Should we try to contact with aliens?

Whocares386

Mar 9, 2017
I’ve been thinking about that question for a long time. In my opinion if you really know our current technology, civilization and indestructible dogmatic opinions-beliefs, your answer probably: ”No, we shouldn’t communicate with them right now”.

Because most of humans still believe in nonsense stories, we still didn’t even get rid of these beliefs because of politicians and ignorant cultures, I do not think we (most of us) can completely get rid of them for a long time.

There are so many reasons about: ” why we haven’t contact them yet? ”

• Education
  • Civilisation
  • Disagreements for human race
  • Greediness created world wars
  • Poverty, fascist ideas
  • Religions, nationalism
Also I suggest you read that interesting article too:

Finding Aliens

Maybe they already know all about us, and they're just sitting back waiting for us to self-destruct.
It surely won't take very long...

Maybe they already know all about us, and they're just sitting back waiting for us to self-destruct.
It surely won't take very long...
I think if we don't solve that irregular population increasing, humanity will be ended poorly in the future. We'll face with problems such as poverty, out of food and massacre. Politicians must listen scientists otherwise that problem won't be able to solve with democracy.

As we already have, and have a few treaties with them, and they know everything we are doing, it sort of seems like a moot point.

I think we should as maybe they'll take over leadership until we stop wanting to be cave savages. Pretty much meaning,,,until we start caring for our follow man, care about clean air, water, food and considering republican policies the past.

Last edited:
Even if there's a lot of alien life out there, there's no guarantee it's intelligent. And even if its intelligent, there's no guarantee they'll be advanced enough to communicate with us. Modern humans have existed for half a million years yet we've only had radio for just over a century.

Maybe they were already here and were like, "Fuck these guys, we're leaving!"

I think the question really is:

Should sh1t-heads steal my money to have NASA look for something it won't find?

Why bother contacting them even if you did find a way to do so? We almost certainly wouldnt be able to "communicate" with them.

We cannot even "communicate with animals on our home planet. Even one with which we share 98% of the same DNA. We simply could not communicate with an extra terrestrial, anymore than we could communicate with a horseshoe crab.

We cannot even "communicate with animals on our home planet. Even one with which we share 98% of the same DNA. We simply could not communicate with an extra terrestrial, anymore than we could communicate with a horseshoe crab.
I learned from Star Trek and most other scifi movies that they are all human and speak AMERICAN English.

Then theres also the hurdle that because they come from an alien world. The planets for which they'd be searching; would be ones like their own. Not ones like ours. After all thats exactly what we do. Most people who fantasize about these things do not truly grasp the totality of the word "alien" in the cosmic context.

Even if there's a lot of alien life out there, there's no guarantee it's intelligent. And even if its intelligent, there's no guarantee they'll be advanced enough to communicate with us. Modern humans have existed for half a million years yet we've only had radio for just over a century.

True but most scientists put the universe around 14 billion years old. So in the grand scheme of things, Humanity went from existing to radio and space travel in .0003% of the universe's lifespan. I've heard 200,000 years which would be less than .0002% of the time, and that behavioral modern humans have only been around 50,000 years (us thinking differently from animals), which means from the start to space travel, we are looking at .00003% of our universe's timeline. In other words, if our universe had been around for a year, human's thinking differently from animals has been around about 15 minutes of that time.

I'd say no on contacting them. Someone brought up that aliens are truly alien. Would they see us as any different than we see a bug buzzing around us when we have a flyswatter handy? Would they even recognize us as sentient or even alive? Would we show up as just some annoying background noise in their own communications that they need to send out a ship to get rid of?

Who knows. There's only one situation where I see that as ended up good. They recognize us as sentient, they choose to help us, and they don't screw it up (think of missionaries attempting to help a tribe but wiping them out with disease by mistake).

All the rest of the scenarios I think end quite poorly for us.

If there is intelligent life out there (regardless of the exact probabilities), it seems like the most logical places to look for it/try to radio contact are yellow stars at least as old as our sun. Because Earth makes it self-evident that carbon-based life thrives beautifully under the radiation frequencies of a yellow sun. Since we know that this arrangement works very well, it must be possible with some other stars that are more or less than same as ours. Zeta Reticuli (30 light years away) comes to mind.

New Topics

Forum List

Back