Show your Desktop

With me it is more of a problem with the company than the O.S.
I mean damn...they had a know-it-all moron for CEO for 14 years???
The guy who was not just wrong on everything important - but totally wrong, Complete opposite of reality. Apple succeeded and grew larger than Microsoft, not just because Jobs had terrific insight, but equally because Microsofts alternatives were so freaking bad.
I think it's a story that's been retold many times. IBM was top dog, Kodak, etc. They got the big dog syndrome and got fat, dumb and happy.
Its Samsung that should provide proper drivers for its phones.

I don´t install from discs. It´s too circumstantial and lengthy. My programs are stored on a HDD partition from where I can install them quickly.
I needed the space for other things back then. I haven't updated that computer except to add Linux and another HD. The programs were installed by then but the big one take a few minutes to load, it's impossible it would take that to install.

I've spent about 4 hours today trying to connect XP to the net for the Garmin. Can't do it. Debian connects instantly and automatically. I also know very knowledgeable IT guys and they say Windows is shitware, always has been so it isn't my imagination.
There should be no problem to connect XP to the Internet. I tried to connect XP x64 to the internet with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it isn´t working. No proper driver. I have an older phone that works so I can create a hotspot on the Galaxy S3, connect the old phone with it and connect it with the PC. That isn´t cool. The S3 works without additional driver with Windows 8.
Sounds like A Microsoft rep. "You are inferior and no one else on earth has this problem and ignore all the naysayers."

Jesus Christ dude. It's a piece of shit and I spent too much of my life dicking with Microsoft products. It isn't worth it.

The guy who was not just wrong on everything important - but totally wrong, Complete opposite of reality. Apple succeeded and grew larger than Microsoft, not just because Jobs had terrific insight, but equally because Microsofts alternatives were so freaking bad.
It´s not that. But even Microsoft cannot compete with a company with religious fanboys. Apple can restrict its products how it likes to and the fanboys keep praying.
Apple says: "If you want to copy music onto your music player, you can´t do it without our software that includes a store (sinister laughter)."
And the fanboys reply:" Apple, Apple, Apple!"

C'mon Blie...Apple has sold over 100,000,000 iPods...I was not aware there was that many Apple fanboys. :eusa_eh:
Or could it be that when compared to other devices like Zune, it was simply superior.
It is a bit silly to attribute Apples worldwide success to a handful of fanboys.

Excuse me but isn't this thread about showing our desktops?

Before unwatching it, perhaps someone could answer my question about how to capture and share mine?

Before unwatching it, perhaps someone could answer my question about how to capture and share mine?

If you have WIndows......
Look at the top of your keyboard...you will find a button that has "PrntScr" or something like that. If the button looks like this...
print_screen_1.jpg

Then you have to hit and hold the shift key, before pushing it.

Then open "Paint"...and either click Edit->Paste or simply hit ctrl-v.
Save the image.
Go to a photo share site, I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing Video Hosting
Upload the file...then right click on the image, choose "copy image location" or "save image location" whichever...then come here and hit the little phot icon and paste what you copied and whalaaa...there you go.

Look at the top of your keyboard...you will find a button that has "PrntScr" or something like that. If the button looks like this...
print_screen_1.jpg

Save the image.
Go to a photo share site, I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing Video Hosting
Upload the file...then right click on the image, choose "copy image location" or "save image location" whichever...then come here and hit the little phot icon and paste what you copied and whalaaa...there you go.

Guess I'm dumb. Have Win8.1. I click on the PrtScr button and absolutely nothing happens!

Guess I'm dumb. Have Win8.1. I click on the PrtScr button and absolutely nothing happens!
I don't have 8.1 but it may be saved to the clipboard, which is just in memory. You have to open an image editor, like Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, etc. then paste the image (usually under edit), or control v.

print_screen_1.jpg

Save the image.

Correct, nothing will happen. In Linux and Mac the screen flashes white for just an instant so at least you know something happened. For whatever reason with Windows there is no indication anything happened.
1) Open Microsoft Paint
2) Minimize it so all you see is the desktop
3) Click PrtScr
4) Go back to Paint and either go under the Edit menu and click paste, or just hit and hold Ctrl and click "v" - whalaaa.
5) Now save the file to your desktop
6) got to TinyPic, upload the image....look at my previous post and follow what to do

I needed the space for other things back then. I haven't updated that computer except to add Linux and another HD. The programs were installed by then but the big one take a few minutes to load, it's impossible it would take that to install.

I've spent about 4 hours today trying to connect XP to the net for the Garmin. Can't do it. Debian connects instantly and automatically. I also know very knowledgeable IT guys and they say Windows is shitware, always has been so it isn't my imagination.
There should be no problem to connect XP to the Internet. I tried to connect XP x64 to the internet with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it isn´t working. No proper driver. I have an older phone that works so I can create a hotspot on the Galaxy S3, connect the old phone with it and connect it with the PC. That isn´t cool. The S3 works without additional driver with Windows 8.
Sounds like A Microsoft rep. "You are inferior and no one else on earth has this problem and ignore all the naysayers."

Jesus Christ dude. It's a piece of shit and I spent too much of my life dicking with Microsoft products. It isn't worth it.

It´s not that. But even Microsoft cannot compete with a company with religious fanboys. Apple can restrict its products how it likes to and the fanboys keep praying.
Apple says: "If you want to copy music onto your music player, you can´t do it without our software that includes a store (sinister laughter)."
And the fanboys reply:" Apple, Apple, Apple!"

C'mon Blie...Apple has sold over 100,000,000 iPods...I was not aware there was that many Apple fanboys. :eusa_eh:
Or could it be that when compared to other devices like Zune, it was simply superior.
It is a bit silly to attribute Apples worldwide success to a handful of fanboys.
Its because of the apple. Other products with such restrictions would never be sold.

print_screen_1.jpg

Save the image.

Correct, nothing will happen. In Linux and Mac the screen flashes white for just an instant so at least you know something happened. For whatever reason with Windows there is no indication anything happened.
1) Open Microsoft Paint
2) Minimize it so all you see is the desktop
3) Click PrtScr
4) Go back to Paint and either go under the Edit menu and click paste, or just hit and hold Ctrl and click "v" - whalaaa.
5) Now save the file to your desktop
6) got to TinyPic, upload the image....look at my previous post and follow what to do
In addition, I recommend the Postimage tool that lets you upload quickly via the context menu/send to option.

Desktop.jpg

Got it!

A bit different in Win8. It's simply a Windows Accessory called Paint. Once I saved it to my pictures folder, simply uploaded it to my Photobucket account and used that url. And, if you think this looks cluttered, you should've seen my Vista desktop.

Thanks all for the help.

Desktop.jpg

Got it!

A bit different in Win8. It's simply a Windows Accessory called Paint. Once I saved it to my pictures folder, simply uploaded it to my Photobucket account and used that url. And, if you think this looks cluttered, you should've seen my Vista desktop.

Thanks all for the help.
:clap2:

Mine's an easy on the eyes plain-green field with the 'My Computer' and 'Recycle Bin' icons - the two I can't delete. :) Fancy image desktop eats resources to display. My rig's lean and mean and optimized for max perofrmance. A vital necessity being almost 16 years old with 18 year old tech. :)

Mine's an easy on the eyes plain-green field with the 'My Computer' and 'Recycle Bin' icons - the two I can't delete. :) Fancy image desktop eats resources to display. My rig's lean and mean and optimized for max perofrmance. A vital necessity being almost 16 years old with 18 year old tech. :)
You mean the Win98 default background.

Forum List

Back