Shouldn't it be "Don't tell, and we wont ask you to leave" the Military

I truly am sick and tired of seeing this compared to 1948. A mans skin color is not the same thing as behavior which most of society has determined to be wrong and/or immoral. There is no comparison at all to a Black man and a white man sharing a room and a gay man and a straight man sharing a room.

Gays do not belong in the Military. Plain and simple. Lets do away with don't ask don't tell. We should ask and we should refuse gays. And I don't give a great God Damned if anyone here calls me a bigot either. That is my opinion and I am not afraid to let people know it.

You would not have enough to serve if we didn't step up. And we have been serving since the very beginning even while having to deal with such sad bigotry as your own. And, I might want to add....if you are allowed to speak up with your poisonous opinion why are we not allowed to speak up about our families and friends?

You are most definitely allowed to speak up. it's called the first amendment. And even though I have already been called a liar on this board for saying this I'll tell you again. My gay stepson agrees with me. And don't kid yourself about how many gays are in the service. The percentage is rather low.

Shouldn't this whole Gays in the military be about don't display , or let anyone know about
your homosexuality, and no one will ask you to leave the military?.

You gotta end the gay witch hunts for that to happen.

I truly am sick and tired of seeing this compared to 1948. A mans skin color is not the same thing as behavior which most of society has determined to be wrong and/or immoral. There is no comparison at all to a Black man and a white man sharing a room and a gay man and a straight man sharing a room.

Gays do not belong in the Military. Plain and simple. Lets do away with don't ask don't tell. We should ask and we should refuse gays. And I don't give a great God Damned if anyone here calls me a bigot either. That is my opinion and I am not afraid to let people know it.

You would not have enough to serve if we didn't step up. And we have been serving since the very beginning even while having to deal with such sad bigotry as your own. And, I might want to add....if you are allowed to speak up with your poisonous opinion why are we not allowed to speak up about our families and friends?

You are most definitely allowed to speak up. it's called the first amendment. And even though I have already been called a liar on this board for saying this I'll tell you again. My gay stepson agrees with me. And don't kid yourself about how many gays are in the service. The percentage is rather low.

No, I am referring to gay servicemen and women being allowed to speak up about their friends and families. Why do you get to spew your poisonous bile and we would be discharged for talking about our friends and family?

Your gay stepson is probably smart enough to know when to not rock the boat around you.

And if you want to throw personal anecdotes around, I have lots of STRAIGHT relatives who agree with me.

No, I am referring to gay servicemen and women being allowed to speak up about their friends and families. Why do you get to spew your poisonous bile and we would be discharged for talking about our friends and family?

Troops talk about their friends and families all the time. Why should we make special rules for gays? Do you honestly believe that we should put a known gay man in the same semi private room with a straight man? That the straight guy should be forced to share a shower with a gay man? Think about it from the straight guys view. And since this is sexual orientation what is the difference then if a Straight guy showers with gay women, or straight women? I mean whats the difference? After all sexual orientation doesn't count in your world.

But Unit cohesiveness and moral does count in the military world and openly serving gays would tear it apart. Especially now after 8 years of combat and still a two front war being fought.

You are most definitely allowed to speak up. it's called the first amendment. And even though I have already been called a liar on this board for saying this I'll tell you again. My gay stepson agrees with me. And don't kid yourself about how many gays are in the service. The percentage is rather low.[/QUOTE

Your gay stepson can't stand you. He is only being polite for the sake of his mother.

Troops talk about their friends and families all the time.

No...STRAIGHT troops talk about their friends and families all the time. Gay troops would be discharged for being truthful about who their friends were and who their family was.

Why should we make special rules for gays?

It is STRAIGHT troops who have the special rules. You wear a wedding ring, you get to "tell" about your STRAIGHT marriage. I would not be able to without being kicked out. You put up pictures of your wife and kids in your office, you get to "tell" about your straight relationships. I put up a picture of my wife and kids and I get kicked out. You talk about your female dates at the O Club, you get a pat on the back. I talk about my female dates, I get kicked out.

Do you honestly believe that we should put a known gay man in the same semi private room with a straight man?

That happens all the time. Do you honestly believe that roommates don't know about each other enough to figure that out....in most cases?

That the straight guy should be forced to share a shower with a gay man?

So? What makes him automatically think he's worth looking at?

Think about it from the straight guys view. And since this is sexual orientation what is the difference then if a Straight guy showers with gay women, or straight women?

Um...done that out in the field...no big deal when everyone is tired and dirty.

I mean whats the difference? After all sexual orientation doesn't count in your world.

There is no difference when everyone is pulling to get a dangerous and dirty job done. What? Where you only flying a desk your time in the military? Were you NEVER out in the field? On deployment? Huh?

But Unit cohesiveness and moral does count in the military world and openly serving gays would tear it apart.

It hasn't yet. But having to lie about yourself to others breeds dishonesty and paranoia. You liking that, are you?

Especially now after 8 years of combat and still a two front war being fought.

You mean a war where MOST gay soldiers are quietly out to their units and are kept by their C.O.s because they are GOOD soldiers and needed soldiers? That war?

Troops talk about their friends and families all the time.

No...STRAIGHT troops talk about their friends and families all the time. Gay troops would be discharged for being truthful about who their friends were and who their family was.

It is STRAIGHT troops who have the special rules. You wear a wedding ring, you get to "tell" about your STRAIGHT marriage. I would not be able to without being kicked out. You put up pictures of your wife and kids in your office, you get to "tell" about your straight relationships. I put up a picture of my wife and kids and I get kicked out. You talk about your female dates at the O Club, you get a pat on the back. I talk about my female dates, I get kicked out.

That happens all the time. Do you honestly believe that roommates don't know about each other enough to figure that out....in most cases?

So? What makes him automatically think he's worth looking at?

Um...done that out in the field...no big deal when everyone is tired and dirty.

There is no difference when everyone is pulling to get a dangerous and dirty job done. What? Where you only flying a desk your time in the military? Were you NEVER out in the field? On deployment? Huh?

But Unit cohesiveness and moral does count in the military world and openly serving gays would tear it apart.

It hasn't yet. But having to lie about yourself to others breeds dishonesty and paranoia. You liking that, are you?

Especially now after 8 years of combat and still a two front war being fought.

You mean a war where MOST gay soldiers are quietly out to their units and are kept by their C.O.s because they are GOOD soldiers and needed soldiers? That war?

I spent more time in the field than most spent in the Military. My statements stand. Of course I expect you to disagree. And that's your right. But I will not be changing my mind or position on this.

And by the way My step son and his partner lived at my house for about 6 months. He is not being polite, He actually would joke about it, ie "could you see me in the army?" And no, no one could ever see him making it even a day. Not saying all gays act like he does.

Shouldn't this whole Gays in the military be about don't display , or let anyone know about your homosexuality, and no one will ask you to leave the military?.

Heres the problem with people who don't want gays in the military:

What behaviors is a homosexual going to exhibit that are uniquely "gay" and aren't already forbidden for ALL service men and women?

During basic training and what not...guys (and girls) who cause problems for their unit are dealt with...for any number of reasons, people who weaken the cohesion of the group are dealt with...BY THE GROUP...thats how they form the tight, trusting unit they need to operate in the field. If a person was acting inappropriately...they'd be dealt with...just like they always have been.

Straight guys aren't permitted to stare at each other's junk in the shower anyway...its harassment. So if a gay guy did it, there are already probably rules in place to reprimand him...just like there would be rules in place if a straight guy was giving another straight guy strange looks or harassing him because he didn't like him.

There are strict rules about fraternization in the military...they apply to straight people too...the same rules would apply for gays. If a man asks out a woman in the military and she says no...no one screams bloody murder. So if a gay man asked out another man and he said no..I don't think that the entire armed services would collapse...

Again...I'm not sure I'm seeing what "gay things" do you think a homosexual soldier is going to do that is going to destroy the fabric of the military?

He is not being polite, He actually would joke about it, ie "could you see me in the army?" And no, no one could ever see him making it even a day. Not saying all gays act like he does.

Yeah, but the same could be said of a lot of straight guys and a lot of women. The military is not for everyone. Military service is a privilege that should not be unavailable to people because of their sexual preferences.

-TSO

This is what I am saying also. Behavior and skin color are two separate issues.
Homos do not belong in the military. They affect military cohesion and moral.
And it can affect overall troop performance.:razz:

Considering the studies showing the rates of rape and sexual harassment perpetrated by males against females...I would argue that the case can be made that HETEROSEXUALITY is what is really affecting morality and cohesion.

The bottom line is...personal interaction is what causes problems. Relationships, sex, personality conflicts, etc...is what stops the military from being able to work like a machine and forces it to work more like a business. Unless you are going to invent a way to stop people from having emotions...you are going to have issues...gay or straight makes little difference.

Homosexual behavior is as immutable as skin color.

Homosexual behavior is as immutable as skin color.

Wrong. When you see a person the first thing you see is there skin color.
A homosexual has to either speak or display some form of homosexuality..
Two separate experiences.:razz:

Forum List

Back