Sick of Obama!

If the money is spent on improving American infrastructure and moving us toward energy independence, why not?

It's better than wasting billions in Iraq.

First off, we don't have it so we have to borrow it. Who is going to lend it us? Our main creditor, China, is now even more broke than we are, so where else are we going to get it?

We can pass all the spending we want to, but if no one lends us the money, we still won't be able to do it, any more than you could buy a house with no cash or mortgage in hand....

That's the GRIM reality no one in the media is talking about. We likely will NOT be able to even get the 850 billion to spend. Treasury offering 0% notes is not going to get any takers.....

Reagan and Bush are responsible for 90% of the National Debt.

Reagan spent billions for obsolete weapons systems like battleships, and Bush wasted billions in Iraq.

The correct but politically incorrect thing to do in Iraq was after we nailed Saddam, we should have flattened the Sunni Triangle after 3 days warning for everyone to get out, then crushed the rubble into powder and then pulled our troops out and say "Leave us the hell alone or next time there won't be a three day warning."
We wouldn't have wasted billions, we would have sent a message and none of our troops would have been killed in the 5th century style of warfare they want us to participate in.
You better believe there wouldn't be any more attacks on US soil, because the terrorists would finally respect our power as much as they hate it.

The correct but politically incorrect thing to do in Iraq was after we nailed Saddam, we should have flattened the Sunni Triangle after 3 days warning for everyone to get out, then crushed the rubble into powder and then pulled our troops out and say "Leave us the hell alone or next time there won't be a three day warning."
We wouldn't have wasted billions, we would have sent a message and none of our troops would have been killed in the 5th century style of warfare they want us to participate in.
You better believe there wouldn't be any more attacks on US soil, because the terrorists would finally respect our power as much as they hate it.

Are you sure you are from San Francisco?

People probably asked Lot the same thing when he was staying in Sodom.
Are you sure you're from around here? Cuz we like it ass backwards.

You might be surprised how many independant thinkers there are here in the City, but we definitely are a major minority. Most won't speak up for fear of being labeled something. So they allow themselves to get bent by the left everyday because they get intimidated by the lefties popular ideas and fear no one else will stick up for them

Last edited:
I would like to see one thread started that is about Obama where Bush's name is not brought up. The libs just can't do it. Your guy won and Bush is out...let it go and move on. How long will this Bush bashing go on into Obama's run?

You might be surprised how many independant thinkers there are here in the City, but we definitely are a major minority. Most won't speak up for fear of being labeled something. So they allow themselves to get bent by the left everyday because they get intimidated by the lefties popular ideas and fear no one else will stick up for them

Fight for your right, to PARTAY! I live in the second most conservative area in Nor-Cal and it feels good to go out and here liberals views just to get a break, SOMETIMES, that is. I could not imagine living in San Fran, that place seems as if it is going crazy with libs walking left and right. I am a moderate, but cannot stand when the left acts like spoiled kids and practically wants to legalize marriage between animals and humans. It seems as if that is how far they are willing to go.

Fight for your right, to PARTAY! I live in the second most conservative area in Nor-Cal and it feels good to go out and here liberals views just to get a break, SOMETIMES, that is. I could not imagine living in San Fran, that place seems as if it is going crazy with libs walking left and right. I am a moderate, but cannot stand when the left acts like spoiled kids and practically wants to legalize marriage between animals and humans. It seems as if that is how far they are willing to go.
Verily they are willing to do all of the above. It's do whatever you feel because that shows off the diversity of your individualism. It makes you artsy, intelligent, a questioner of authority, a true revolutionary and agent of change. Rage against the machine and down with the capitalist empire!
Adore Chez Guevarra, celebrate Obama, dance and bask in the light and wisdom of Socrates and Feinstein! New World Order I say! Screw those religious bastards who poison our minds and feed off the oily blood of the Arabs and damn all those baby boomer white afluent people to hell, because they are all racists bigots and intolerant whiteys.
Tobacco is the plague of all the earth, but marijuana is the key to enlightenment and the cure for all diseases and the answer to every question. Bring every terrorist and illegal into our schools because we owe it to them after what Bush did. I am giving up my kids to gay parents because they are a better family and are more diverse minded than me, so I can go have the affair and party. Don't pollute the environment, just our kids minds.

:udaman:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Verily they are willing to do all of the above. It's do whatever you feel because that shows off the diversity of your individualism. It makes you artsy, intelligent, a questioner of authority, a true revolutionary and agent of change. Rage against the machine and down with the capitalist empire!
Adore Chez Guevarra, celebrate Obama, dance and bask in the light and wisdom of Socrates and Feinstein! New World Order I say! Screw those religious bastards who poison our minds and feed off the oily blood of the Arabs and damn all those baby boomer white afluent people to hell, because they are all racists bigots and intolerant whiteys.
Tobacco is the plague of all the earth, but marijuana is the key to enlightenment and the cure for all diseases and the answer to every question. Bring every terrorist and illegal into our schools because we owe it to them after what Bush did. I am giving up my kids to gay parents because they are a better family and are more diverse minded than me, so I can go have the affair and party. Don't pollute the environment, just our kids minds.

:clap2:

So hussein's solution to over spending is more spending, the likes of amounts we've never seen before? Great idea. I do the same thing myself. When ever I'm over budget and broke, I just spend a shit load more money I don't have. Don't you?

If the money is spent on improving American infrastructure and moving us toward energy independence, why not?

It's better than wasting billions in Iraq.

How do Reagan and Bush waste any money when the House controls the Purse?

This hype and hoopla is also a real statement not only about Obama but also very much about the final change of guard from the Bushed Administration.

I hope he is half as good as people think he is. That will make him about a hundred times the president we are getting rid of.:eusa_pray:

A lot of this is also the media. There just isn't news for 24 hours a day, so they have to make what they can of what they have.

I used to actually watch the news. Now there isn't any.

A couple of points, and let me preface this by saying that although I didn't vote for Obama, I hope he does a great job. First off, many people such as yourself are certain Obama will be so much better than Bush. Yet there is no guarantee of this. He could prove to be this country's worst nightmare.

History judges people (Presidents) based on many things. Events that take place long after a President is out of office can shape their legacy. Let me give you a very possible scenario. Let's say in Obama eases up on national security issues for varying reasons. Then say in his third or fourth year in office, the US is hit by a terrorist attack much worse than 9/11. George Bush then becomes a man of great foresight and a great President; Obama becomes our worst nightmare.

Mind you, I don't hope for this or want this, but this is something to be aware of. GW kept this country safe after 9/11. Yes, it was at a great cost, but we are most likely going to do a complete 180 on many of Bush's national security policies. Only time will tell if this is a safe course of action or not.

I think what Obama supporters see as 'bad' about Bush and '100 times better' about Obama is that Obama is trying to stay true to ideals like integrity and transparency. no one really disputes the cloak-and-dagger approach about the bush years. Obama repeatedly says that he wants to be transparent, accountable, and 'the buck stops here.'

Contrast that last comment with Bush's recent "Why did this have to happen on my watch?'

That's whay Obama is such a breath of fresh air to so many people. So evaluating a president comes down to priorities. No doubt it is hard for someone who values safety over transparency/etc to see why others would value transparency over safety. And vice versa.

We all have different ideas about what a president should be and do.

Last edited:

nice rant! :)

I think it boils down to - neither 'side' wants to be squashed by the other 'side.'

You don't want society to erode, you feel like liberalism erodes core values.

Liberals don't want certain freedoms to erode, and they feel threatened by things like pro-business administrations over the individual, and religion encroaching into science.

Since both sides really only want to protect their own rights, not particularly force their beliefs on others (we're all americans, we mostly all agree in individual liberties to an extent, your limit might be something like keeping marriage pure whereas mine might be keeping science pure) then it really seems that we ought to be able to work it out. No one wants to force you to marry your best guy friend and no one wants to force me to believe in creationism, after all. We all just want he freedom to decide for ourselves.

I think it boils down to - neither 'side' wants to be squashed by the other 'side.'

Liberals don't want certain freedoms to erode, and they feel threatened by things like pro-business administrations over the individual, and religion encroaching into science.

Since both sides really only want to protect their own rights, not particularly force their beliefs on others (we're all americans, we mostly all agree in individual liberties to an extent, your limit might be something like keeping marriage pure whereas mine might be keeping science pure) then it really seems that we ought to be able to work it out. No one wants to force you to marry your best guy friend and no one wants to force me to believe in creationism, after all. We all just want he freedom to decide for ourselves.

Balance---we need each other--(dammit)

My only disagreement with you is that the liberals I have come in contact with, by and large, have told me my vote shouldn't count. That tells me if they could get away with it, they would steal my ballot and burn it. That is a scary concept that if embraced will only lead to communism or dictatorship.
I also believe in keeping science pure. True religion and true science will always agree with one another. But it's a lot easier said than done. Only the most studious in both areas will find the right balance.
I am all for a persons right to vote liberal, even if I disagree with it. But I think the harder left your opinions are, the less you value others opinions and the less you begin to value democracy.
Is that true or true?:eusa_eh:

Anyone else sick of the Obama Fest? I didn't vote for the guy but I wish him the best of luck and he now has my support. I'm sick of the almost God like status the media is giving him. I never remember another President getting this type of MTV and E! like coverage.

Now maybe you are feeling a bit of the pain that I felt for 8 years watching the chimp named W act like a clown each time the camera was pointed his way. ENJOY! :lol:

Forum List

Back