Shucks:

When Christ comes for His church, not one brick will move. It's us Campbell. We are His church.

On witches:
Deuteronomy 18:10-11 “No one shall be found among you who practices divination, or is a soothsayer or an augur, or a sorcerer, or one who cast spells or who consults ghosts and spirits, or who seeks oracles from the dead.
We have no idea of the power of evil spirits, but it sure trumps our power, so God advised us to leave that shit alone.
Christians torturing anybody is UNChristian. Torture was not in our brother's vocabulary. Love was His battle cry.

On women:
He said to treat us like we were Christ. Considering how we treat Christ these days, I wouldn't recommend that. But,
He raised the dead for Martha and Mary.
He made sure while hanging on the cross that His mother would be cared for.
His female disciples preached and taught as equals.
He revealed Himself to Mary before the male disciples.
He cured women.
Cured their children for their sake.
Had nothing to do with them not voting.

on slavery:
Isaiah, the prophet dismissed religious observance as irrelevant without liberation of the enslaved:
Is not this the fast that I choose to loose the bonds of injustice, to undo the thongs of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?

The very first sermon Christ gave, He unrolled a scroll of Isaiah, read it and said:
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captive and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor."
Then He rolled the scroll back up and sat down.

on strange flesh:
Don't do it. Just like adultery. Don't do it.
Just because someone may like to do it, is no reason for Christ to start leaning to the center. He doesn't change His mind by being pressured by the masses. He stays the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. You can count on it.
And when did such a strong personality as yourself cave to your kids when they said, "But Dad, all the kids are doing it?"

Christ was born in the fall of the year. Constantine was a person that wanted to replace paganism with Christ. That's all.

The good He served was this:
Sin enters the blood stream the way an infection enters the blood stream. Sepsis kills the body, sin kills the eternal soul. An infection responds to anti-biotics. Sin requires a total blood transfusion. Type J.
That was His purpose for climbing up on that cross. He was donating blood.

A lesser reason, was to show mankind how to treat mankind. He set the example through His whole life. It's we that fall short Cammpbell, not Him.
Another was to prove that we can resist temptation by following the instruction manual.
And to turn water into fine wine.;)

Nothing can be clearer than this:

For centuries the church insisted that the Bible was absolutely true; that it contained no mistakes; that the story of creation was true; that its astronomy and geology were in accord with the facts; that the scientists who differed with the Old Testament were infidels and atheists.

Now this has changed. The educated Christians admit that the writers of the Bible were not inspired as to any science. They now say that God, or Jehovah, did not inspire the writers of his book for the purpose of instructing the world about astronomy, geology, or any science. They now admit that the inspired men who wrote the Old Testament knew nothing about any science, and that they wrote about the earth and stars, the sun and moon, in accordance with the general ignorance of the time.

It required many centuries to force the theologians to this admission. Reluctantly, full of malice and hatred, the priests retired from the field, leaving the victory with science.

Then they took another position;

They declared that the authors, or rather the writers, of the Bible were inspired in spiritual and moral things; that Jehovah wanted to make known to his children his will and his infinite love for his children; that Jehovah, seeing his people wicked, ignorant and depraved, wished to make them merciful and just, wise and spiritual, and that the Bible is inspired in its laws, in the religion it teaches and in its ideas of government.

This is the issue now. Is the Bible any nearer right in its ideas of justice, of mercy, of morality or of religion than in its conception of the sciences? Is it moral?

It upholds slavery -- it sanctions polygamy.

Is it merciful?

In war it raised the black flag; it commanded the destruction, the massacre, of all -- of the old, infirm. and helpless -- of wives and babes.

Were its laws inspired?

Hundreds of offenses were punished with death. To pick up sticks on Sunday, to murder your father on Monday, were equal crimes. There is in the literature of the world no bloodier code. The law of revenge -- of retaliation -- was the law of Jehovah. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a limb for a limb.

Is it just and reasonable?

The Bible is opposed to religious toleration -- to religious liberty. Whoever differed with the majority was stoned to death. Investigation was a crime. Husbands were ordered to denounce and to assist in killing their unbelieving wives.
The bible is the enemy of Art. "Thou shalt make no graven image." This was the death of Art. Palestine never produced a painter or a sculptor.

Is the Bible civilized?

It upholds lying, larceny, robbery, murder, the selling of diseased meat to strangers, and even the sacrifice of human beings to Jehovah.

Is it philosophical?

It teaches that the sins of a people can be transferred to an animal -- to a goat. It makes maternity an offence for which a sin offering had to be made.

It was wicked to give birth to a boy, and twice as wicked to give birth to a girl.

To make hair-oil like that used by the priests was an offence punishable with death.

The blood of a bird killed over running water was regarded as medicine.

Would a civilized God daub his altars with the blood of oxen, lambs and doves? Would he make all his priests butchers? Would he delight in the smell of burning flesh?

Anyone who fails to see the ignorant primitive source of all religious writings has their head up their ass.....or as smart people refer to it...they are brainwashed:

Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

There are forty-two death-penalty sins in the Old Testament:

Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.
Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.
Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.
Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.
Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.
Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.
Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.
Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.
Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.
Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.
Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.
Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.
Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.
Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.
Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.
Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.
Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.
Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.
Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.
Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.
Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.
Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.
Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.
Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.
Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.
Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.
Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.
Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.
Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.
Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.
Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.
Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.
Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.
Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.
Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.
False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.
Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.
Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.
Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.
Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.
Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.
False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.

Last edited:
I don't know who those "educated Christians" are, but I know what they are. Wrong.
God said that we should know He is God the creator by reading nothing but Genesis.
Seculars had to wait for Einstein and Hawking, and they still have not reached the scientific level
of Nachmanides, who took God at His word. Through genesis, he gave us more accurate science than our esteemed scientists of today.
Your educated humans have and will continue to let you down. Your Father never will.

So will you respond to Isaiah's prophesy about your jackass issues, or will we keep pretending that God predicting the future doesn't count?

I don't know who those "educated Christians" are, but I know what they are. Wrong.
God said that we should know He is God the creator by reading nothing but Genesis.
Seculars had to wait for Einstein and Hawking, and they still have not reached the scientific level
of Nachmanides, who took God at His word. Through genesis, he gave us more accurate science than our esteemed scientists of today.
Your educated humans have and will continue to let you down. Your Father never will.

So will you respond to Isaiah's prophesy about your jackass issues, or will we keep pretending that God predicting the future doesn't count?

I've never met any such Christian either. I think old Cammmpbell is simply creating a strawman.

New Topics

Forum List

Back