SIAP:Apple announces plans to repatriate $350 billion in overseas cash, add 20,000 jobs in America

Umm yeah.. Apple has already said the 20K new hires were planned prior to the passage of the 2017 Tax Reform Package, so no, the tax code isn't playing any significant role with the expansion of Apple's domestic work force (in this particular case).According to Apple the tax code changes are one of the primary drivers for the repatriation of $245 billion from overseas accounts, which makes sense since it would have been insane for 'em to do it prior to the new one time tax treatment of repatriated assets.All the specifics of what Apple plans to do with those repatriated assets remains to be seen but they've committed to at least $30 billion in additional domestic capital investment.
`
`

Outside of this one-time tax plan, what I am saying is that IF this actually does happen (which I doubt), it would have happened regardless of anything trump did.

Even if the company says it's because of the new tax plan???
They are thanking Trump for all the millions the fat fucker just gave them.

He didn't give them anything. He just made it so the government took less of THEIR MONEY which is something you leftists just can't comprehend.

To you leftists, all money made belongs to government, and whatever they don't take is a gift from them to us. Very sad really.

Apple has tens maybe hundreds more millions due to the bill.

How did they get that? Due to the tax cut bill.

Apple really needed that money, right? they obviously could not afford to pay more before. We had to borrow 1.5 trillion for this?

Really?

You that that is best?

Apple has millions more due to the tax cut bill.
Umm yeah.. Apple has already said the 20K new hires were planned prior to the passage of the 2017 Tax Reform Package, so no, the tax code isn't playing any significant role with the expansion of Apple's domestic work force (in this particular case).According to Apple the tax code changes are one of the primary drivers for the repatriation of $245 billion from overseas accounts, which makes sense since it would have been insane for 'em to do it prior to the new one time tax treatment of repatriated assets.All the specifics of what Apple plans to do with those repatriated assets remains to be seen but they've committed to at least $30 billion in additional domestic capital investment.
`
`

Outside of this one-time tax plan, what I am saying is that IF this actually does happen (which I doubt), it would have happened regardless of anything trump did.

Even if the company says it's because of the new tax plan???
They are thanking Trump for all the millions the fat fucker just gave them.

He didn't give them anything. He just made it so the government took less of THEIR MONEY which is something you leftists just can't comprehend.

To you leftists, all money made belongs to government, and whatever they don't take is a gift from them to us. Very sad really.

Cash for clunkers was a targeted program to help the auto industry.

It did help the auto industry; foreign auto industries.
Oh fuck you Ray.

It did help the auto industry; foreign auto industries.

Oh Ray, you aresuch an ass.

The DoT also reported that "Ford, G.M. and Chrysler supplied 47 percent of the new vehicles, slightly more than their overall share of the market, which is 45 percent".

Of the others, how many were built here in the US like Toyota?

You know Ray, you should really try to become better informed instead of constantly embarrassing yourself on this site.

If they buy back their stock, those stockholders that sold therm that stock no longer get dividends you stupid shit. That is less money being paid lout.

The stock of every other stock holder is worth more. They will have more cash when they sell.

The results always hilarious when snowflakes pretend they understand finance or economics.
So, you abandoned your stupid dividend argument & talk about the stock's increased value. If every one sold it, I'm thinking the stock won't be worth as much.

Most likely, they will hold that stock & lose it when the market collapses. Trump & the Republicans pump up the values by borrowing 1.5 trillion so companies & rich people can use their tax cuts to buy stock.

When it collapses? Then what?

When did I ever mention dividends? You're a fucking numskull. What kind of moron thinks everyone is going to sell a stock like APPL?

Everyone who has held their stock for the last 8 years has made a killing.

Have you ever owned a share of stock?

At this point, your theory about stock buy backs is pure fantasy, so what are you even discussing? Your attempt to make $250 billion pouring into the country a bad thing is laughable. This from a moron who thinks Cash-for-Clunkers was a good idea.
You said that people would sell their stock to gain that extra money.

It put money in the hands of people who used it to help buy a new car.
It made used cars more expensive and thereby hurt poor people.

Dims never think when they dream up their schemes to save the world.

Sad...

Personally, i think they should have lowered the Corporate Tax Rate more. But still, 35% to 21% was a good cut. It should have been done years ago. So good on Trump. :thup:

Well now, why not drive the tax rate down to zero and fast track us to tremendous prosperity? I'm joking but I'm sure some of you really believe this stuff.

Aw, don't be such a cranky butthurt. It isn't good for your health.

`
`

No, the repatriation of $245 billion of Apple's overseas assets would not have happened without the Republicrat Tax Reform Package since it would have been financially irresponsible for Apple to do so under the previous Corporate Tax Regime, which would explain why they are doing it now after years of stockpiling assets overseas to avoid punitive double taxation by the Federal Government. So yeah President Twitter does deserve some credit regarding this announcement since he has been vocal advocate of repatriation incentives all along and Apple's announcement is an indication that he was correct in that view.

No, the repatriation of $245 billion of Apple's overseas assets would not have happened without the Republicrat Tax Reform Package since it would have been financially irresponsible for Apple to do so under the previous Corporate Tax Regime, which would explain why they are doing it now after years of stockpiling assets overseas to avoid punitive double taxation by the Federal Government. So yeah President Twitter does deserve some credit regarding this announcement since he has been vocal advocate of repatriation incentives all along and Apple's announcement is an indication that he was correct in that view.
`
`

Our opinions differ greatly.

`
`

Our opinions differ greatly.

Uh-huh.. unfortunately your opinion differs from that of Apples management & it's board of directors, all the analysts that follow the company and the preponderance of the available empirical evidence while mine doesn't.

Of course I realize that for some people giving President Twitter Bird credit for anything positive regardless of the facts is nearly impossible so I understand why you hold the particular view that you do on this issue.

Anywho.. I look forward to future developments regarding this story, specifically the details of how Apple deploys those repatriated assets here in the good ole US of A.

Apple Market Capitalization 1/23/2018 : $908.98 BILLION. :eusa_dance:

"Technology is nothing. What's important is that you have a faith in people, that they're basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them. " -- Steve Jobs

Forum List

Back