Should we stifle freedom of speech for fear of muslims?

I completely agree with the highlighted area, QW.
I guess that's what I am trying to do, in my small way.
Every Muslim I've ever met were all peace craving people and I think they get such a bad rap over the actions of a few.
And, no, I don't think you're anti-Muslim.

In fact I agree with most of your points. I don't know how we've managed to bump heads, so much, recently.
:cool:

I tend to be very confrontational, even in person. I have friends that refuse to go to museums with me because I call the personal on things when they talk about how installing solar panels is cost effective. That is actually a big thing here in San Francisco, which makes no sense at all because the panels will fall apart before you can recoup the cost.

In other words, it is probably my fault for being a total ass that we bump heads. Combine that with the knee jerk desire to defend Islam because most Muslims in the US are actually mellow while ignoring the fact that a significant fraction of them are willing to kill, not just die, for their religion, and I tend to get incredibly hard nosed when presenting my position. A lot of people tend to take that as me hating Muslims, which is their loss. that does not really bother me, but I occasionally like to make the point that I do not actually hate Muslims.

You are a bad ass internet guy. Nothing is nothing tougher than a bad ass internet guy.

You should know.

The simple solution would be to tell him he is on his own. Protest all you want, say anything you want but don't expect us to defend you.

This is the type of shit you see on the playground from instigators. They pick and they pick and then hide behind the playground monitor crying. "help me, help me, he's going to hit me."

Didn't care for it on the playground, and I don't like it now.

Wrong. The police argument on the 'threats' was wrong. They have a duty to protect those under attack illegally. The protesters have a right to do so, those that disagree have no right to physically attack them, behead them, etc. The police job description covers that.

Are you telling me...The police should come and protect me while I, a white man, stand in a black neighborhood and shout racial insults at them?

The simple solution would be to tell him he is on his own. Protest all you want, say anything you want but don't expect us to defend you.

This is the type of shit you see on the playground from instigators. They pick and they pick and then hide behind the playground monitor crying. "help me, help me, he's going to hit me."

Wrong. The police argument on the 'threats' was wrong. They have a duty to protect those under attack illegally. The protesters have a right to do so, those that disagree have no right to physically attack them, behead them, etc. The police job description covers that.
I dunno. What is your point? In this case seems the tool was trying to say Sharia shouldn't be the law of Dearborn, much less US.
Are you telling me...The police should come and protect me while I, a white man, stand in a black neighborhood and shout racial insults at them?

No. You have the Liberty to do such a thing...but highly unadvisable.

Remember the basic construct of Liberty? It comes with responsibility.

No. You have the Liberty to do such a thing...but highly unadvisable.

Remember the basic construct of Liberty? It comes with responsibility.

Finally, something we can agree upon. This is what I'm saying about Terry Jones. He has every right to do what he's doing and no one should stop him from doing it. However, he should take responsibility for his words and actions.

If Jones comes and stages his idiotic protest in front of the mosque I don't see the Muslims stopping him.

But if he tries to burn a Quran in front of the mosque................

Pastor denied permit ahead of mosque protest
It's possible Rev. Terry Jones could be arrested if he carries through with the protest Fri., says Dearborn, Mich. spokeswoman

image6843323g.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich. - Dearborn has denied a permit to a Florida pastor who plans to protest outside a mosque in the Michigan city.

Dearborn spokeswoman Mary Laundroche tells The Detroit News it's possible the Rev. Terry Jones could be arrested if he carries through with the protest Friday outside the Islamic Center of America. Jones has said he plans to demonstrate outside the mosque with or without a permit.

Wayne County prosecutors say they fear the protest could lead to violence, and a judge has ordered Jones to appear Thursday to answer questions about the event. Prosecutors want him to post a "peace bond" to pay for additional police officers during the demonstration.

Pastor denied permit ahead of mosque protest - CBS News

Ohh you mean like the Patriot Act?
That was created out of fear of Muslims.

History will view Terry Jones as a hero. No doubt about it now.

Even moreso if he's martyred by angry muslims.

history is not favorable to hate mongering ass hols like him .

hero ? tell that to any family that kids are killed in Afghanistan for his act of heresy

your bible is no different from the koran . its based on the same crap christianity is , judaism !
you love your theology more then your god .

history is not favorable to hate mongering ass hols like him .

hero ? tell that to any family that kids are killed in Afghanistan for his act of heresy

your bible is no different from the koran . its based on the same crap christianity is , judaism !
you love your theology more then your god .

:rofl:

Looks like someone has a brand new jump to conclusions mat.

Forum List

Back