Shouldn't affirmative action include the mentally retarded ??

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
i mean they are in real need of help to achieve success . the claims that minorities need this boost in a system stacked against them and that it is unfair to hold them to the same standards of others .what about the mentally retarded .talk about not having an equal shot!!

Last edited:
Have they been irrationally discriminated against?

Are you serious? You've never seen people pick on the handicapped?

Whatever. There should be no affirmative action, period. We have rules and should simply come down hard on anyone who discriminates against anyone for any reason. No need to divide people into groups and offer different levels of protection or help, depending on which group you're in. We should all be treated equally. Affirmative action is simple favoritism and it's not the best way. Qualifications for a job should be the number one consideration and no one should get extra points for physical characteristics.

Same deal with hate crimes. If you attack, torture or murder someone, it's against the law. You can't prove what people were thinking and it's never necessary to prove motive- mainly because you can't.

Affirmative action just forces companies to hire by color and not qualifications, which isn't best for anyone. Quotas are bullshit. As a minority, I have earned the opportunities and the respect I've received. I got jobs because I was qualified and I got promotions because I was dependable and good at what I did. I resent the notion that I need big brother to pull strings for me. Fuck that.

:clap2::clap2::eusa_eh:

Whatever. There should be no affirmative action, period. We have rules and should simply come down hard on anyone who discriminates against anyone for any reason. No need to divide people into groups and offer different levels of protection or help, depending on which group you're in. We should all be treated equally. Affirmative action is simple favoritism and it's not the best way. Qualifications for a job should be the number one consideration and no one should get extra points for physical characteristics.

Same deal with hate crimes. If you attack, torture or murder someone, it's against the law. You can't prove what people were thinking and it's never necessary to prove motive- mainly because you can't.

Affirmative action just forces companies to hire by color and not qualifications, which isn't best for anyone. Quotas are bullshit. As a minority, I have earned the opportunities and the respect I've received. I got jobs because I was qualified and I got promotions because I was dependable and good at what I did. I resent the notion that I need big brother to pull strings for me. Fuck that.

i mean they are in real need of help to achieve success . the claims that minorities need this boost in a system stacked against them and that it is unfair to hold them to the same standards of others .what about the mentally retarded .talk about not having an equal shot!!

meh... some threads deserve to be encouraged... this ain't one of 'em...

That sounds reasonable, but I was hoping someday Affirmative Action would just go away once the field was leveled. I remember being White and entitled to it, but I never took them up on it.

I don't see anything wrong with helping people and that includes all races and sexes. The shit that was done to Black people and Indians in America is a disgrace. I can say the same about women and yes they aren't as strong as men in the same way. I'd like to see women get paid as much as a man doing the same job. I just want the world to be fair for everyone.

That sounds reasonable, but I was hoping someday Affirmative Action would just go away once the field was leveled. I remember being White and entitled to it, but I never took them up on it.

I don't see anything wrong with helping people and that includes all races and sexes. The shit that was done to Black people and Indians in America is a disgrace. I can say the same about women and yes they aren't as strong as men in the same way. I'd like to see women get paid as much as a man doing the same job. I just want the world to be fair for everyone.

isn't that what the threads point is ?? :eusa_eh:

Sorry to hear you're unemployed.

Afirmative action does include the mentally retarded

There are many government initiatives offering incentives to hiring the mentally retarded. They have worked out well

Forum List

Back