Showdown in Foxboro: Patriots vs Jets

I was quite surprised by the results of the 5th Quarter poll question last night.

They asked:

What impressed you more?
A. Patriots Offense
B. Patriots Defense

Defense won 75% to 25%. I guessed ahead of time that it would be the exact opposite. And as impressive as the defense played, I was still more impressed with how the offense completely shredded arguably one of the 2 or 3 best defenses in the NFL. When the offense scores 6 touchdowns and a field goal on 9 possessions against an elite defense, that's pretty damned impressive. And let's face it, the Jet's offense is only slightly better than mediocre and once the Pats got up early they became one dimensional, which made it a bit easier to shut them down.

Rex Ryan and the Jet's players were all saying the "right" things after the game, but you gotta wonder if this loss is going to linger and fuck with their confidence going forward. I mean, they knew how important this game was and they got their asses frigg'n whipped from the word go.

Not to mention that in past years we've seen examples where the Patriots have exploited an elite unit (either shredding a great defense or shutting down a powerful offense) and established a blue-print for other teams to copy. They still have games at Pittsburg and at Chicago. And you know those teams are going to dissect the offensive game plan the Patriots unleashed last night and try to do the same. Of course those teams don't have Tom Brady, but still, they don't have to win by 42 points. One point will do. :D

btw: Was anyone else yelling at the shitty commentators when they completely dropped the fucking ball discussing Tate's touchdown and whether he was in bounds?

They were talking about the hand not counting, but if his wrist or forearm hit, yadda yadda yadda, which was all completely fucking irrelevent since his knee was down in bounds and that counts as two feet. It pisses me off when these guys that are supposed to know the game miss such an obvious opportunity to educate the viewers. I mean shit, even Rex Ryan knew it was a touchdown. :lol:

I got a little education from the officials on a 'leverage' penalty during the Colts / Cowboys game.

Mike Pereira: NFL's Week 13 biggest referee rulings - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I found this a little interesting. Thought I'd share.

Same. I actually had no idea that was a rule, but it's easy to see why it is. And if I remember right that was the penalty that allowed the Cowboys another set of downs to get the TD, and set the the Colts up for the loss.

btw--nice avatar, horty. :D

I got a little education from the officials on a 'leverage' penalty during the Colts / Cowboys game.

Mike Pereira: NFL's Week 13 biggest referee rulings - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I found this a little interesting. Thought I'd share.

Same. I actually had no idea that was a rule, but it's easy to see why it is. And if I remember right that was the penalty that allowed the Cowboys another set of downs to get the TD, and set the the Colts up for the loss.

btw--nice avatar, horty. :D
:fu:
:lol:

Forum List

Back