Should you have to tell your boss you're a pedophile?

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake signed an executive order Monday that requires city employees to inform supervisors if they have been charged with a crime, reported the Investigative Voice, a Baltimore news website.

"Charged" with a crime? That's quite different than being convicted of a crime.

I wonder if this quote is correct. I wonder if the executive order requires employees to report convictions, rather than merely being charged. A charge is nothing more than an accusation which may or may not be sustainable in a court of law. Cases are routinely overfiled by prosecutors, hoping for a quick disposition or compromise jury verdict which will get them what they wanted in the first place.

I would hope the quote is incorrect, and that if they are required to report anything, it is limited to convictions.

He must have been convicted of a crime.. did you miss this part? It was bolded ya know..

received $12,700 in sick leave, vacation and holiday pay by the city while serving an eight- month sentence for sexually abusing a minor, the site reported.

Every job I have gotten in the last few years ran a background check on me, so I think they would find out that way.
And unless he was convicted, he should have gotten his sick leave, something you usually earn through working a certaian amount of time.

he was convicted he was serving a 12 month sentence.. so he was arrested, tried and convicted.. and the union made sure he got sick time.. now that's what's sick.

Ok I read two articles on it and they both said that employees must notify their employer within 24 hours of being ARRESTED. I doubt if someone can be fired until they are convicted, but they must tell their boss. Some cases take months - even years - before prosecution, so I guess they want the pedophiles away from children in the interim. It would suck if it was a false charge, but I believe that about 95% of the people arrested are guilty. Better safe than sorry.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake signed an executive order Monday that requires city employees to inform supervisors if they have been charged with a crime, reported the Investigative Voice, a Baltimore news website.

"Charged" with a crime? That's quite different than being convicted of a crime.

I wonder if this quote is correct. I wonder if the executive order requires employees to report convictions, rather than merely being charged. A charge is nothing more than an accusation which may or may not be sustainable in a court of law. Cases are routinely overfiled by prosecutors, hoping for a quick disposition or compromise jury verdict which will get them what they wanted in the first place.

I would hope the quote is incorrect, and that if they are required to report anything, it is limited to convictions.

You must have missed the witch Hunt threads where our esteemed board members are all out for blood before any court at all.

Forum List

Back