Side effects

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
Viewing commercials with all the side effects makes one wonder who is taking that stuff. I like my current doctor as his sign reads medicine is all about helping people avoid medicines. Too many doctors prescribing too many meds.....how did we get here?

Anyone here ever run into side effect problems? At 81 I am on no meds. My medicine is alot of exercise and eating clean. A lot of organic homegrown veggies and some meat primarily venison....no beef full of chemicals.

Viewing commercials with all the side effects makes one wonder who is taking that stuff. I like my current doctor as his sign reads medicine is all about helping people avoid medicines. Too many doctors prescribing too many meds.....how did we get here?

All those side effects they list are merely the company lawyers covering their clients for any and all possibilities.

I understand that but nonetheless I still believe doctors are quick to write up a prescription. Why? Big pharma? Most issues can be resolved through diet and exercise. Too many Americans just ignore this and settle for a drive through fully aware of the consequences. Healthcare prices would drop if this trend was reversed. But the american way is to ingest that garbage at high rates.

I understand that but nonetheless I still believe doctors are quick to write up a prescription. Why? Big pharma? Most issues can be resolved through diet and exercise. Too many Americans just ignore this and settle for a drive through fully aware of the consequences. Healthcare prices would drop if this trend was reversed. But the american way is to ingest that garbage at high rates.

My doc agrees - Americans take far too many drugs.

My doc agrees - Americans take far too many drugs.
and not the good kind.

Every drug has potential side effects, some serious and some just annoyances or minor. Medicine is a risk/benefit practice. You have to weigh the risk of treatment and doing something versus the risks of doing nothing. However, people want magic bullets rather than changing their lifestyles, eating better, exercising and simply just learning to suck it up. Sometimes things ache or you have aches, pains, headaches, etc. We don't have to run to a doctor everytime you have something in your body that doesn't feel perfect. It's called life, deal with it.

All medicines can cause unwanted side effects. For example, antibiotics medicines are harmful for body. Avoid more use of antibiotic medicines. Skin rashes are a common reaction.

I understand what you say. I am also facing the problem. When I was going to a clinic and take some medicine, suddenly my skin reacts. I think it is a side effect of the drug. So, I decided to use natural treatment and doing exercise daily.

Forum List

Back