Should welfare recipients be allowed to breed?

Everyone is quick to go after the welfare recipient, are we so quick to go after the developementally challenged?

Here is a group of people who collect social security, medicade, and medicare. They have optical and dental insurance. All of their bills are paid for by the state. They produce nothing, they contribute nothing. There is a whole system of government set up to care for these peoples needs from the cradle to the grave.

The difference is that these people don't have a choice of being the way they are, and a welfare recipient can always go get a job. That is a major difference, but a welfare recipient can get a job and contribute, but a develpoementally disabled person can never get a job.

The parents had them and should be responsible for them financially not the state. What is the difference between aborting these people and dumping them on the state to be cared for for life?

One illegal alien family, costs the U.S. taxpayers more than $32,000 in federal, state and local benefits each year. That same family contributes an average of $9,000 a year in taxes, resulting in a net tax burden of $22,449 each year. If the lower figure of 12 million illegal aliens is used for estimation purposes, the total tax burden translates to $2.2 trillion per year.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55135

----

An illegal alien parent receives welfare benefits on behalf of his or her U.S. citizen child. Regardless of the parents immigration status may receive welfare and other benefits. When such a child receives assistance, the aid also helps support the child’s family.

SOURCE: Illegal Aliens Extent of Welfare Benefits, Page 1.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf

----

In fiscal year 1995, about $1.1 billion in AFDC and Food Stamp benefits were provided to household with an illegal alien parent.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf

Just one more way the government can intrude into your life. Tell you who you can marry and if you can have kids. I thought we wanted less government interference. Sounds hypocritical.

We could practically fix the deficit problem in 7 years by cutting illegal aliens off Welfare and other social services. It's cheaper to deport them!

The National Policy Institute "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

I wonder: would actual aliens qualify for welfare?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I wonder: would actual aliens qualify for welfare?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Illegal immigrants swarm into our country and quickly jump on the welfare rolls. They cost hard-working U.S. citizens billions and billions of dollars in taxes because of this subsidy. That’s a familiar, easy charge leveled by critics of illegal immigration. But is it fact or fiction?

It’s actually a myth, according to the Congressional Research Service, the investigative arm of Congress.
Illegal aliens are good scapegoat so the myth continues.

Immigration Myths and Facts | American Civil Liberties Union

Interesting.

And the kids could be inducted into the Surrogate Labor Action Vindication Employment force or S.L.A.V.E, to offset the cost of the welfare.

Hmm..this is really starting to gel.

I said nothing about the kids did I?

This is ALL on the parent.

Do you really think that a person who enters the welfare program with 2 kids should be able to have 10 more with no consequences?

Naw..there should be consequences for everything. In fact..life is just one be consequence!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcCXnXDiKoQ]YouTube - ‪Bugs bunny and Daffy Duck the happy miser‬‏[/ame]

deleted-family

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s actually a myth, according to the Congressional Research Service, the investigative arm of Congress.

Indeed. Most of them go to extremes to keep their heads down. In doing so, they work off the books and under the radar. Albeit, that means they don't pay taxes and skip some of the overhead that the rest of us bear, but mostly it means the don't have full legal protection - they work under conditions that legal citizens wouldn't consider and would never put up with. Essentially, they're underlings - 'untouchables' that clean up our shit for us at bargain basement rates. Welcome to America.

Indeed. Most of them go to extremes to keep their heads down. In doing so, they work off the books and under the radar. Albeit, that means they don't pay taxes and skip some of the overhead that the rest of us bear, but mostly it means the don't have full legal protection - they work under conditions that legal citizens wouldn't consider and would never put up with. Essentially, they're underlings - 'untouchables' that clean up our shit for us at bargain basement rates. Welcome to America.

They are not welcome in America. Americans will gladly do any work that illegals are doing now, but, understandably, only if they are paid a legitimate rate of compensation. Get the 20 million undocumented workers out of the country and you will see a burger flipper, crop picker, and laborer on a cleanup crew making $15 an hour.

Of course, then a CEO of a corporation would not be making 300 times what an average worker makes, he would only be making a more reasonable 25 or 30 times the pay. Which is why neither Democrats nor Republicans will kick the illegals out, because the rich folk who put them in office want a large cheap surplus labor supply,so they can have 5 homes instead of 2, and an 80 foot yacht instead of a 30 foot cruiser.

Of course, then a CEO of a corporation would not be making 300 times what an average worker makes, he would only be making a more reasonable 25 or 30 times the pay. Which is why neither Democrats nor Republicans will kick the illegals out, because the rich folk who put them in office want a large cheap surplus labor supply,so they can have 5 homes instead of 2, and an 80 foot yacht instead of a 30 foot cruiser.

Yup. Though I think it's more than 'rich folk' who want the illegals doing our dirty work. Everyone who wants cheap stuff 'benefits' from having an underclass. That doesn't make it right, but I think it's disingenuous to pretend that only the rich benefit.

In any case, it's not right. The question is, do we acknowledge the foreign workers as 'real people' and welcome them to our country, or do we put up walls to our 'exclusive club' and kick them all out? And, are we willing to do what is necessary to implement that latter solution?

The fact is, we're not. The only way you can keep hungry people away from the work that will feed their families is via a draconian police state. I don't want that, and most voters don't want that - which is why we haven't chosen that kind of solution. The problem is, the solution we have chosen is delusional and fundamentally unfair. We need to face the truth.

It's a clear conflict of interest. They are not stakeholders when they are taking and not giving, and their breeding reflects it. They should not be able to breed. Two clarifications:

1) I am talking about all forms of welfare, including social security and medicare. You are living on someone else's money, it's welfare.

2) I am only not allowing them to breed for one year after they take a welfare check. Once they become a full citizen who is a stakeholder in our country again, they get to breed again.

Note: Thread inspired by kaz

Ask California--they're showing a 48 BILLION+ deficit in their state alone. A woman without insurance--can go into a PLUSH single delivery room--give birth and then get a steak dinner--all paid for by the taxpayers of this state and country--since it's MEDICADE funded.

Welcome to America--:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfrC2HHLF6U&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Wilkow Majority 06/27/2011 Pat from Minneapolis Minnesota‬‏[/ame]

I might behoove us to offer incentives NOT to breed.

Perhaps considerable sum for sterilization or a more modest annual payment for not having had a child that year would be approaches that work.

Now what is a reasonable amount we would pay, say and 18 year old girl or boy to undergo irreversible sterilization?

Is $50,000 enough? too much? just right?

How about a free house?

A free college education?

A lifetimes worth of crack?

Should welfare recipients be allowed to breed?

freeper-alert.jpg

It's a clear conflict of interest. They are not stakeholders when they are taking and not giving, and their breeding reflects it. They should not be able to breed. Two clarifications:

1) I am talking about all forms of welfare, including social security and medicare. You are living on someone else's money, it's welfare.

2) I am only not allowing them to breed for one year after they take a welfare check. Once they become a full citizen who is a stakeholder in our country again, they get to breed again.

Note: Thread inspired by kaz

Ask California--they're showing a 48 BILLION+ deficit in their state alone. A woman without insurance--can go into a PLUSH single delivery room--give birth and then get a steak dinner--all paid for by the taxpayers of this state and country--since it's MEDICADE funded.

Welcome to America--:cuckoo:
I respectfully disagree with your quote about Califonia and why their deficit is $ 43B, the main reason for the huge deficit is Proposition 13, enacted in 1978, and their utility overcharging their citizenry.
Look, the main reason for any deficit is not only due to spending habits:
e.g., my income is $800.00 a month, my car payment and car insurance is $450.00 a month, my rent is $450.00 a month, which means, I need to take in more revenue, so I either need to get a better job, or, I need to let the finance company take my car back, so I can restructure.

When city, state, or federal governments run into deficit problems, the answer is not to CUT TAXES!

They need to raise revenues, not cut revenues.
And I wished people would stop blaming illegals for our money problems, we have had illegals in the U.S.A. forever. I do agree that we need a comprehensive alien program for migrant workers though. Let 'em work here, pay some income tax, and then they must return to their country of origin within a specified time.
Produce is literally rotting in fields throughout the South because of State Bills introduced or signed into laws dealing with illegal immigrants. We need migrant workers, but on our terms.

I do believe in the past 20+ years, the wealthy HAS become wealthier, and with jobs going overseas, the loss of the middle class has been inevitable. Corporations look now for the cheapest labor, and that's part of the problem.
America hasn't had a balanced budget since 2000, and every year Bush 43 remained in office, the Debt Ceiling was raised 7 times, without dissent.:eek:

Forum List

Back