Should Women be Allowed to Vote?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I know this is a taboo/politically incorrect subject, but the recent spate of sexual harassment claims by seemingly defenseless/immature women raises a legitimate question as to whether they should be treated as responsible adults (e.g., men) in our society or as a protected class of victims who have no control over their circumstances or actions. This is further underscored by continuous discussions and programs regarding (American) girls' alleged lack of self esteem. Why should we be concerned over the fact that women as less likely than men to select engineering courses in college? Are their decisions to be respected or or should they be subject to external approval?

What say you?

I believe most conservative women would happily surrender their right to vote, as suggested by Ann Coulter. Men are considered mentally and physically superior, and their religion demands subservience from them towards men.

Well in many cultures across the world women are treated as second class citizens and not just in Conservative or Liberal America.

Personally I believe the age for voting should be 25 across the board and women should retain their right to vote.

If you are not old enough to run for a House Seat then why would you be allow to vote?

I believe most conservative women would happily surrender their right to vote, as suggested by Ann Coulter. Men are considered mentally and physically superior, and their religion demands subservience from them towards men.

Well in many cultures across the world women are treated as second class citizens and not just in Conservative or Liberal America.

Personally I believe the age for voting should be 25 across the board and women should retain their right to vote.

If you are not old enough to run for a House Seat then why would you be allow to vote?
I’ll take your 25 age limit for one that caps voring at 65

I’ll take your 25 age limit for one that caps voring at 65

65 I believe is still young enough to keep voting but I do agree after a certain age people should be question if they are in sound mind to vote?

Again women should retain the right to vote.

Well in many cultures across the world women are treated as second class citizens

We could learn a thing or two from them.

No, and to abuse anyone and treat them below you is something we should never consider.

I know you are pulling at me but abuse against anyone male, female or children should never be tolerated in our society no matter what.

Well in many cultures across the world women are treated as second class citizens

We could learn a thing or two from them.

No, and to abuse anyone and treat them below you is something we should never consider.

I know you are pulling at me but abuse against anyone male, female or children should never be tolerated in our society no matter what.
How about the adult Its? (Not male or female)

I know this is a taboo/politically incorrect subject, but the recent spate of sexual harassment claims by seemingly defenseless/immature women raises a legitimate question as to whether they should be treated as responsible adults (e.g., men) in our society or as a protected class of victims who have no control over their circumstances or actions. This is further underscored by continuous discussions and programs regarding (American) girls' alleged lack of self esteem. Why should we be concerned over the fact that women as less likely than men to select engineering courses in college? Are their decisions to be respected or or should they be subject to external approval?

What say you?

The circles of intellectual variability between men and women overlap sufficiently for me to believe women should be blessed and inflicted with equal rights as well as equal responsibilities.

What say you?

Dear jwoodie
Are you referring to women who insist that protecting "free choice"
depends on govt intervening in private decisions to protect our freedom FOR us?
So like with ACA mandates, they depend on giving up all choice over their entire
bodies and decisions to govt, in order to get guaranteed equal access to insurance and birth control.
Are those the voices you are talking about?

The simplest solution is to require the PARTIES that believe in this approach
to provide those programs for their members who continue to vote for those!

Nothing wrong with voting for something you are funding yourself,
in order to furnish and manage programs for other voting members and donors!

Whoever votes for Democratic platforms and leaders, and gives them money,
let THOSE party leaders, members and organizations REPRESENT and serve those voters directly. Put their money and labor where their mouths are!

That's how Catholics run their own organizations and pay for their own policies.
Parties are no different from political religions, so shouldn't any religious organization
be expected to decide and fund their own programs for their own members,
using their own dollars and democratic process to vote on leaders and terms of policies
and membership, including costs of benefits to all members (since they believe in that).

So vote all you want for the party and platform of your choice.
And that's where you agree to put your taxes and manage the services
and policies you believe in.

Nothing wrong with that. As many women, inmate, immigrant,
or other people can vote for Democratic party promises,
and any RECIPIENT of such votes and dollars should be
held to provide those services and policies as promised or else it's fraud and false advertising.

whether they should be treated as responsible adults (e.g., men) in our society or as a protected class of victims who have no control over their circumstances or actions.

Oh, I think most women would much prefer the latter.
Should women be allowed to vote? I am a transgender woman, and since I was "served," I am no longer allowed to vote or possess a firearm. Felony failure to take my hat off for a more privileged lady. It's rather sort of like some kind of sex offense, but I was never allowed to defend myself in court or have the assistance of an attorney for my defense, since I was "served."

I am not allowed to "hang out" at libraries, government offices, schools, colleges, or other places where the "women and children" might feel violated by my presence.

Furthermore, I am considered mentally ill, ("adjudicated as a mental defective," in fact,) and my alleged mental illness is an aggravating factor to any crime I might commit, used to justify a harsher punishment.

I'm in satire, right?

In my opinion, both genders should be allowed to vote. Just don't let one kind of person speak for the rest of us when we all have our own voices.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Why should any adult's right to vote be questioned? I thought that the U.S. was supposed to be devoted to democracy. What was that famous phrase? Government of the people by the people for the people?

Forum List

Back