Side effects worse than the ailment.

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Every time I see a commercial about someone's ailment...then the voiced uber-fast warnings about the side effects...or the teeny tiny print at the bottom of the screen.....I'm like...WTF? Why would anyone want to chance cancer to cure psoriasis???? Or chance having their throat swell up where they can die to lower their cholesterol?
Are doctors poisoning us with drug companies in their back pockets along with kickbacks?

My doctor, two days ago, gave me an RX to make my bones more dense. Of course I didn't fill it. I googled first. At the bottom of one page of the side effects of that drug, it highly recommended "to retain a personal injury attorney if you take this drug".

It's scarey out there in Med Land.

I was in awe listening to a commercial for an IUD, just last night

Ectopic Pregnancy

There's a less than 1 percent chance that pregnancy will occur while using Mirena. It's about the same efficacy as other forms of birth control, like the pill. Of these pregnancies, nearly half of them are ectopic, or tubal pregnancies.

Ovarian Cysts

About 12 percent of women who use Mirena developed enlarged ovarian follicles or ovarian cysts

PID or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a condition of the reproductive organs that causes pain, swelling, tissue damage, and in serious cases, can lead to hysterectomy, infertility and death.

Puncture, Embedding or Expulsion

Very rarely an IUD may puncture or get embedded in the uterus.

Acne

The hormones in the Mirena IUD can cause some women to develop acne and other skin problems, such as rashes or itching

Decreased Milk Production

In women who are nursing, the hormones in the Mirena IUD can cause a decrease in the production of breast milk, and the hormones may be passed through the milk into the infant

Digestive

Digestive side effects of Mirena include nausea, vomiting and abdominal cramping, which may be severe and require urgent medical treatment

Mental Health

Side effects on mental health caused by Mirena include depression, irritability, sudden mood changes and loss of interest in sexual activity. Irregular Bleeding

Mirena may cause women to have irregular menstrual periods or short periods of bleeding in between periods, as well as entirely missed periods. Neurological

Neurological side effects of Mirena require prompt medical evaluation and include sudden dizziness, severe headaches and numbness or paralysis on one side of the body. Blood Clot

Sudden or severe pelvic or leg pain or pain and tightness in the chest are serious side effects that may indicate a blood clot, which is a life threatening condition.
Mirena IUD Side Effects | eHow.com
:(

• Banned
Scarey, isn't it? And how many gullible people take the drugs perscribed and not investigate first? The ones in the morgue. Or the ones in nursing homes totally fucked up due to the "cure".

I actually do have to take some pills because of other pills I have to take.

But I'm still here, in pain much of the time and not feeling well the rest of the time but still here. 30 years ago I wouldn't be......

They convince you you have something you probably don't have, tell you to see your doctor, who faithfully listens to you and sees your by now, Pavlovian symptoms and prescribes the drug you want from watching the commercials on TV, you buy and take the drug, then years later you join in on the class action lawsuit of people who took X drug and suffered a failed liver, jock itch, unspecified pain or even death.

No word yet on how many of the ones who "suffered" death actually participate in the lawsuits.

• Banned
You caught that too, Midnight?

"If anyone in your family has suffered death, please call our offices NOW".

• Banned
I actually do have to take some pills because of other pills I have to take.

But I'm still here, in pain much of the time and not feeling well the rest of the time but still here. 30 years ago I wouldn't be......

I take my meds, yes. High blood pressure pills. Those, yes. But I checked them out first. However, for RA...I'll suffer with it instead of taking crap that will screw me up worse than I already am.

Glad you're still around, Ollie. But I'm sorry about the continual pain. I can relate. However, my mother blessed me with her "tolerance to pain" gene.

Big pharma is job security for Lawyers.

LOts of drugs pulled from the market since we streamlined the drug approval process.

If not for Oxycodone and morphine I would have done myself in more than a year ago.

I take 9 different medications in the morning and 8 at night. I could make a damned meal on just the pills I take every day. I told my doctor once that I saw such and such a medication advertized on tv and I told him I thought it would do me a bit of good. He told me to quit watching tv and let him do the doctoring on my old body. Seemed like a fair deal to me.

Did you know that the big drug companies were trying to get Tumeric off shelves so they could use it as a drug to assist in dealing with RA? But they failed. Kinda hard to do that with a food staple used for hundreds of years in india, here, and other countries as a spice.
Assholes.

Big pharma has also been fighting the nutriotional addives, vitamins for years.
Why? Because they do not have a patent on them.

You caught that too, Midnight?

"If anyone in your family has suffered death, please call our offices NOW".
Yeah, I have one of those on my list for one of my infamous recorded prank phone calls from my "Red Neckerson" character. Red will tell them he "suffered death" and we'll see how the convo goes.

Every time I see a commercial about someone's ailment...then the voiced uber-fast warnings about the side effects...or the teeny tiny print at the bottom of the screen.....I'm like...WTF? Why would anyone want to chance cancer to cure psoriasis???? Or chance having their throat swell up where they can die to lower their cholesterol?
Are doctors poisoning us with drug companies in their back pockets along with kickbacks?

My doctor, two days ago, gave me an RX to make my bones more dense. Of course I didn't fill it. I googled first. At the bottom of one page of the side effects of that drug, it highly recommended "to retain a personal injury attorney if you take this drug".

It's scarey out there in Med Land.

Thank the trial lawyer industry. Drug companies create these draconian warnings as a defense. In reality, the likelihood of such side effects is incredibly minute, or they would never have received FDA approval.

I don't trust the FDA any more than I trust the drug companies that make millions off other people's ailments. Why offer a cure and lose money once the patient is cured and no longer needs those drugs?
I know. I'm paranoid. I bet there is a pill for that. lol

Let's see:

I take 7 pills after breakfast.

Then

10 after Dinner

And 4 more before bed.

I do believe I could survive on just those pills and the water needed to swallow them.

I asked my Family doctor and my cardiologist about cutting back on some of them.

My cardiologist asked me if I wanted to be here in 2 years.....

I don't trust the FDA any more than I trust the drug companies that make millions off other people's ailments. Why offer a cure and lose money once the patient is cured and no longer needs those drugs?
I know. I'm paranoid. I bet there is a pill for that. lol

If there's a pill for it I'll bet there's an app for it too....

Forum List

Back