Should we stifle freedom of speech for fear of muslims?

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Pastor denied permit ahead of mosque protest
It's possible Rev. Terry Jones could be arrested if he carries through with the protest Fri., says Dearborn, Mich. spokeswoman

image6843323g.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich. - Dearborn has denied a permit to a Florida pastor who plans to protest outside a mosque in the Michigan city.

Dearborn spokeswoman Mary Laundroche tells The Detroit News it's possible the Rev. Terry Jones could be arrested if he carries through with the protest Friday outside the Islamic Center of America. Jones has said he plans to demonstrate outside the mosque with or without a permit.

Wayne County prosecutors say they fear the protest could lead to violence, and a judge has ordered Jones to appear Thursday to answer questions about the event. Prosecutors want him to post a "peace bond" to pay for additional police officers during the demonstration.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...ewsNational/~3/I4Phy2h5oKY/main20055866.shtml

Wayne County prosecutors say they fear the protest could lead to violence,

Guess that says all we to know about the religion of peace now does'nt it?

Good Muslims should be outraged that the old idiot is'nt allowed to have his little protest. Whatever happened to HIS rights?

It seems that radical islamists have taken that religion over and thats a shame.

• Thanks
Reactions: FYI
Bigots and racists have the same rights normal thinking humans have, this seems unconstitutional.

Bigots and racists have the same rights normal thinking humans have, this seems unconstitutional.

I strongly doubt it is in anyway constitutional for them to do that, in as much as I dislike what it is that he and his followers are doing they do have a right to peacefully assemble. I rather believe they know this but now it will take time and expense to bring it to court. Its a delaying tactic being used Dearborn to stop any further problems.

I strongly doubt it is in anyway constitutional for them to do that, in as much as I dislike what it is that he and his followers are doing they do have a right to peacefully assemble. I rather believe they know this but now it will take time and expense to bring it to court. Its a delaying tactic being used Dearborn to stop any further problems.

Yeah I hope everyone who's taking the freedom of speech side with me remember this, so in the future when an atheist or muslim group wants to protest a church they don't try to get government to stop it.

Hey did you guys know that Fred Phelps was involved in Civil Rights? Did you guys know that Phelps was a Lawyer? Did you know that in the 1980s, Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP for his work on behalf of black clients?

Did you know that 11 of his 13 children are Lawyers? You may not agree with what they say or do, but they are certainly not dummies.
Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ATTN: The stupid among you will read this and think I'm defending the Westboro Baptist Church, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm merely pointing out the facts.

I remember when the Nazis wanted to parade through Skokie Illinois.

The city fathers and the Jews Who lived there .

Did everything in their power to deny them the right of their freedom Of speech and right to assemble .

But that was Jews and not Muslims .

So it was okay . :doubt:

yeah, i'm not really seeing how they're going to block him. so long as he's peaceful...

but i can't blame dearborn for trying either.

This is exactly the type of thing the so-called "Radical" muslims wants to see. [personally, I think all muslims are radical, some are just more subversive].
When officials in this country start limiting speech because of fear from muslim violence, then it shows the terrorists that their tactics are working.
BAN iSLAM.

This is exactly the type of thing the so-called "Radical" muslims wants to see. [personally, I think all muslims are radical, some are just more subversive].
When officials in this country start limiting speech because of fear from muslim violence, then it shows the terrorists that their tactics are working.
BAN iSLAM.

So you speak out against government doing something unconsitutional, then finish your post by demanding government do something blatantly unconstitutional.

I remember when the Nazis wanted to parade through Skokie Illinois.

The city fathers and the Jews Who lived there .

Did everything in their power to deny them the right of their freedom Of speech and right to assemble .

But that was Jews and not Muslims .

So it was okay . :doubt:
I guess you missed it. The Nazis did march through Skokie. But don't let any facts interfere with your being a good victim, like the good little Muslim you are.

The guy has the right to protest if he wants, this mosque was built on a street in between about 4 or 5 churches, I pass by it almost every day, I doubt Dearborn would have a problem if they were going to protest at one of the churches.

Does his right to peaceable assembly out-weigh their right to freely practice their religion???

If their religion includes riots and killing people I would think it does.

That said, how is he interfering with their right to practice Islam?

If he does get arrested, the ACLU better damn well be there to take up his case.

That's all I'm sayin...

Forum List

Back