Christ RGS, you know better than this. A man has the right to do whatever he likes with his land, unless a constitutional law or zoning ordinance prohibits it.

I can't for the life of me understand why people get bent over things like this. Let them bury them in a field. It's called a "family plot". Very common. Unless there is an ordinance, who cares?

I thought Republicans would be proud of this.

That would be a first.

You thinking, that is.

I thought you supported the rights of governments to dictate to property owners what they can, and cannot do, with their private property. Have you suddenly changed your position because Muslims are involved? Why are you afraid of Muslims?

For a newly elected town supervisor, the only thing Bob McCarthy has done so far regarding the Town of Sidney NY, is embarrass the citizens here. He came out against STOP DWI, because of the financial burden, but alas was proven WRONG when it came out that STOP DWI, is paid for by..... Drunk drivers who get CAUGHT. His theory was that we a rea country founded in taverns, seems a little dated. I mean if Bob is out drinking (as has been his common history, as I am told) and rides his horse home drunk, like our fore fathers, that is different then him driving drunk, in a car. He also thinks the Boys and Girls Club, is a waste of taxpayer money and full of degenerates , but oh, wait a minute they don't get money from the town and a majority of the kids out of the club graduate to college or the military.
So after those public failures at knowing....anything.... Bob McCarthy goes and spouts off at a Muslim group, with Approved documentation, doing NOTHING illegal, and actually making sure the law is followed to what extent a law is, and gets a few town cronies to help cause a stink. The worst part is, the National media thinks it is the Town of Sidney that is doing this, when in reality is a scared old man, who should not be in any position of power. He should not even be allowed out of the house, Bob McCarthy is just that ignorant.
Bob McCarthy is nothing more than a sad racist man, who probably bought his election, who thinks that if he makes wild accusations, people will believe him. If I see him on the street, I would tell him "Hey Hitler called, said keep up the great work"....... sadly Bob is so uninformed he would probably respond with "Really? tell Hitler I said thanks"
The guy has to be stopped, I meet more people that voted for his opponent, and very few if any who voted for him, that leads me to believe he cheated at his election, and should do what other TeaBaggers should do, leave the country and have your racist, fear mongering tea party, in another country. It was a Boston tea party, not a England tea party. Bob McCarthy, and old moron for a current generation.

P.S. I really do wonder if Bob McCarthy thinks Hitler would be pleased with his meteoric rise to stupidity, I think in my opinion, Bob McCarthy would of been in the Reich given the chance.

If you think you can prove me wrong on ANY of this, well you made your first mistake.

Last edited:
For a newly elected town supervisor, the only thing Bob McCarthy has done so far regarding the Town of Sidney NY, is embarrass the citizens here. He came out against STOP DWI, because of the financial burden, but alas was proven WRONG when it came out that STOP DWI, is paid for by..... Drunk drivers who get CAUGHT. His theory was that we are a country founded in taverns, seems a little dated. I mean if Bob is out drinking (as has been his common history, as I am told) and rides his horse home drunk, like our fore fathers, that is different then him driving drunk, in a car. He also thinks the Boys and Girls Club, is a waste of taxpayer money and full of degenerates, but oh, wait a minute they don't get money from the town and a majority of the kids out of the club graduate to college or the military.

So after those public failures at knowing....anything.... Bob McCarthy goes and spouts off at a Muslim group, with Approved documentation, doing NOTHING illegal, and actually making sure the law is followed to what extent a law is, and gets a few town cronies to help cause a stink. The worst part is, the National media thinks it is the Town of Sidney that is doing this, when in reality is a scared old man, who should not be in any position of power. He should not even be allowed out of the house, Bob McCarthy is just that ignorant.

Bob McCarthy is nothing more than a sad racist man, who probably bought his election, who thinks that if he makes wild accusations, people will believe him. If I see him on the street, I would tell him "Hey Hitler called, said keep up the great work"....... sadly Bob is so uninformed he would probably respond with "Really? tell Hitler I said thanks"

The guy has to be stopped, I meet more people that voted for his opponent, and very few if any who voted for him, that leads me to believe he cheated at his election, and should do what other TeaBaggers should do, leave the country and have your racist, fear mongering tea party, in another country. It was a Boston tea party, not a England tea party. Bob McCarthy, an old moron for a current generation.

P.S. I really do wonder if Bob McCarthy thinks Hitler would be pleased with his meteoric rise to stupidity, I think in my opinion, Bob McCarthy would of been in the Reich given the chance.

If you think you can prove me wrong on ANY of this, well you made your first mistake.

How can we help you impeach McCarthy, BobsDumb? Very pleased to meet you, BTW.

Town supervisor Bob McCarthy raised objections to their cemetery right around the time protests erupted in downtown Manhattan over plans to build an Islamic Center near Ground Zero, Hass said.

"I don't think it's a coincidence," he told The Daily News.

McCarthy, a Republican, said his objections have nothing to do with whether or not they are Muslim. "People just can't go bury a body in a field," he told The News.

-------------------------------------------------

This cemetery incident is just the latest in the "summer of hate" that reached its zenith with the shrill cries against the Park 51 Muslim community center in Manhattan. A center built by liberal Muslims to promote an Islam of peace and brotherhood became re-imagined in the delusional eyes of bigots as a "victory mosque" built by Muslim extremists in honor of Al-Qaeda.

What is fascinating and telling about both incidents is that those who have been targeted by the fear mongers are Sufi Muslims, mystics who celebrate God as the spirit of Love. The Sufis are the polar opposites of Al-Qaeda and its band of murderers, promoting a progressive Islam that embraces other religions warmly and seeks human reconciliation rather than conflict. Muslim fundamentalists have been attacking Sufis for centuries, as their brand of progressive Islam outshines the ugly corruption of religion that the fundamentalists want to promote. And now the Muslim fundamentalists' war against Sufism has been joined by fanatics of other religions and communities.

Kamran Pasha: Digging Up Muslim Graves

------------------------------------------

Political Parties in the US can't keep targeting minorities. It only damages the party doing the targeting.

your thread title is highly misleading, to say the least.

Forum List

Back