===show picture i.d. To vote===

BREDNAMERICA

Aug 29, 2011
APACHE JUNCTION, ARIZONA
14 states have a law somewhat like that, now the republicians want to have it that way in all 50 states, and the democracts say it would not be fair to the poor voters cause it might be hard to get one cause they won't be able to pay for one , etc,etc, . Some states will allow a water bill or any utility bill to use for i.d. I saw this on o'reily yesterday. I feel a picture i.d. Issued by the u.s should be the only way. I need 1 to chash my check, or to picture beer , smokes . Why should voting be any differant. How about you all

I agree. It doesn't take a lot of effort or expense to obtain a State issued photo ID card. It would do much to end voter fraud.

14 states have a law somewhat like that, now the republicians want to have it that way in all 50 states, and the democracts say it would not be fair to the poor voters cause it might be hard to get one cause they won't be able to pay for one , etc,etc, . Some states will allow a water bill or any utility bill to use for i.d. I saw this on o'reily yesterday. I feel a picture i.d. Issued by the u.s should be the only way. I need 1 to chash my check, or to picture beer , smokes . Why should voting be any differant. How about you all

RE: Paying for an ID.

I believe that states that require a state issued ID to vote will provide one for free if it is not used for other purposes. For example you have a Drivers License which qualifies as an ID, you pay for the use as a Drivers License not as a voter ID. If you don't drive and want one specifically for voting, then you can get one for free if you request it. If you want it for something else then pay the fee.

I'm fine with that, the idea that someone does not have to prove they are a citizen to vote in elections that impact the laws and governance of this country seems quite silly to me.

>>>>

If a water or utility bill had a photo on it it might work but apartment renters peobably don't have utility bills in their names and if they did it would only be a single unverified name. I guess the mysterious segment of society the left is trying to protect from having an I.D. never flew in a plane or cashed a check or even bought a sixpack of beer. Maybe some university should commission an anthropological study on these strange isolated people.

No thanks

I saw this on o'reily yesterday.

Well, then it must be true.

I need 1 to chash my check, or to picture beer , smokes . Why should voting be any differant.

Because it is – voting is a fundamental right; cashing a check, drinking beer, and smoking are not. (although some believe they should be…)

The issue has nothing to do with voters’ ID’s, the issue is will such states’ election officials remember to allow those with no ID to cast a provisional ballot.

i saw this on o'reily yesterday.

well, then it must be true.

i need 1 to chash my check, or to picture beer , smokes . Why should voting be any differant.

because it is – voting is a fundamental right; cashing a check, drinking beer, and smoking are not. (although some believe they should be…)

the issue has nothing to do with voters’ id’s, the issue is will such states’ election officials remember to allow those with no id to cast a provisional ballot.

i made a poor example i do admit, but back where i meant was should we allow anyone to provide any kind of i.d. To show proof who they are and where they live so they can vote

Last edited:

No thanks

Then no thanks to a national voter ID requirement.

Take that poll tax and shove it.

No thanks

then how do we stop people who don't live here, or do in the u.s. illegally from voting

then how do we stop people who don't live here, or do in the u.s. illegally from voting

How did they do it back in the pre-ID days?

Personally, I think an ID requirement is fine and would be effective. Make it issued and free of charge and I have no complaints.

i never said anything about a fee and i agree for no fee and the gov should provide a picture i.d. for free just for this reason like our s.s. card has no pic but it is free

How did they do it back in the pre-ID days?

Personally, I think an ID requirement is fine and would be effective. Make it issued and free of charge and I have no complaints.

i never said anything about a fee and i agree for no fee and the gov should provide a picture i.d. for free just for this reason like our s.s. card has no pic but it is free

Sounds to me like we are 100% in agreement on this issue then :cool:

Forum List

Back