Sick: Palin used daughter to get taxpayer funding for abstinance only programs

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Just despicable.

How can a mother do that to her child? Even if the child gets 1/4 million for getting pregnant out of wedlock?

Out of wedlock pregnancy is despicable to me, yes.
Rewarding the girl well for it is even more despicable.

This is the second or third thread I have seen about Palin today the obsession some people here have over a woman who is no longer in office or running for office is disturbing.

Three Dedicated Funding Streams for Abstinence-Only-Until-Marriage Programs

Adolescent Family Life Act
The Adolescent Family Life Act (AFLA) was quietly signed into law in 1981 as Title XX of the Public Health Service Act without hearings or floor votes in the U.S. Congress. In addition to providing comprehensive support services to pregnant and parenting teens and their families, AFLA was established to promote “chastity” and “self-discipline.

Title V Abstinence-Only-Until-Marriage Program
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Act (TANF), better known as “welfare reform,” was signed into law in 1996. The welfare reform law added Title V, Section 510(b) of the Social Security Act which established a new federal funding stream to provide grants to states for abstinence-only-until-marriage programs. The program was originally administered by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Similar to AFLA, this program was enacted quietly, without public or legislative debate.

Community-Based Abstinence Education
In October 2000, the federal government created yet another funding stream to support abstinence-only-until-marriage programs. Under this third funding stream, originally known as Special Projects of Regional and National Significance–Community-Based Abstinence Education (SPRANS–CBAE), the federal government awarded grants directly to state and local organizations. Until Fiscal Year 2005, SPRANS–CBAE was administered within the HHS by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau. Beginning in Fiscal Year 2005, however, this funding stream was also moved to HHS’ at-the-time more conservative ACF and began to be known simply as the Community-Based Abstinence Education (CBAE) program.

No More Money - A Brief History: Abstinence-Only-Until-Marriage Funding

Just despicable.

How can a mother do that to her child? Even if the child gets 1/4 million for getting pregnant out of wedlock?

Link? I dont have the drama channel as my home page..........

Bristol Palin got 250k for promoting abstinance only.
The program got taxpayer money.

Conservatives are only conservative on spending they dislike. Should be conservative on spending period, imo.

Then you must be against welfare.

somewhat.

Women that keep having babies they cannot support should be sterilized.

Parents should pay the full cost of raising their children including no socialized education system.

Last edited:

Wow judgemental and correct, but how are your fellow liberals gonna take it....Where is the link on the funds though...I didnt see one

Forum List

Back