“show me your papers law”

And as soon as the officer can articulate what that violation is or may be, he can ask you to identify yourself all day long. That is not the problem.

The problem is trying to get to the point where failure to have ID justifies detention. Much like the person RIDING in the car, who is often asked for ID during a traffic stop. If he isn't DRIVING and the reason for the stop is a traffic violation, the passengers haven't done anything wrong, there is no violation on them. No legal grounds to identify.

This all gets back to whether or not we are ready to have cops pulling you out of the ice cream line and asking you for ID in front of your kids and your family. If you've never been in that situation, maybe you can't or don't understand what it's like to be a perfectly honest, legal Citizen with some asshole with a gun and a badge bearing down on you because he gets his jollies off being the boss of the weak, the young and the ignorant. I have been there too many times back in the day when I had enough hair to wear it long. And THAT was enough to make about half the cops I encountered decided to FUCK with me because they thought it was FUN or right or completely justified to think that someone who doesn't share their sense of a good hair cut might also be a criminal. I am not a criminal, never have been and I WILL NOT lie down and be treated as a potential criminal for a fashion decision, my skin tone or the accent I speak with.

And I understand where you are coming from. However, we also have to look at the reality that a relaxed border control policy has birthed an American society which currently houses millions of illegal immigrants. The question is now that we are in the mess what are we willing to tolerate in order to correct our mistakes, enforce a new more stringent border control policy and also have an environment conducive to minimally invasive privacy policies. While checking id's of all potential illegals is begging for lawsuits to be brought at the county, state and federal level, I don't believe we should tie the hands of law enforcement so swiftly.

I remember when Republicans were all advocating that before getting medical care you had to prove you were a citizen. Image if they were succful in passing that if you were bleading out they couldn t save your life because you might not be an American
There is a big difference between medical care and emergency medical treatment. The cost of providing even the most basic medical care to an endless stream of illegal aliens has already caused the bankruptcy and closing of several American hospitals in the border states.

So although I generally oppose Republican positions I am solidly behind them in this regard. It is hard-nosed common sense. We simply cannot afford to continue the practice of providing medical care to illegal aliens. But that does not mean we should not treat another human who is severely injured.

Only dumbass republicans and yourself think letting someone die on the table because we dont know if they are American citznes is a common sense policy
Linkie

The last thing this country needs is to cut off its supply of weak, tired, huddled masses. After all they built this great nation. News flash also, your descendants where once todays mexicans. Rejected and spat upon by those who came here before them.

You deserve a candy cane for being a total ignoramus. My great grandparents BOTH managed to immigrate legally. They managed to encourage their offspring to appreciate and acclimate American culture. NEWSFLASH? What is that supposed to mean? ThinkCriticaly, apparently your ancestors did the same. Illegal aliens are a total antithetic to folks like...US. You are out of touch with reality here, kiddo. Immigrants respect and acclimate, Illegal aliens are doing neither. You are a little out of touch with reality. friend.

You deserve a response. Shut the hell up idiot. That is all.

You deserve a response too, deary. But I get..Shut up idiot? Well spoken! Brovo! Don't disprove anything I wrote, though.

You deserve a candy cane for being a total ignoramus. My great grandparents BOTH managed to immigrate legally. They managed to encourage their offspring to appreciate and acclimate American culture. NEWSFLASH? What is that supposed to mean? ThinkCriticaly, apparently your ancestors did the same. Illegal aliens are a total antithetic to folks like...US. You are out of touch with reality here, kiddo. Immigrants respect and acclimate, Illegal aliens are doing neither. You are a little out of touch with reality. friend.

You deserve a response. Shut the hell up idiot. That is all.

You deserve a response too, deary. But I get..Shut up idiot? Well spoken! Brovo! Don't disprove anything I wrote, though.

HAHA my bad I meant to double quote and call TC an idiot and then respond to you. I had to step out momentarily, my bad lol

I have been hurt by illegal aliens, physically, mental and any which way you name it, "Mr. President", don't condescend to me YOU have a clue were I am coming from here, Deary.

And as soon as the officer can articulate what that violation is or may be, he can ask you to identify yourself all day long. That is not the problem.

The problem is trying to get to the point where failure to have ID justifies detention. Much like the person RIDING in the car, who is often asked for ID during a traffic stop. If he isn't DRIVING and the reason for the stop is a traffic violation, the passengers haven't done anything wrong, there is no violation on them. No legal grounds to identify.

This all gets back to whether or not we are ready to have cops pulling you out of the ice cream line and asking you for ID in front of your kids and your family. If you've never been in that situation, maybe you can't or don't understand what it's like to be a perfectly honest, legal Citizen with some asshole with a gun and a badge bearing down on you because he gets his jollies off being the boss of the weak, the young and the ignorant. I have been there too many times back in the day when I had enough hair to wear it long. And THAT was enough to make about half the cops I encountered decided to FUCK with me because they thought it was FUN or right or completely justified to think that someone who doesn't share their sense of a good hair cut might also be a criminal. I am not a criminal, never have been and I WILL NOT lie down and be treated as a potential criminal for a fashion decision, my skin tone or the accent I speak with.

And I understand where you are coming from. However, we also have to look at the reality that a relaxed border control policy has birthed an American society which currently houses millions of illegal immigrants. The question is now that we are in the mess what are we willing to tolerate in order to correct our mistakes, enforce a new more stringent border control policy and also have an environment conducive to minimally invasive privacy policies. While checking id's of all potential illegals is begging for lawsuits to be brought at the county, state and federal level, I don't believe we should tie the hands of law enforcement so swiftly.

I genuinely think you are misrepresenting the issue here though. I don't think we have a "relaxed" border policy. We have been steadily adding agents, outpost, fences and walls, ATVs, horses and even drones for years now. There were 2,500 agents on the Mexican border 15 years ago. There are 17,000 now. We have had two straight years of record deportations, around 350,000 a year.

Now.... to call this record level of enforcement, men, machines and money a "relaxed" border policy is not an honest evaluation of the issue. There is no reasonable way to call the tightest and most elevated border security ever "relaxed". When was it ever better? The answer is never. It has never been tighter or more effective.

Now... this is not to say that there is not an issue with illegals. There is. BUT.... blaming it on a "relaxed" border is a HUGE misconception. The border is obviously not relaxed. That is a very easy and convenient thing to blame it on but the most casual inspection tells us that it is a faulty premise. So, reasonable people have to ask what else can be going on here. And there are other answers and other solutions. But the first step for you and anyone else who is honestly concerned with the illegal issue, and I believe you are, is to step back from the stuff you've heard for so long and just take a real and thoughtful look at the border and consider what we are doing, the level of security and the reality of how much more money and man power we can spend and what the results might be. The conclusion most people will come to is that border security is NOT the problem.... much less can it be described as "relaxed".

Once you can toss aside any political sides chosen and take an honest look at that, then we have a starting point for an honest conversation about how to make effective and efficient decisions regarding our illegal immigrant problems.

No kind of offense of political jabs intended here, just a candid and honest opinion of how we are approaching this.

Last edited:
huh? What was condescending about what I said? You are one confusing individual.

God lord, kid. I agree, somebody is royally confused here. I know illegal aliens are wrong. And, don’t you? You called me an idiot a few posts ago. That wasn’t very nice. I forgive you , you seem nice enough.

Last edited:
huh? What was condescending about what I said? You are one confusing individual.

God lord, kid. I agree, somebody is royally confused here. I know illegal aliens are wrong. And, don’t you? You called me an idiot a few posts ago. That wasn’t very nice. I forgive you , you seem nice enough.

Illegal aliens are wrong? It sounds like you're as good at English as illegal alines

Illegal aliens are wrong? It sounds like you're as good at English as illegal alines

Is that one of Virgin Atlantic's competitors?

Forum List

Back