Should've the f-22 production ended? Can we do with the f-35?

I disagree. The one advantage of a manned pilot is that it cannot be jammed. With Remotes there is always the possibility of severing the command link, leaving it to function on pre programmed responses.
Right now the drone has a 95 million buck per plane price advantage on the F22. For that price we can lose a few.

Drones are in their infancy but are more effective than high performance aircraft in Afganistan. In a few years they may well be super high performance as the frailties of a pilot are discarded

You dont answer my jammed signal question. most drones today only loiter, for them to do complex manuevers would require another leap in AI technology.... and that might lead to:

terminator-trilogy.jpg

All kidding aside, people thought the SAM would make aircraft obsolete, and it didnt happen, why should this be any different?

All kidding aside how long do you think the F22 superiority will last? I am told China is in hot persuit.

Right now the drone has a 95 million buck per plane price advantage on the F22. For that price we can lose a few.

Drones are in their infancy but are more effective than high performance aircraft in Afganistan. In a few years they may well be super high performance as the frailties of a pilot are discarded

You dont answer my jammed signal question. most drones today only loiter, for them to do complex manuevers would require another leap in AI technology.... and that might lead to:

terminator-trilogy.jpg

All kidding aside, people thought the SAM would make aircraft obsolete, and it didnt happen, why should this be any different?

All kidding aside how long do you think the F22 superiority will last? I am told China is in hot persuit.

And our defense tech people are already working on the F-22's replacement, be it manned or drone. Just because it will eventually be replaced doesnt mean you dont manufacture it.

American military superiority is based currently on a technology gap, which while expensive operates under the principle that money is less important than the lives of our soldier/sailors/airmen/marines. We give that up, and a fight happens, we will probably win, but at a greater cost in lives.

Forum List

Back