Shouldn't the GOP be genuinely worried about 2012?

Not really. Republicans rarely think beyond a week one way or the other

It always cracks me up when a liberal says this. Social Security, Medicare, ridiculous government pensions, out of control spending and deficits, taking money from the people and companies who create jobs, blocking every viable energy policy, and on and on crushing our future in the name of political expediency today. Then it's the "Republicans" who don't think more then a week ahead. Your bowl is filled today, you don't even think a week.

You beat me to it. Both parties fall prey to the law of unintended consequences but Democrats base their entire party on it. I have become convinced that they simply lack the ability to understand how one thing affects another. They see something that bothers them and rush to remedy the situation without considering how it will affect everything else. In the end they run around in circles putting out fires of their own creation.

Then they campaign by saying "you need us now to solve all these problems" where it was their "solutions" that caused those problems.

Iraq. What happened wasn't even close to what they "imagined" would happen. Any college educated historian could have told them why.

If that was the case, why did John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, John Edwards and a bunch of other Democrats all vote to go along with it? I mean, if ANYONE knew what was going to happen (although absolutely no one predicted it at the time), why did they all go along with it.

The reality is they signed a check and didn't realize it had to be cashed. Before the war started, people predicted we would take 10,000 dead just taking Baghdad alone, and no one said boo.

Put it in perspective, we lost more men taking single islands in the Pacific in WWII than we did in the whole of Iraq. The problem was our unwillingness to sacrifice.

Shhhhhhhh, Joe. You are not supposed to remember that part. Democrats voting in favor of Iraq and Afghanistan has been conveniently written out of history. How silly of you to overlook that. :lol:

Yeah, they never want to talk about that part, for some reason. Or how they were all for bombing Iraq when Clinton needed to do it to distract from Monica stuff.

Or how they were all for bombing Iraq when Clinton needed to do it to distract from Monica stuff.

Oh well that's a completely different thing. :lol: Or you know....screaming bloody murder about Cain for allegations of sexual harassment when there's no evidence to support those allegations and even most of the accusers refuse to go on the record about it. But getting blown in the Oval office and perjuring yourself in front of a federal grand jury...oh that's just fine. :cuckoo:

Not really. Republicans rarely think beyond a week one way or the other

It always cracks me up when a liberal says this. Social Security, Medicare, ridiculous government pensions, out of control spending and deficits, taking money from the people and companies who create jobs, blocking every viable energy policy, and on and on crushing our future in the name of political expediency today. Then it's the "Republicans" who don't think more then a week ahead. Your bowl is filled today, you don't even think a week.

You beat me to it. Both parties fall prey to the law of unintended consequences but Democrats base their entire party on it. I have become convinced that they simply lack the ability to understand how one thing affects another. They see something that bothers them and rush to remedy the situation without considering how it will affect everything else. In the end they run around in circles putting out fires of their own creation.

Then they campaign by saying "you need us now to solve all these problems" where it was their "solutions" that caused those problems.

Yep. Every time throwing money at a problem doesn't work, the problem was only that we hadn't thrown enough money at it. Eventually we'll be running deficits in the trillions and still trying to throw money at everything to solve it. Hmm...already happened didn't it?

No matter who runs for the Republicans, Obama will run the nastiest, most negative campaign in the history of politics

And he will have a huge amount of money behind him.
So much for the argument that he left presents that they
DON'T like the republicans having a lot of money to help them.

The Democrats have the full support of union money backing them
and they cry foul when the republicans get support.

The Libs crying foul is a joke.
Obama is rumored to have around a billion dollars to play with. :eek:

And he will have a huge amount of money behind him.
So much for the argument that he left presents that they
DON'T like the republicans having a lot of money to help them.

The Democrats have the full support of union money backing them
and they cry foul when the republicans get support.

The Libs crying foul is a joke.
Obama is rumored to have around a billion dollars to play with. :eek:

And let's consider something as well. Keep in mind that when a politician retires from service he/she keeps any money that is in their campaign fund. A lot of people don't think about that. Whatever is left over, they simply write a check to themselves as a bonus and close the fund. So it goes right into their personal bank account.

Now Stimulus 2 (Obama's jobs plan) is simply a vessel through which billions will be funneled to unions, that will turn around and give a portion of that money back to his campaign fund.

He will spend half of that on his actual campaign and the rest he will keep. In this manner he has essentially put millions of taxpayer dollars into his own pocket that is laundered through the unions.

My guess is he will get his billion dollars, he will spend maybe $500-$600 million on the campaign and the rest he will keep.

In truth, the only viable candidate is Romney

He's the most viable candidate for Obama to hold the Presidency.

I always like this canard: The only way for the Republicans to win is to have a candidate who isn't distinguishable from the Democrat. The Democrats won't dislike him as much but they'll vote for the Democrat anyway because they are Democrats. Conservatives will sit on their hands because he's not a Conservative. And bam, he wins!

Reality Check: Romney could win because Obama blows so much, like W beat Gore and Kerry even though he sucked because they sucked more. Or he could lose like Dole and HW to Clinton and McCain to Obama. But Romney is not viable for anything but to make what shouldn't be a race into a race.

Isn't that the point of liberals talking up Romney? Then again, the minute he wraps up the nomination that will change. Conservatives will have fallen for the same trick they fell for when they nominated McCain. They'll be scratching there heads saying, "WTF?"

Immie

Isn't that the point of liberals talking up Romney? Then again, the minute he wraps up the nomination that will change. Conservatives will have fallen for the same trick they fell for when they nominated McCain. They'll be scratching there heads saying, "WTF?"

Immie

McCain was actually up on Obama and it was looking like he was cruising to victory. Then the market crashed and McCain's numbers completely tanked. McCain didn't lose because he was a moderate, he lost because Wall St. took a nosedive immediately before the election and the Democrats (supported by the media) successfully pinned it on Bush. In furious retaliation against the GOP Obama won in a landslide. Had the market held out until after the election there's every indication that McCain would be president today.

In truth, the only viable candidate is Romney, so if he doesn't win the primary, the GOP might as well throw in the towel because the rest of them suck.

Romney is pretty evenly matched with Obama right now in the polls. However, they are tied despite a sluggish economy. That says a lot about Obama. I think he is bound to only gain momentum from here on out. Afterall, the economy is actually improving a smidge. It just needs to remain consistent until 2012 (not very likely).

Sex scandal or no sex scandal, Cain doesn't know what the hell he is doing. His only solution to growing the economy is his 999 plan which would raise takes on 87% of the population. It would hardly be a cure-all.
Not only does he not have any experience in foreign policy, he knows nothing about it. He's demonstrated that several times in the debates.

I'm not sure about Newt's policies. I don't think it matters, though. He isn't going to win the Primary. It will likely be Romney.

Pu-llllleeeeezzz!

Don't you realize that Obama has less than five Kim-Kardashian marriages until he's unemployed...no matter who the GOP runs.

In truth, the only viable candidate is Romney, so if he doesn't win the primary, the GOP might as well throw in the towel because the rest of them suck.

Romney is pretty evenly matched with Obama right now in the polls. However, they are tied despite a sluggish economy. That says a lot about Obama. I think he is bound to only gain momentum from here on out. Afterall, the economy is actually improving a smidge. It just needs to remain consistent until 2012 (not very likely).

Sex scandal or no sex scandal, Cain doesn't know what the hell he is doing. His only solution to growing the economy is his 999 plan which would raise takes on 87% of the population. It would hardly be a cure-all.
Not only does he not have any experience in foreign policy, he knows nothing about it. He's demonstrated that several times in the debates.

I'm not sure about Newt's policies. I don't think it matters, though. He isn't going to win the Primary. It will likely be Romney.

Pu-llllleeeeezzz!

Don't you realize that Obama has less than five Kim-Kardashian marriages until he's unemployed...no matter who the GOP runs.
I wonder if that guy was a member of the Media...trying to sway thought...:eusa_whistle::lol:

Immie

McCain was actually up on Obama and it was looking like he was cruising to victory. Then the market crashed and McCain's numbers completely tanked. McCain didn't lose because he was a moderate, he lost because Wall St. took a nosedive immediately before the election and the Democrats (supported by the media) successfully pinned it on Bush. In furious retaliation against the GOP Obama won in a landslide. Had the market held out until after the election there's every indication that McCain would be president today.
Then it won't work this time because Obama has ownership of it despite his set up trap called "Jobs Bill" that the Dems have no intent on voting for but to pin on Republicans as it fails along with the Supercommittee that the Dems have also walked out on...

Immie

McCain isn't a moderate. He is as liberal as Obama. Which is what I was insinuating to start with. Liberals talked up McCain until he wrapped up the nomination. Then they went to work on him like there was no tomorrow. The same thing is playing out this election and when Romney wins the nomination, followed by the inevitable turning of the tide of liberals to the man with the (D) behind his name, conservatives will have thrown another election and end up scratching their heads saying, "WTF? How'd we lose another one?"

And the Democrats made sure the economy tanked just before the election. It was Political Strategy 101 and they used it to their advantage. And worse yet, they got away with it.

Immie

Then it won't work this time because Obama has ownership of it despite his set up trap called "Jobs Bill" that the Dems have no intent on voting for but to pin on Republicans as it fails along with the Supercommittee that the Dems have also walked out on...

Well sure, the jobs plan was simple....it was designed not to pass. It was specifically crafted to ensure that it would never get through the House. That way he could go on the stump and whine about "GOP obstructionism". I have started to refer to the jobs plan actually as the "Obama-sutra" as it outlines multiple, creative ways to completely fuck the United States taxpayer.

Well sure, the jobs plan was simple....it was designed not to pass. It was specifically crafted to ensure that it would never get through the House. That way he could go on the stump and whine about "GOP obstructionism". I have started to refer to the jobs plan actually as the "Obama-sutra" as it outlines multiple, creative ways to completely fuck the United States taxpayer.
I saw it from the day of his plea in a joint session of Congress (that was a colossal waste of time in of itself)...pass this bill...pass this Bill...pass this bill...pass this bill...ad nauseum...Good GAWD!:eek:

He was parroting his intent. Only fools don't see it for what is is.

He was parroting his intent. Only fools don't see it for what is is.

I agree completely and as he was laying out the plan before Congress that was precisely what immediately jumped into my head. My favorite part was "it will be fully paid for and here's how.....I am going to tell the supercommittee to figure it out!" :eek: What an ass.

Forum List

Back