shutter island, anyone seen it yet?

Mixed reviews. Scorsese tries way too hard to make great movies, instead of just trying to make movies that people will enjoy. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 67%, but Scorsese films are usually given undeserved ratings simply because they are Scorsese films. I've heard the score to the movie is AWFUL, too.

I'll probably see it when it comes to DVD, but it doesn't sound like it's worth seeing in theaters.

I saw it. It was quite good; you'll leave the theater having seen a completely different movie than what you expected. I highly recommend going to see this one.

Read the book won't bother to see it.

I can do a Ralph Malph and give it away if you like.

son says wolfman is good....i am thinking shutter island.....what say you?

I've heard mixed reviews about Shutter Island. Mostly that folks are psyched up to see a scary movie and then let down. I'll wait for this one to come out on blue ray.

Now, I did see The Wolfman last weekend.
I loved it!

It had a nice plot twist ... the acting was great ... the mood, the scenery, all great! It kept true to the original wolf-man which I had great appreciation for. I will add, it had sort of a Bram Stoker's Dracula flare to it, but not much. Still, I would recommend going to see it.

( AhhhhhhhWooooooooooooooooooooooooooo )
The sound of the wolfman, howling at the moon!

I haven't even seen Avatar much less Shutter Island.

Leo DeCaprio seems to be going downhill. He's not as cute as he used to be and now that I think about it he's not that great of an actor. I think he's trying to be like Brad Pitt but he can't sell it.

Zack Efron seems to be the new goldenboy in Hollywood these days.

I agree Mudwhistle.

I see DiCaprio as being type-cast in his role of Jack from Titanic. I feel that image has stayed with him. But hey ... that's just MY opinion. I'm sure others would disagree. Anyway, I've avoided just about all his movies since Titanic.

You guys are way off base about Leonardo DiCaprio. He's one of the best in the business right now. Given, I haven't seen Shutter Island, but that doesn't change the fact that his roles in movies like The Aviator, Catch Me If You Can, The Departed, and Gangs of New York were fantastic. In fact, his performance in Titanic was probably his worst, except when he played on Growing Pains. Early in his careers, What's Eating Gilbert Grape proved the type of actor he is. I think we have yet to see the best of him.

Zac Efron? He's not even the same type of actor, much less in the same league. Zac does romantic comedies and teen movies. Leonardo NEVER did such films. He considers himself a more serious actor. Perhaps too serious at times, but he's still fantastic.

Forum List

Back