Shouldn't Military members be covered by Hate Crime legislation

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
When you combine active Military members and Veterans you have a substantial number of people who have been intentionally victimized by thugs and anti-American activists. Shouldn't the American Military and Military Veterans be covered under hate crimes statutes?

When you combine active Military members and Veterans you have a substantial number of people who have been intentionally victimized by thugs and anti-American activists. Shouldn't the American Military and Military Veterans be covered under hate crimes statutes?

It depends on how one is ‘intentionally victimized,’ otherwise you’re just another authoritarian conservative attempting to stifle dissent and free expression.

Not if they're white.

Wisconsin v. Mitchell, the case upholding hate crime legislation, concerned a black on white crime, not that that should matter, of course.

It depends on how one is ‘intentionally victimized,’ otherwise you’re just another authoritarian conservative attempting to stifle dissent and free expression.
Looks like I was right.

Military and veterans? No way. They're mostly conservative, and it's not a crime to hate conservatives.

Right, USMB lefties?

Cut the bullshit, can you back this up? My soldiers are very liberal and i know every one of them. Don't paint the Armed Forces with such a broad stroke brush.

Military and veterans? No way. They're mostly conservative, and it's not a crime to hate conservatives.

Right, USMB lefties?

Cut the bullshit, can you back this up? My soldiers are very liberal and i know every one of them. Don't paint the Armed Forces with such a broad stroke brush.
I'm sure that's what they say when you're around. But the majority of donations from the Military have gone to Ron Paul.

If you really think "your soldiers" are Liberal, have a discussion about the NDAA with them. You DO know what the NDAA is right?

Right, USMB lefties?

I'm sure that's what they say when you're around. But the majority of donations from the Military have gone to Ron Paul.

If you really think "your soldiers" are Liberal, have a discussion about the NDAA with them. You DO know what the NDAA is right?

I call bullshit, now shut up, I know my soldiers, you don't know my soldiers better than me.

Right, USMB lefties?

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

You are a lying sack of shit.

Seriously.

You can't even pass an ASVAB, nevermind serve on active duty.

What do you do in the evening hours? Pretend you're a police officer?

Fucking idiot poser POS.

Right, USMB lefties?

Wrong, though I believe 'hate crime' charges should be brought rarely, military members should be included, in my opinion.

Right, USMB lefties?

My father was moderate, (27+ years*), my sister liberal (8 years total).

* My father went in at 17, two days before Pearl Harbor, got out after WWII for a couple years, went back in. I forget the exact number of years, but I think it was 27+, he retired in 1971. He made it through WWII, Korea, AND Vietnam, plus a couple "police actions" as he called them. He became a pacifist prior to his death. The Navy sent an honor guard, and fired three or more volleys.

Right, USMB lefties?

Wrong, though I believe 'hate crime' charges should be brought rarely, military members should be included, in my opinion.
"Hate crime" charges are nothing more than thought control.

A victim of a hate crime is no more victimized than a non-hate-crime victim. The thoughts and feelings of the perp are being punished. Furthermore, entire classes of people are singled out for protection by hate crime laws.

Justice is not equal under law where hate crime laws are in place. And the idea that they prevent crime is ridiculous. People still victimize each other.

Yes!,, and you are guilty for what you’re doing to John McCain

hate crime legislation is stupid
a lot of times when someone murders someone --they HATE them/etc

Forum List

Back