Show Me The Money

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
Plenty of New Revenue Can Be Achieved Through Tax Reform
During deficit reduction negotiations in 2011, Speaker Boehner (R-OH) proposed finding hundreds of billions of dollars in revenues through closing loopholes, ending giveaways and limiting the deductions found in the tax code. Boehner and numerous other Republicans floated this same idea during the most recent set of deficit reduction and tax negotiations.
Boehner also indicated that he would consider a deal that was 1:1, spending cuts: revenues “balanced.”
We agree on both points.
We succeeded in raising tax rates on the wealthy in the most recent stage of deficit reduction, which was a very significant step in the right direction. But we still need more revenue in order to make the total deficit reduction package more balanced so we reduce the deficit, protect vital programs, and still leave room for important investments. Here’s where we can find that needed revenue — $1 TRILLION worth:
$523 BILLION: Limit extra deductions enjoyed by top-bracket taxpayers
$168 BILLION: Close international tax loopholes and incentives to move jobs overseas
$140 BILLION: Eliminate write-offs for corporate meals and entertainment
$70 BILLION: End special tax breaks for inventory
$25 BILLION: End special oil, coal, and gas tax breaks
$21 BILLION: Close the “carried interest” loophole for hedge fund and private equity managers
$11 BILLION: Eliminate the John Edwards-Newt Gingrich “S Corporation” loophole
$10 BILLION: Deny mortgage deduction for vacation homes and yachts
$3 BILLION: Eliminate corporate jet loophole
$3 BILLION: Close tax loophole for derivatives traders
$126 MILLION: Eliminate special write-offs for horse breeders (the Bluegrass Boondoggle)

Show Me The Money | ThinkProgress

TOTAL: $1 TRILLION over ten years

dear, one $trillion over in 10 years its too trivial to mention when the libturds have us 16 trillion in debt right now and moving toward 50 trillion!!!!! Any serious ideas at all??

2 Unpaid wars that Bush started, Medicare Part D and giving tax breaks to the richest during war time. yeah that debt does rise when we have poor leadership in place. But I do love a simple ass response to serious subject, instead of just trying to cut looking downward as the Republicans will have you look, there is plenty to cut up top and $1 Trillion over 10 years isn't trivial to say the least.

Get a brain and then get back to me

But I do love a simple ass response to serious subject,

too stupid but perfectly liberal !! You started a thread about how we could save $1 trillion over 10 years.

I explained to you how trivial that was in light of current and projected debt and you changed the subject knowing I was right, but still called my direct response to you, with which you apparently agreed, "simple ass".

Please show some character, liberal!!

Last edited:

too stupid but perfectly liberal !! You started a thread about how we could save $1 trillion over 10 years.

I explained to you how trivial that was in light of current and projected debt and you changed the subject knowing I was right, but still called my direct response to you, with which you apparently agreed, "simple ass".

Besides pointing out that that alone is not going to solve the problem you got any smart ideas?

Besides pointing out that that alone is not going to solve the problem you got any smart ideas?

too simple:

1) introduce Republican capitalism so we have 5% growth every year
2) pass Republican Balanced Budget Amendment( killed 30 times by libturds)
3) cap spending until deficit and debt are eliminated

too simple:

1) introduce Republican capitalism so we have 5% growth every year
2) pass Republican Balanced Budget Amendment( killed 30 times by libturds)
3) cap spending until deficit and debt are eliminated

Please be less fucking stupid.

Forum List

Back