Shrek 2

brneyedgrl80

May 25, 2004
Phoenix-it's-dry-heat-Arizona
Okay, obviously this is not some profound or intellectually stimulating movie, but I think everyone needs a break from thought provoking movies and just see a movie to have fun.

Obviously this movie was not as good as the origianal (but what is? <room for debate obviously ;) >) but this movie was very funny and still made me feel good when I left.

Did anyone else see this movie?

was too busy this weekend but will see it this week/next weekend. loved the first both for the visual work as well as the story/humor. my inlaws actually thought this was better than the first. 2 biggest opening weekend (5 day) take after spiderman and I have yet to hear anything bad aboot it :). welcome to the boards!

My daughter has been begging to see this. My response was that when she catches up on her chores and homework we can think about it!

I love that! I remember being told by my mom that she would "think about it..."

I love the first movie, and by love I mean I have many lines memorized and my husband now hates the movie because of how often I like to watch it. I find myself viewing it alone quite often. :D

The second Shrek is definitely worth watching in the theater!

I believe I'm the only one who didn't really like the first Shrek all that much. It definitely had some funny moments, but Donkey irritated me and I'm starting to really not like Mike Meyers anymore.

But, I've heard from people who felt the same way that the second one was a lot better. I'll probably wait for video on it.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I love that! I remember being told by my mom that she would "think about it..."

I love the first movie, and by love I mean I have many lines memorized and my husband now hates the movie because of how often I like to watch it. I find myself viewing it alone quite often. :D

The second Shrek is definitely worth watching in the theater!

That's what I do with movies I like! I think we'll see it this weekend.

Shrek 2 did over $100 million this weekend, huh?
I heard that.
I still have to see the first one, heard it's phenomenal.

My kids are dying to see this. But what I want to know is it a cartoon appropriate for children? Are there crude jokes, bad language? I'm so afraid to take them to movies anymore because of that stuff.

Originally posted by Mummig
My kids are dying to see this. But what I want to know is it a cartoon appropriate for children? Are there crude jokes, bad language? I'm so afraid to take them to movies anymore because of that stuff.

Why would any parent take a kid to see a movie with a villain named "Farquad"?

The jokes about the name are all through the first one. There is even a quick glimpse of the donkey doin the wild thing on the body of the dragon when the dragon doesn't even know it.

Parents should view the material first.

the first one was good - for adults. in my opinion, there was too much adult humor in the movie for small ones.

I thought the first one was excellent, obviously (above posts), but it does have some adult themed jokes here and there, though I'm not sure young children would understand them, that's why Shrek was supposed to be good for children and adults, but I definitely would review it first before showing it to kids. It ain't no Disney cartoon.

There is even a quick glimpse of the donkey doin the wild thing on the body of the dragon when the dragon doesn't even know it.

I totally missed that part. Where was that?

I figured it was for adults-they didn't get to see the first one. What is upsetting is all the advertising on the kids channels on tv and it's not for kids.:mad:

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I thought the first one was excellent, obviously (above posts), but it does have some adult themed jokes here and there, though I'm not sure young children would understand them, that's why Shrek was supposed to be good for children and adults, but I definitely would review it first before showing it to kids. It ain't no Disney cartoon.

I totally missed that part. Where was that?

I would have to rent it again. I don't remember. I rented it one time and saw 3 or 4 things of that caliber. Each time I saw it I pointed it out to my wife. Her jaw hit the floor. She never saw it until I pointed it out. I cant remember where it was, now.

That was over 2 years ago.

I personally didn't like Shrek, nor am I going to see shrek 2. I'm sorry, I didnt find humor in it at all. I've seen the story before, a million times when I was younger. Now if I want to relax and watch something fun, Monty Python or the Simpsons or Family Guy will do the trick.

Forum List

Back