Should Welfare Recipients Be Allowed To Vote?

Should Welfare Recipients Be Allowed To Vote?

• Total voters
Ahhhh...the ole' "Privilege vs. Right" schpiel.

Nice one!

I bet you believe that gun ownership is a right and not a privilege.

Am I correct?

No, really, as annotated in the Constituion voting is a privilage. Self defense is a right and thus gun ownership is a right. Especially as it is spelled out in the 2nd Amendment. Reading the words and debates of the founding fathers/fraimers makes this absolutly clear.

First create a corporation which depends on massive Pentagon services in the gulf region.

Then lobby the government for subsidies and no-bid contracts.

Then offshore your HQ to the Caribbean.

Rake in billions in Pentagon services, subsidies, and no bid contracts -- and pay no taxes.

Free money. Billions every year.

Recycle some profit into elections, so the welfare continues.

Recycle some profit into talk radio, so they divert collective rage at jobless serfs.

AND NOW A BRIEF HISTORY LESSON

IN THE 80'S ...capital came to Washington and said: "we want lower labor costs. We want you to help us break their unions and force our pampered middle class labor force to compete with the 3rd world."

"But if we do that, the workers won't have enough money to consume and drive the economy"

"Don't worry. We'll loan them the money to consume -- and you can make some nice interest"

"Yes, but won't American consumers -- the people we depend on to buy our goods -- rack up too much debt and become insolvent?

"Yes, eventually"

"And when this happens, won't we have a terrible recession, owing to their inability to buy things? And won't this destroy the economy and us with it?"

"We can delay the recession -- a give you a nice payoff"

"How"

"We'll create financial instruments that allow them use the equity in their homes to keep buying your products"

"Yes, but won't this eventually turn into a disaster, if consumers use their last remaining asset to borrow against a bubble"

"Yes, the disaster will be larger than anything you've ever seen"

"And what happens when borrowers can't repay their loans. Won't this bankrupt us?"

"Nope, we're going to bail you out"

"But what about the middle class home owners?"

"You can foreclose on them and repossess their assets. It's called upward transfer of wealth. It's what the strong have always done to the weak. Welcome to Social darwinism. God gave the lion claws for a reason"

"Are you crazy? People will see through this financial scam. They will lynch us"

"Nope -- Talk Radio will tell them it's all government's fault. Instead of lynching you; they'll start shooting them"

"Yes, but we own government. Why do you think we pour billions into their elections? The public will never fall for it"

"Don't worry. They already have"

Last edited:
Why fuck around? You guys that haven't made your first million.. Fuck off you don't count..in fact the only American that should vote is Bill Gates. He is the winner... He was the lucky and smart one. Nobody else is shit. Ya that's the ticket. Bill Gets to chose. Everybody else just shut the fuck up!

Overreacting are we? Was I not clear enough in the op?

What is this "we" shit? I think people like you should have your right to breath American oxygen taken away. In MY America EVERYONE should have the right to vote. Except you..you need deported. Go find yourself a nice monarchy somewhere and take your elitist ideas with you.

Why fuck around? You guys that haven't made your first million.. Fuck off you don't count..in fact the only American that should vote is Bill Gates. He is the winner... He was the lucky and smart one. Nobody else is shit. Ya that's the ticket. Bill Gets to chose. Everybody else just shut the fuck up!

What is this "we" shit? I think people like you should have your right to breath American oxygen taken away. In MY America EVERYONE should have the right to vote. Except you..you need deported. Go find yourself a nice monarchy somewhere and take your elitist ideas with you.

So you didnt read the OP? I know my thesis sounds shocking but please, read it. You may find that my position is not that extream after all.

First create a corporation which depends on massive Pentagon services in the gulf region.

Then lobby the government for subsidies and no-bid contracts.

Then offshore your HQ to the Caribbean.

Rake in billions in Pentagon services, subsidies, and no bid contracts -- and pay no taxes.

Free money. Billions every year.

Recycle some profit into elections, so the welfare continues.

Recycle some profit into talk radio, so they can divert people's rage at the jobless serfs.

AND NOW A BRIEF HISTORY LESSON

IN THE 80'S ...capital came to Washington and said: "we want lower labor costs. We want you to help us break their unions and force our pampered middle class labor force to compete with the 3rd world."

"But if we do that, the workers won't have enough money to consume and drive the economy"

"Don't worry. We'll loan them the money to consume -- and you can make some nice interest"

"Yes, but won't American consumers -- the people we depend on to buy our goods -- rack up too much debt and become insolvent?

"Yes, eventually"

"And when this happens, won't we have a terrible recession, owing to the populations inability to buy things? And won't this destroy the economy and us with it?"

"We can delay the recession -- a give you a nice payoff"

"How"

"We'll create financial instruments that allow them use the equity in their homes to keep buying your products"

"Yes, but won't this eventually turn into a disaster, if consumers use their last remaining asset to borrow against a bubble"

"Yes, the disaster will be larger than anything you've ever seen"

"And what happens to us when borrowers can't repay their loans. This will bankrupt us?"

"No, it will not bankrupt you because we're going to bail you out"

"But what about the middle class home owners?"

"You can foreclose on them -- repossess their assets"

"Are you crazy? People will see through this. They will lynch us"

"Nope -- Talk Radio will tell them it's all government's fault."

"Yes, but we own government. Why do you think we pour billions into their elections? They'll never but it"

"Don't worry. They already have"

By reading your post I KNOW you did not read my OP! I covered all of that! Is such intellectual laziness abundant in this forum? You just dove right in to a thread without reading it? And embarrased yourself with this trash? Read my OP and try again.

Last edited:

So you didnt read the OP? I know my thesis sounds shocking but please, read it. You may find that my position is not that extream after all.

If you were not joking...I am not amused. Hitler had an interesting idea on purifying the German voting rolls ... Your kind of thinking has only one end game. I will not take one nor allow any step in that direction. No..I mean yes... I did not waste any time digging into your thesis. The stated premise is 100% against EVERYTHING I believe this country stands for. You should be skinned and your hide dried and fitted to bongo drums.

If you were not joking...I am not amused. Hitler had an interesting idea on purifying the German voting rolls ... Your kind of thinking has only one end game. I will not take one nor allow any step in that direction. No..I mean yes... I did not waste any time digging into your thesis. The stated premise is 100% against EVERYTHING I believe this country stands for. You should be skinned and your hide dried and fitted to bongo drums.

You may be surprised to find out that your wrong. The Founding Fathers held the same view as I do so that statement of yours of what America stands for is in question. This is covered in the op. Please read it. Honestly, I feel that if you gave it some time you will see why I hold such a view and probaly question your own view as well. Either way I thank you for your consideration. But I cant debate a guy who doesent know where I'm coming from.

This is not a road we would want to go down. If you start denying voting privileges to those who pay no income taxes then you could not morally justify charging them sales tax, gas tax, etc. (I know, it was covered in your OP.) :eusa_whistle:

Once you start that crap then you would have to deny people who rent the privilege to vote in local elections since most local governments are funded by property taxes.

While we're at it why not apportion representation to the amount of taxes you pay?

See what would be created by going down this road?

By reading your post I KNOW you did not read my OP! I covered all of that! Is such intellectual laziness abundant in this forum? You just dove right in to a thread without reading it? And embarrased yourself with this trash? Read my OP and try again.

Your post is a great description of FDR's America where welfare and government jobs and pork were used to create the impenetrable New Deal Coalition, which kept the Liberals in power for 40 years.

But Reagan's America is different (and both parties now live in Reagan's America).

Reagan gave a New Deal to the wealthy.

Reagan's America made a much different promise: "We'll give you candy -- subsidies, no-bids, tax breaks, bail-outs, regulatory favors -- and you will make us rich and keep us in power"

The FDR way of politics

"Vote for me, I'll give you welfare"

has turned into the Reagan way of politics

"Fund my election, and I'll subsidize-&-privatize your profit, while socializing your risk"

"And if I do create universal health care. I won't break your monopoly. I'll just force everybody to buy your overpriced garbage"

(wow. is talk radio this strong? We now have state protected monopolies which staff government through the funding of elections. We gave corporations and their wealthy shareholders the largest bailout ever, and then we foreclosed on the poor. And the OP is talking about votes for welfare. Me thinks he doesn't understand who the real welfare recipients are. Wow, just wow)

Last edited:

You may be surprised to find out that your wrong. The Founding Fathers held the same view as I do so that statement of yours of what America stands for is in question. This is covered in the op. Please read it. Honestly, I feel that if you gave it some time you will see why I hold such a view and probaly question your own view as well. Either way I thank you for your consideration. But I cant debate a guy who doesent know where I'm coming from.

This is a different world than the one "our founding fathers" lived in. Back then the population was 90 percent agrarian. They condoned and even promoted the buying and selling of human beings. We are not going back to those days. The INTENT of the new people we call American has been built on and we have fought among ourselves and against the most powerful militaries of the world to get where we are today. I will give no ground that my ancestors died to take. I am not interested in your ideas. I am only interested in rejecting them.

Yeah, let's go with this.

Should defense contractors be allowed to vote?

Should farm subsidy receivers be allowed to vote?

Should civil servants be allowed to vote?

Should the military be allowed to vote?

Sounds like a conflict of interest to me ...

This is not a road we would want to go down. If you start denying voting privileges to those who pay no income taxes then you could not morally justify charging them sales tax, gas tax, etc. (I know, it was covered in your OP.) :eusa_whistle:

Once you start that crap then you would have to deny people who rent the privilege to vote in local elections since most local governments are funded by property taxes.

While we're at it why not apportion representation to the amount of taxes you pay?

I just got forced into a union, they suck.

This is probably the dumbest OP I have ever seen, the implications of which are very scary, were it to become a reality in our society today. What you are basically vying for is a slave class with no rights, to take us back to the dark ages. Let me get this straight: the under-class, those born into the least privilege (not their fault, as it isn't with anybody), now don't have a right to vote??? That would only lead to one thing: a very bold line between rich and poor. The wealth gap would spread, and would only lead to one conclusion: a revolt. A violent revolt. Riots. Who knows, even civil war. This is the stupidest fuck idea I have ever heard. The converse of no taxation without representation doesn't hold water. Not all converses are valid. (A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square, as one very simple example.)

I just got forced into a union, they suck.

And what does that have to do with the subject of this thread?????? :confused:

Forum List

Back