Should we take away the term limit for a President?

Gabriella84 said:
Duh, Bush couldn't even defeat moronic Al Gore. He had to be appointed by the Supreme Court. Bush was unproven and not that well respected. Clinton would have wiped him out. Because of term limits, we now have a hick instead of a dick in charge.

LOL it's just all spilled milk now though (is there a rick running in 2008 so we cab keep up your neat rhymning scheme? )

Gabriella84 said:
Amen to that!
.....The money machine would keep on rolling.

LOL..dream on Gabby..The money machine, sure. Truth is, if you took "all" the money an distributed equally among all adults, in five years in would be back where it started. The reason is, some people know what to do with money but many(most) just spend it.
I promise you this is true.

Gabriella84 said:
Duh, Bush couldn't even defeat moronic Al Gore. He had to be appointed by the Supreme Court. Bush was unproven and not that well respected. Clinton would have wiped him out. Because of term limits, we now have a hick instead of a dick in charge.

Except he did. Then he beat, self-described, genius Kerry too. This is simple denial by the NeoProgs it helps them think they are mainstream and we should let them keep thinking that Gore's attempt at stealing the election by recounting certain special counties and ignoring the rest was successful and the SCOTUS simply decided on Bush. What they really decided was his tactic of counting these special counties was special consideration and unjust and unlawful. Even the Dems on the SCOTUS went that way, 7 to 2 decision. Only the NeoProg apologists were unwilling to concede he was trying to cheat.

If any idiot ever tries to pass a bill to extend the terms, they won't enjoy the results................................................................................................................................. 50 burning dog-dodos on theri porch a day :)

No really it's not a good idea. Limited terms was set up as a way to limit Presidential authority. Do you really want the President to have more power? DO YOU WANT AMERICA TO TURN INTO A DICTATORSHIP OR MONARCHY?

seriously people.

Hitler was originally a lawfully appointed official

no1tovote4 said:
Except he did. Then he beat, self-described, genius Kerry too. This is simple denial by the NeoProgs it helps them think they are mainstream and we should let them keep thinking that Gore's attempt at stealing the election by recounting certain special counties and ignoring the rest was successful and the SCOTUS simply decided on Bush. What they really decided was his tactic of counting these special counties was special consideration and unjust and unlawful. Even the Dems on the SCOTUS went that way, 7 to 2 decision. Only the NeoProg apologists were unwilling to concede he was trying to cheat.

BUSH NEVER BEAT GORE. HELLO IDIOT GORE WON THE POPULAR VOTE!

smart people never win; that's why I'm a loser

Mr. P said:
No, and we should impose term limits on Congrees too.
That's probably s good idea some peps in the senate i.e Robert Byrd, have been there for 20-40 years and the longer they are there the harder it is to get rid of them. Unfortunately members of the senate would never sanction term limits for themselves they all laugh at that one. No way...they'd say

ploitical-guru said:
BUSH NEVER BEAT GORE. HELLO IDIOT GORE WON THE POPULAR VOTE!

so what, we dont have popular elections in this country it's undemocratic and the founders wanted it a certain way so bush won fair and square

Gabriella84 said:

gee wiz golly gee your dumb I was only 14 when it happend and I can remember things better than you. I seem yo recall that it was Gore who contested the ballot count by going to court. What a suprise that he did that, clearly he knew that as it stood in the cout he had lost florida, his intent wasnt to legitimize his own win it was to keep recounting until a few thousand ballots mysteriously showed up. The Supreme court didnt appoint Bush you moron, they simply ruled that further recounts were unconsitutional under the 14th ammendment, as it stood Bush had won florida. So basically you just lied. Or someone told you that mistruth either way you are wrong

OCA said:
No need for term limits...Demos can't win a race for dog catcher in the forseeable future let alone federal office. Repubs are sure to occupy the White House and Congress for many years if not decades to come, if only they could be conservative Republicans instead of Libs and moderates...ahh only in a perfect world.

Bill Clinton would've been wiped in 2000, we don't reelect impeached losers.

Your probably right about the Dumbs but you forgot to factor in the whole corruption deal... Need I say John Kennedy, democrats have stolen elections before (Al Gore certainly tried) they will do it again, Just wait till Hildabeast Clinton runs for office, that will be a farce. Might as well get the indictments ready now ha.

ploitical-guru said:
If any idiot ever tries to pass a bill to extend the terms, they won't enjoy the results................................................................................................................................. 50 burning dog-dodos on theri porch a day :)

No really it's not a good idea. Limited terms was set up as a way to limit Presidential authority. Do you really want the President to have more power? DO YOU WANT AMERICA TO TURN INTO A DICTATORSHIP OR MONARCHY?

seriously people.

Hitler was originally a lawfully appointed official

There were no term limits before roosevelt and I misdontremember any dictomonarchies. I like term limits. It makes the fools live in the law they wrote.

Forum List

Back