Sick ..near death....hopefully...stricken with....the common cold

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
It is 3:56 Am. I have been up for about an hour. I am a bag of snot. Fluids are literally pouring from my body. I have a question for either the creationists or the evoluntionist....if gods made man or goddesses for that matter..one does have a sense of humor...putting a running nose over the mouth...do we really think evoluntion would have done that?

Puffs beat the hell out of the moon walk ...imho. You got to love the spouse who assures me that he wants me to stay in bed where I would be most comfortable. But one of us needs sleep.

What is it about the common cold? Is it knowing we are totally helpless till it runs its course? Is it the pouring nose and eyes? The exhausted feeling from no sleep...coughing...blowing and all?

Are you one of these people who uses decongestants? Do you realize that this snot drying in and on your sinus cavities is not good for you? So due to that I believe in free flowing mucus. How is that working for me? Not so well right now...but I digress.

I am now at the point that the dehyradration is starting. (day 3)

So what do you do to treat the common cold?

No kidding a good mate of mine - Greek bloke - many years ago told me Metaxa, but it had to be Seven Star, not the Five Star (I think he didn't tell me about the real top Metaxa because of the bucks). It worked. Shame about the hangover next day though :redface:

If you pray to GOD the almighty you can kick the cold in two weeks.

For heathens and atheists it take fourteen days.

Or, about 4-5 days with a bottle of Mucinex (the stuff from the pharmacy - not off the shelf), a bottle of Robitussin (the stuff with guaifenesin), a box of daytime Tylenol Severew Cold & Flu, and a bottle of Nyquil for at night.

5 is better than 14, especially if you have to work, and iff'n us atheists are doomed to hell anyway, might as well take all that "bad for you" stuff. :badgrin:

Oh, and Strolling.. Try the kleenex with Vicks Vaporub in it - that stuff's AWESOME.

Or, about 4-5 days with a bottle of Mucinex (the stuff from the pharmacy - not off the shelf), a bottle of Robitussin (the stuff with guaifenesin), a box of daytime Tylenol Severew Cold & Flu, and a bottle of Nyquil for at night.

5 is better than 14, especially if you have to work, and iff'n us atheists are doomed to hell anyway, might as well take all that "bad for you" stuff. :badgrin:

Oh, and Strolling.. Try the kleenex with Vicks Vaporub in it - that stuff's AWESOME.

Don't know about the doomed to Hell part, but I consider it sheer genius that that you want Robitussin with the same active ingredient as Mucinex.

A bottle of Jack works much better than all that crap and costs less.

Don't know about the doomed to Hell part, but I consider it sheer genius that that you want Robitussin with the same active ingredient as Mucinex.

A bottle of Jack works much better than all that crap and costs less.

The Robitussin is only for those occasional coughing fits - stops them immediately.

Sure.. Jack may work better, but how much is that bottle of Jack really costing someone when they forget to get up and go to work the next day?

It astounds me that one can purchase Robitussin over the counter but hemp possession is a crime.

This nation is mad, I tell yas, completely forking out of its mind.

could ya'll focus on me....lol...i will go with the liquor cure...i only have to work 5 hours today....i can make it..when i broke my toe..no one batted an eye about me working.....my boss called last night and wanted to know if he needed to come in for me...

The Robitussin is only for those occasional coughing fits - stops them immediately.

Sure.. Jack may work better, but how much is that bottle of Jack really costing someone when they forget to get up and go to work the next day?

I wouldn't know. I don't miss work for having a cold. Takes a good infection I don't do anything about until it drops me in my tracks for that.

Otherwise, I just don't go to work mostly when I don't feel like it.

could ya'll focus on me....lol...i will go with the liquor cure...i only have to work 5 hours today....i can make it..when i broke my toe..no one batted an eye about me working.....my boss called last night and wanted to know if he needed to come in for me...

Sorry ... got sidetracked from it being all about YOU.:lol: Here, have a couple of these:

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Stay home, Stroll.

If you're as sick as you indicate you're a public health menace, right now.

In fact, since I started reading your posts, I'm not feeling so well myself, you selfish bastard.

Gunny, would you disinfect this typhoid Mary's ASCII before you publish it, please?

Stay home, Stroll.

In fact, since I started reading your posts, I'm not feeling so well myself, you selfish bastard.

Gunny, would you disinfect this typhoid Mary's ASCII before you publish it, please?

LMFAO!:eusa_clap:

I'll see if I can't run her posts through decon ...

I take Airbourne as soon as I feel a cold coming on. I find it helps diminish it somewhat. But when all else fails, before you go to sleep, make yourself a cup of tea with milk and honey and a nice shot of Drambuie.

You might still have your cold, but you won't care so much. And I do always feel better the next morning when I take it.

I take Airbourne as soon as I feel a cold coming on. I find it helps diminish it somewhat. But when all else fails, before you go to sleep, make yourself a cup of tea with milk and honey and a nice shot of Drambuie.

You might still have your cold, but you won't care so much. And I do always feel better the next morning when I take it.

Just one shot?:confused:

Lightweight.:eusa_whistle:

nyquil....guaranteed to make you sleep thru the night....if you sleep, you will heal quicker.

It astounds me that one can purchase Robitussin over the counter but hemp possession is a crime.

This nation is mad, I tell yas, completely forking out of its mind.

I was in Kentucky once and couldn't get booze anywhere, had to go to the next county. That's my definition of insanity.

I wouldn't know. I don't miss work for having a cold. Takes a good infection I don't do anything about until it drops me in my tracks for that.

Otherwise, I just don't go to work mostly when I don't feel like it.

Gunny - which of your parents were Aussies? That's an admirable philosophy :D

Stay home, Stroll.

Dum de dum....I have Linux....:eusa_angel:

No wait *cough* *cough*

.....hang on.....tomorrow's Saturday....

Please ignore this post.

New Topics

Forum List

Back