shut it all down

You guys are the first to complain when government services break down.

The VERY first.

Thats the truth

Liberals at play.

:ssex:

Get a room. Oh, and I'm a libertarian, dipshit. I argue with Republicans on economic issues, against them on social issues and the wars. So you're going to help me when I whined because government wasn't there to solve my problems for me.

It is unusual for a President to piss off the entire nation at one point or more in his term of office. Obama is truly a record setter. Got to be pretty stupid or partisan to do that. Not sure which one Obama is or possibly both.

And so the 'blame game' is played.

While y'all point the finger at the other guy, invest in a mirror, cuz both sides are equally at fault.

Not at all. The President offered a comprimise, the GOP rejected it to protect the bloated incomes of the wealthy supporters.

Raising taxes in the middle of a deep recession, a moronic idea by a vacuous party. Right at home, aren't you?

The VERY first.

As much as I always like an argument pulled out of someone's ass, anything to back this up?

Yeah.

Sanitation workers selfishly slowed down the cleanup - NYPOST.com

The post blamed it on a "protest" when what really happened was manpower for the sanitation department was at historical lows. They got rid of all the guys that knew how to operate the plows in layoffs and never replaced retirees.

The very first paper to complain..was the Post. A conservative shit rag owned by Murdoch.

If the GOP insists on payng the present game, the President should send every Federal Employee, including military home twenty four hours after the vote. Give them what they want, minimum federal government.
Yeah, this makes about as much sense as the Republican refusals to allow us to pay our debts.

Actually getting out of both Afghanistan and Iraq now makes a lot sense. We certainly need the spending cuts and IMHO, a much smaller force working with the Afghans, would be just as effective as what we are doing now.

The VERY first.

As much as I always like an argument pulled out of someone's ass, anything to back this up?

Yeah.

The post blamed it on a "protest" when what really happened was manpower for the sanitation department was at historical lows. They got rid of all the guys that knew how to operate the plows in layoffs and never replaced retirees.

The very first paper to complain..was the Post. A conservative shit rag owned by Murdoch.

I guess if you randomly shoot in the air long enough you might eventually hit something. But it's not much of a plan, is it? It's a stretch to use against a conservative, but since I'm not one it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me at all.

If the GOP insists on payng the present game, the President should send every Federal Employee, including military home twenty four hours after the vote. Give them what they want, minimum federal government.
Yeah, this makes about as much sense as the Republican refusals to allow us to pay our debts.

Actually getting out of both Afghanistan and Iraq now makes a lot sense. We certainly need the spending cuts and IMHO, a much smaller force working with the Afghans, would be just as effective as what we are doing now.

I agree with you on getting out of Afghanistan and Iraq. I hope we don't stop there but get out of all the Middle East. But you don't know what you're talking about on the debt payments. This isn't like not having a budget, the debt is capped. Money coming in goes first to pay debt. The left and the media, my friend, are lying to you. Is that a mind fuck or what?

The whole "government shutdown" scare tactic is exactly that. There will be no shutdown...ever! We will always have a government. It may change drastically as happens in other countries now and then, but there won't be a shutdown.

Have you noticed that when the Republicans hesitate to endorse Obama's policies, they are generally accused of blocking progress and depicted as enemies of the state? Already it is said that Republicans will be to blame for not compromising and allowing the Obama agenda to proceed.

Big spending cuts are needed right now. Tax increases are NOT! In some areas, tax rates should be decreased. I hope the Republicans stand fast on the issue of tax rate increases. What the static-view-of-the-economy liberals cannot seem to fathom is that heavy taxation discourages economic growth and leads to DECREASES in tax revenues.

The goal of the big government liberals is to remain in control by buying unending loyalty and perpetual votes from recipients of the various government giveaway programs. That's why they think the programs must be continually expanded to cover more people with an ever increasing value of the gifts. How dare anyone to suggest that the government decrease spending on these corrupted programs? How dare anyone suggest that we can't afford to spend more than we take in (in taxes)? How dare anyone suggest that decreasing tax rates might actually increase tax revenues?

Yep, but I do not think he has the balls to do it.

Yeah.

I guess if you randomly shoot in the air long enough you might eventually hit something. But it's not much of a plan, is it? It's a stretch to use against a conservative, but since I'm not one it doesn't seem to have anything to do with me at all.

:lol:

I guess, backhanded as this is, it means "Sallow..you are right".

Gee..

:eusa_eh:

OMG, it would be scary. My life would be a disaster without government to....

I'm drawing a blank, can you help me here?

Shut it down and watch unemployment hit 30% plus. You would be effected and you'd be shitting bricks.

So laying off Federal Government workers will drive unemployment from 10% to 30%? And you don't think government is bloated? You just proved it is.

As for shitting bricks, how is my no longer paying for 20% of the workforce (your stat) to not produce any economic benefit going to harm me exactly? You're going to have to be more specific on that one.

Are you really that naive? You obviously don't understand economics at all.

Big spending cuts are needed right now. Tax increases are NOT! In some areas, tax rates should be decreased. I hope the Republicans stand fast on the issue of tax rate increases. What the static-view-of-the-economy liberals cannot seem to fathom is that heavy taxation discourages economic growth and leads to DECREASES in tax revenues.

Those Bush tax cuts are really stimulating the economy right now.

The goal of the big government liberals is to remain in control by buying unending loyalty and perpetual votes from recipients of the various government giveaway programs. That's why they think the programs must be continually expanded to cover more people with an ever increasing value of the gifts. How dare anyone to suggest that the government decrease spending on these corrupted programs? How dare anyone suggest that we can't afford to spend more than we take in (in taxes)? How dare anyone suggest that decreasing tax rates might actually increase tax revenues?

lol...this is great stuff. Laffer addicts always think that we are on the right side of the pinnacle, but you don't have any empirical proof.

Additionally, Dems are expanding the government, but so didn't Reagan, H.W. Bush, and Dipstick Jr. In fact, they had a chance to decrease spending on those "corrupt" programs, but they didn't. In fact, they expanded medicare by a trillion dollars when they were in power with a handout to big Pharma.

I hate to pop your bubble, but your beloved GOP has a history of pulling this shit. They always rekindle their fiscal conservatism and limited government when they are out of power, only to do the opposite when they are in power.

The whole "government shutdown" scare tactic is exactly that. There will be no shutdown...ever! We will always have a government. It may change drastically as happens in other countries now and then, but there won't be a shutdown.

Have you noticed that when the Republicans hesitate to endorse Obama's policies, they are generally accused of blocking progress and depicted as enemies of the state? Already it is said that Republicans will be to blame for not compromising and allowing the Obama agenda to proceed.

We don't have heavy taxation; we have the lowest taxes in 60 years, while at the same time having the highest unemployment. We tried the low tax rates idea; it's been a massive fail that has only succeeded in putting massive amounts of wealth into the hands of the super rich.

I guess when you USE the tax dollars collected poorly for years, as the Democratic dominated Congress did, you get results like this.

Belgium is doing ok. Shut it down.

Belgians celebrate 249 days without government

Article
Comments (1)
Photos (1)

Students show a red placard during a pro-unity demonstration in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium, Thursday. The country's citizens are marking 249 days without a government Thursday, a figure that they are treating as a world record. Day to day the crisis pits the leaders of 6 million Dutch-speaking Flemings against those of 4.5 million French speakers, but people from across the country are putting aside their differences to celebrate the occasion.

Students show a red placard during a pro-unity demonstration in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium, Thursday. The country's citizens are marking 249 days without a government Thursday, a figure that they are treating as a world record. Day to day the crisis pits the leaders of 6 million Dutch-speaking Flemings against those of 4.5 million French speakers, but people from across the country are putting aside their differences to celebrate the occasion.

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110217/news/110219530/

Forum List

Back