Should Witches be a Protected Class?

I saw a movie one time and this young girl, who was trying to put out a burning broom, threw water on a witch. Oddly enough, the witch melted. Do witches really melt if they get wet?

I saw a movie one time and this young girl, who was trying to put out a burning broom, threw water on a witch. Oddly enough, the witch melted. Do witches really melt if they get wet?

Yes.

Bitches, OTOH, just get pissed off.

I know this based on how my dog, the bitch, reacts whenever she thinks its time for her bath.

The story on the label of this bottle reads, "Whether you're a wonder healer, a caller of spirits or a lover of black magic, they will find you. And on that day, they will boil your blood, singe your skin and make a point to burn your soul to the ground. From that lonely stake, you'll be left to contemplate your life of spell casting, obscure tests and a world operated between shadows of night and day. Convicted of a dark art, the crowd will gather to watch as they raze your earthen existence. An intolerable pain is the cross you'll bear that day as you are removed from this righteous world. No one will summon the courage to save you in fear of their life. It sucks. But such is the life of a witch. In honor of your fleeting existence, we brewed Witch's Wit. A light and refreshing wheat beer, it's exactly the sort of thing you might expect to find being passed around the center of town on witch burning day. Say hello to the Prince of Darkness for us.

Beer Distributor's Witch Label Brews Contempt Among Wiccans - FoxNews.com

the text is the most offensive part
Dang, I see a new term looming on the horizon for the liberal loons to champion, "Witchophobia". :doubt:

Last edited:
This is just the inevitable end of the political correctness snowball we all set in motion decades ago.

This is precisely why I endorse virtually all things offensive. People need to be offended more often and learn to understand there exists no inherent right to not be offended.

Just in time for Halloween, there's trouble brewing for a California beer distributor that has gotten into hot water with the nation's wiccan community over an ale called Witch's Wit -- whose label depicts a woman being burned at the stake.

Witch's Wit is one of Port Brewing Company's Lost Abbey beers, which the distributor calls "inspired beers for saints and sinners alike." Each beer sports a label that aims to tell a story about the struggle between good and evil.

Incensed at the image of a witch being burned at the stake, Noble sent an e-mail to her followers, asking in the subject line: "Can we stop this brewer from their hate imagery?"

"Can you imagine them showing a black person being lynched or a Jewish person going to the oven?" she asked. "Such images are simply not tolerated in our society anymore (thank the Goddess) and this one should not be, either."

Everybody's a fucking victim these days...

No they should be persecuted just like they always have. Once witches stop casting spells, eating small children and stealing ruby slippers we can start treating them like normal people

Fine--then make it a crime to show ANYONE or ANYTHING in a negative light or poke fun at it and see how well that works out for us.

did i say make it a crime, did i?

who pissed in your damned cheerios?

no--twas I who suggested that we make it a crime. After the jails are full of people who inadvertently "offended" someone perhaps we can look at the issue sanely.

Fine--then make it a crime to show ANYONE or ANYTHING in a negative light or poke fun at it and see how well that works out for us.

no--twas I who suggested that we make it a crime. After the jails are full of people who inadvertently "offended" someone perhaps we can look at the issue sanely.

We have laws that protect people from discrimination in employment, housing etc. on the basis of religion. Those laws would protect a Pagan or Wiccan just as well as any other faith's adherent.

I dunno WTF all this talk of criminalizing free speech is about....you guys all a tad hung over?

Just watch.

Some one will file a discrimination law suit.

Because they can't wear a black pointy hat to work at McDonalds or some other place.

Then next, Congress will make it a "hate crime" to shoot broom stick riding witches out of the air or some other witchophobia nonsense. :doubt:

Last edited:
Sunni Man is 100% correct. From the article:

"The only decision that has been made about this label is that we have agreed, as owners, to discuss this label controversy at our meeting in November," he said.

Noble, meanwhile, says if the company doesn't change the label, there will be more trouble ahead.

"I don't' have an immediate plan, but I'm sure not ready to just let it go away," she said. "We'll have to go to the next level."

dont group all witches with wiccans...simple as that.....wiccans are group to their own...

oh please---I can group them all as vegetables if I wish. I could cite you a number of examples of people offending someone by lumping with a larger group but it would only start further quibbling and hair splitting.

This is just the inevitable end of the political correctness snowball we all set in motion decades ago.

This is precisely why I endorse virtually all things offensive. People need to be offended more often and learn to understand there exists no inherent right to not be offended.
Exactly. This has always been one of my favorite beers:

beer.jpg

"The only decision that has been made about this label is that we have agreed, as owners, to discuss this label controversy at our meeting in November," he said.

Noble, meanwhile, says if the company doesn't change the label, there will be more trouble ahead.

"I don't' have an immediate plan, but I'm sure not ready to just let it go away," she said. "We'll have to go to the next level."

What nonsense. The complainers sound like goofy college kids on a tear.

btw Ya'll please remember it was the Sunni Man who coined the term, "witchophobia" on 10/31/10 (Halloween) at USMB

So that wikipedia doesn't give someone else the credit for inventing the word. :cool:

Last edited:

What nonsense. The complainers sound like goofy college kids on a tear.

As does anyone who gets bent out of shape for what is said as opposed to what is done.

Just in time for Halloween, there's trouble brewing for a California beer distributor that has gotten into hot water with the nation's wiccan community over an ale called Witch's Wit -- whose label depicts a woman being burned at the stake.

Witch's Wit is one of Port Brewing Company's Lost Abbey beers, which the distributor calls "inspired beers for saints and sinners alike." Each beer sports a label that aims to tell a story about the struggle between good and evil.

Incensed at the image of a witch being burned at the stake, Noble sent an e-mail to her followers, asking in the subject line: "Can we stop this brewer from their hate imagery?"

"Can you imagine them showing a black person being lynched or a Jewish person going to the oven?" she asked. "Such images are simply not tolerated in our society anymore (thank the Goddess) and this one should not be, either."

Yeah, even the clowns!~ :cuckoo:

http://blog.trutv.com/dumb_as_a_blo...s-when-it-comes-to-politics.html?link=dumbrss

I'm headed to the folks house for Halloween/Oktoberfest today. Mom asked me to bring German beer. I think I'll look for some Witch's Wit. Delightfully cold as a Witch's Tit. Hey - maybe I can get a 2nd job as a marketer. :lol:

Good grief.

And, no one should be a protected class in the USA - equality under the law.

Liberty is an all or nothing proposition. I don't see where their Liberty has been trod upon.

However Liberty has been replaced by a gigantic nuiscience called Political Correctness.

Forum List

Back