Should We Torture Serial Killers?

Sam Andrews

Rookie
Apr 17, 2016
I don't know squat about the US justice system. However, I think I don't need to know a lot to give a legitimate suggestion that we add torture to our forms of punishment for criminals. I wonder if maybe we should torture serial killers or any type of mass murderer or leaders of criminal organizations. Giving narcissistic serial killers who tortured and raped multiple people, fame and live in prison, is not justice!

Ball sack for an eye. That's my philosophy when it comes to serial killers. We should hurt them more than they hurt their victims. Torture should certainly be very harsh for them. Many of them enjoy the media attention because they're narcissistic. They're already miserable psychopaths, I mean c'mon I don't think being fed and housed in prison is very painful for them.

Anyone who argues we shouldn't include torture as a form of punishment, because that's emotional and barbaric, and that we inprison criminals solely to protect society from them, is totally wrong. No, we inprison people to punish them *and* protect society. That anger inside of you that wants to put killers through hell, is a good thing, and needs to be represented more in our justice system. I think our cultures condemns that anger too much.

Our society has set guidelines we tell our citizens for their whole lives. One of them is, don't kill other people!! We warned serial killers to not kill people. When they break that rule, there's no more second chances and no more empathy and no more mercy. They've unleashed hell on themselves. That's how I feel about them. I'm angry that our justice system has no teeth.

No reason to torture them.

Just kill them and be done with it. What reason to keep them alive?

And please, can't we bypass the 20-year appeals process?

Naw...just blow their brains out. They aren't worth wasting more time than that.

I don't know squat about the US justice system. However, I think I don't need to know a lot to give a legitimate suggestion that we add torture to our forms of punishment for criminals. I wonder if maybe we should torture serial killers or any type of mass murderer or leaders of criminal organizations. Giving narcissistic serial killers who tortured and raped multiple people, fame and live in prison, is not justice!

Ball sack for an eye. That's my philosophy when it comes to serial killers. We should hurt them more than they hurt their victims. Torture should certainly be very harsh for them. Many of them enjoy the media attention because they're narcissistic. They're already miserable psychopaths, I mean c'mon I don't think being fed and housed in prison is very painful for them.

Anyone who argues we shouldn't include torture as a form of punishment, because that's emotional and barbaric, and that we inprison criminals solely to protect society from them, is totally wrong. No, we inprison people to punish them *and* protect society. That anger inside of you that wants to put killers through hell, is a good thing, and needs to be represented more in our justice system. I think our cultures condemns that anger too much.

Our society has set guidelines we tell our citizens for their whole lives. One of them is, don't kill other people!! We warned serial killers to not kill people. When they break that rule, there's no more second chances and no more empathy and no more mercy. They've unleashed hell on themselves. That's how I feel about them. I'm angry that our justice system has no teeth.
The thread premise is moronic idiocy, a clear violation of the 8th Amendment.

Just shut the hell up and the REAL world run things.

What would torturing prisoners achieve?

The same thing that putting them in prison achieves. It keeps them out of the general population and harms them. Toture is better at doing those two things. It costs less money and harms them more.

My first thought, was, well shit of course not, because it accomplishes exactly nothing.

My second is to let the families of the victims decide. If they want to skin the fuckers alive let them do it.

Barbaric, illegal etc.? of course. Doesn't mean I would stand in the way of some father that wanted to exact some revenge on the motherfucker that raped and killed his daughter. I'd hand him his tool of choice.....

What would torturing prisoners achieve?

The same thing that putting them in prison achieves. It keeps them out of the general population and harms them. Toture is better at doing those two things. It costs less money and harms them more.
How can it cost less money to add torture to someone's sentence? How many staff do you think would enjoy adding torture to their role and resume? Treatment and education/skills training isn't even properly adopted in prisons because of costs. That would be a better use of any resources made available for 'torture'. And how about turning sane normal prison wardens into sadistical monsters? People no better than the criminals they are to torture? That's like abuse IMHO, because, as research has shown, some people will indeed commit heinous acts if told to by an authority figure. My conclusion is: Nah.

Or the Bill of Rights, it would seem.

"cruel and unusual punishment." is relative. To differnt people it has differnt definitions. In my opinon Torture is not "cruel and unusual punishment" for mass murderers, especially serial killers.
We could turn it into a social cause. Feed them to zoo animals and PETA would support you. Feed them to sharks and killer whales and green peace would support you.

Drop that OLD word death and give it a BRAND NEW PC name. Call it recycle!

Forum List

Back