Should we shut down left-wing media?

Lately the Democratic party and "left" wing media has been used for the purposes of rabble rousing, inciting violence, and perpetuating misinformation to the uneducated Demographic.

This could give as a good case for repealing the First Amendment, or using the state's power to shut down Democratic media, including social media which incites violence and anarchy.

In practice, I don't think it would be too easy to do - the government could simply shut down TV and radio such as the Colbert Report, NPR, as well as social media outlets such as YouTube channels which incite violence, hatred, and immorality in the lowest common denominator.

In practice, most of their "rights" are imaginary anyway, and are merely fed to them via their misinformation outlets by rabble rousers - simply shut them all down, and remind the Democratic party and it's mouth-breading demographic of their rightful place under the state's hierarchy.

As an example, anyone who uses the term "white supremacist", "Nazi", or "fascist" could be profiled by the FBI and the CIA, given that anarchist groups have abused this term. (Much as how actual white supremacy groups may be being monitored as well).
You posted this nonsense? Are you one of the uneducated people they refer to from the Appalachia area of the US? I didn't know my comments that I post were for the uneducated. Thank you for confirming that the "righties" are just that! What else do you got that we Democrats are doing to the Republitard's? I need to pop more corn. Hold on. I'll be back!

if by "shut it down" you mean stop listening to them, stop parroting their inflammatory headlines, and stop giving them clicks to make money by, sure. it's stupid to try and shut down the right wing sites and it's just as stupid going after the lefts. just ignore them and move on with life.

Conservatives never believed in free speech.....this post is just further proof of it.....

As much as I detest the propaganda of INFOWARS, Truth TV and Fox News.....I don't want them shut down, instead I laugh at how easily they crumble when present with real facts...

I laugh at how stupid those who believe them look when they are challenged to back up the propaganda with anything factual...….Facts have a liberal bias that is why these folks can't stand any objective reporting....
If you'd so much as read a single book in your life, or a website like "Media Bias Fact Check" you'd laugh at that statement, and realize that reality didn't begin a few decades ago when your favorite propaganda news network was invented. Just as if you quit watching it, and tuned into "Alex Jones" you'd probably be regurgitating that as factual as well.

Mass media is primarily about branding, and the hallmark of idiots whose education and intelligence stunted at the 6th grade level, which most of it is marketed to. It's all "propaganda" by the very definition.

Facts are pieces of information, they don't have "bias", but can be used in favor of one or the other.
Can you give me a "both sides" example of Alex Jones level propaganda by NPR??

Did NPR cause a person to go shoot up a pizza parlor because they drilled into his head that a child sex trafficking ring was being ran out of it??

Did NPR go around pushing bullshit about Sandy Hook being a hoax?? did NPR release the addresses of those parents in Sandy Hook so their rabid listeners could harass them??

Was NPR forced to admit in court that they were just playing a character and that no rational person would believe what the NPR reports??

Alex Jones’s Attorneys Argue That No Reasonable Person Would Believe What He Says

Per Constitutional originalism, the 1st Amendment doesn't give one the right to use fighting words, including on the internet.

We potentially could use this to ban and censor all left wing media outlets which use loaded terms like "racist", "fascist", "white Supremacist", "Nazi", and so forth.

I wouldn't mind it myself, it would be just like separating the wheat from the chaff, and only those too weak or immoral to control their impulses, or gain any articulation above that of a mouth-breathing primate would make those words and terms a frequent part of their vocabulary anyway. Who would miss it, other than the underclass and the slave class?

And what about an Orange Clown who claims that media outlets critical of him by invoking FACTS, uses a Staliniesque claim that they are "Enemies of the People". What about a Mango Menace who has lied to the American people over 14,000 times?

Is that okay, simply because YOU believe it's okay?

NO

NPR and PBS, at a minimum, need to have their funding from taxpayers ceased. These entities generate millions from donations. Taking taxpayer money for Left Wing propaganda is an insult.
They give the most even handed reporting of the news, with the least disrespect of the President, of any of the major news outlets. They have a left leaning slant in the issues they choose to cover, but I have never heard a single one of them foaming at the mouth about the President or Republicans, not even their guests.
You would be shooting the wrong folks here.

If you are going to have taxpayer-funded media, there should be NO slant. None whatsoever. In an era where anyone can start a media brand or disseminate media, I fail to see the benefit or need for taxpayers to fund media.

Lately the Democratic party and "left" wing media has been used for the purposes of rabble rousing, inciting violence, and perpetuating misinformation to the uneducated Demographic.

This could give as a good case for repealing the First Amendment, or using the state's power to shut down Democratic media, including social media which incites violence and anarchy.

In practice, I don't think it would be too easy to do - the government could simply shut down TV and radio such as the Colbert Report, NPR, as well as social media outlets such as YouTube channels which incite violence, hatred, and immorality in the lowest common denominator.

In practice, most of their "rights" are imaginary anyway, and are merely fed to them via their misinformation outlets by rabble rousers - simply shut them all down, and remind the Democratic party and it's mouth-breading demographic of their rightful place under the state's hierarchy.

As an example, anyone who uses the term "white supremacist", "Nazi", or "fascist" could be profiled by the FBI and the CIA, given that anarchist groups have abused this term. (Much as how actual white supremacy groups may be being monitored as well).

No. We should not shut them down.

As incorrigible as they may be, they have first amendment rights. Freedom of the Press.

They have the freedom to lie. You have the freedom to refute their lies.

NPR and PBS, at a minimum, need to have their funding from taxpayers ceased. These entities generate millions from donations. Taking taxpayer money for Left Wing propaganda is an insult.
They give the most even handed reporting of the news, with the least disrespect of the President, of any of the major news outlets. They have a left leaning slant in the issues they choose to cover, but I have never heard a single one of them foaming at the mouth about the President or Republicans, not even their guests.

If you are going to have taxpayer-funded media, there should be NO slant. None whatsoever. In an era where anyone can start a media brand or disseminate media, I fail to see the benefit or need for taxpayers to fund media.

"If you are going to have taxpayer-funded media, there should be NO slant. None whatsoever."

Agreed.

Just the facts.

even if the facts turn out to have a liberal bias

"In an era where anyone can start a media brand or disseminate media, I fail to see the benefit or need for taxpayers to fund media"

in an era with anyone with an AGENDA and a BIAS can start a media brand we NEED a TAX PAYER FUNDED news outlet that disseminates JUST THE FACTS.

As incorrigible as they may be, they have first amendment rights. Freedom of the Press.

Conservatives have the freedom to lie

rational people have the freedom to refute their lunacies.

Yes. The media will have to be taken care of before Americans can succeed at self government. They are the most powerful enemies America has at the moment...huge multinationals with deep pockets constantly propagandizing.

Bullshit.

They are mouth piece for the CFR, the Anglo-American alliance, and global capitalists everywhere.

Apparently you don't pay attention to the foundations that support their work.

I can't believe you are utterly this dumb.

They serve the interests of the richest of the one percent.
What's the "CFR," Mr. Beale?
Oh, I forgot, I booked marked this.

lol.

Here is the answer right from one of their own journalists. NYT and WaPo are two of their main propaganda organs from brainwashing folks. Never trust anything from those papers.

Except when they admit they are brainwashing you! :auiqs.jpg:

Click on the link below, I still can't believe they told the truth for once. lol

Ruling Class Journalists
by Richard Harwood
That isn't what the article said, Mr. Beale. If I were you, I'd read it again.

What do you mean that isn't what the article says? Of course it is. You asked what the CFR was, and that article answers that question. It is an outfit to brainwash folks and make policy for the US. All these elites think they are better, and know better than the American public. It is why you think the things you do about Ukraine and Crowd-strike, which are all in dispute.

Christ you are obtuse.

Even politicians on the left and right admit this shit.

Why are you in denial? :dunno:

It is an outfit to brainwash folks
This is the part I'm having trouble with, and your article certainly did not go in to that. Read the closing paragraphs.

What of it?

How can they be objective if they live in it? Don't you know anything about journalism and objectivity? I remember when they first started "embedding journalists" in military units in the first gulf war as a way to guarantee positive war coverage. . . .they did not want a repeat of the objective war coverage America got with Vietnam.

Don't tell me you are seriously THIS obtuse? What this amounts to is little more than bribes.

ANSWER? THEY CAN'T! Why are you striving so hard to defend those who brainwash you? I have just proved that those who tell you that "Ukraine is a conspiracy theory," is bullshit. . . why? Because they live, eat, and attend the same social events as those who have an agenda to those who want to have the public believe the lie.

Council on Foreign Relations Tells Gov’t They “Have To” Use Propaganda on Americans
Council on Foreign Relations Tells Gov't They "Have To" Use Propaganda on Americans

". . . Harwood admiringly wrote: “The membership of these journalists in the Council, however they may think of themselves, is an acknowledgment of their active and important role in public affairs and of their ascension into the American ruling class. They do not merely analyze and interpret foreign policy for the United States; they help make it…. They are part of that establishment whether they like it or not, sharing most of its values and worldviews.”

What the hell else is there to discuss? THERE IS YOUR ADMISSION!

Perhaps you LIKE the wealth divide we have in the nation and the world. Maybe you like the fact that this nation has been at war for 20 years, is that it? Perhaps you are satisfied that the elites have their own hand picked journalists who can be counted on to not be objective, and in the courtiers is peppered a bunch of spooks.

Do you like the fact that this nation is so divided along partisan lines and that we are arguing about such dumb shit? IT IS ALL BECAUSE OF THESE EVIL MF!!!

How ‘Think Tanks’ Generate Endless War
How 'Think Tanks' Generate Endless War

U.S. “think tanks” rile up the American public against an ever-shifting roster of foreign “enemies” to justify wars which line the pockets of military contractors who kick back some profits to the “think tanks,” explains retired JAG Major Todd E. Pierce.

Think tank scholar or corporate consultant? It depends on the day
Think tank scholar or corporate consultant? It depends on the day

Last edited:

"If you are going to have taxpayer-funded media, there should be NO slant. None whatsoever."

Agreed.

Just the facts.

"In an era where anyone can start a media brand or disseminate media, I fail to see the benefit or need for taxpayers to fund media"

in an era with anyone with an AGENDA and a BIAS can start a media brand we NEED a TAX PAYER FUNDED news outlet that disseminates JUST THE FACTS.

JUST THE FACTS needs to be regulated. There can and should be NO bias on any side or from any angle. For anyone to deny that there currently exists no bias or agenda at NPR and PBS is not making the case for tax payer funds.

the government could simply shut down TV and radio such as the Colbert Report, NPR, as well as social media outlets such as YouTube channels which incite violence, hatred, and immorality in the lowest common denominator.

Department of Think Things Through:
One, Colbert Report no longer exists, and when it did it was on cable anyway, not the airwaves; Two, NPR is not a radio station; and to the rest, YOU (whoever "you" is) don't get to sit as judge and jury for what "incites violence, hatred and immorality in the lowest common denominator", whatever that's supposed to mean. So no, the gummint cannot do that, period.

Of course I may have centred here on the most ludicrous section of the OP and thus the lowestly-hanging fruit.

Agreed.

Just the facts.

JUST THE FACTS needs to be regulated. There can and should be NO bias on any side or from any angle. For anyone to deny that there currently exists no bias or agenda at NPR and PBS is not making the case for tax payer funds.
Bogus, Media Bias Fact Check ranks them as left biased.

It all depends on where you're coming from - to a radical leftist or critical theorist, 99.99% of reality has a "right wing bias", and that's their problem.

Agreed.

Just the facts.

It all depends on where you're coming from - to a radical leftist or critical theorist, 99.99% of reality has a "right wing bias", and that's their problem.

"It all depends on where you're coming from - to a radical leftist or critical theorist, 99.99% of reality has a "right wing bias", and that's their problem."

and to a radical right winger 99.9%of reality has a LEFT WING bias.

THAT is their problem

Agreed.

Just the facts.

"It all depends on where you're coming from - to a radical leftist or critical theorist, 99.99% of reality has a "right wing bias", and that's their problem."

and to a radical right winger 99.9%of reality has a LEFT WING bias.

THAT is their problem
Probably is, I don't care.

If we shut down left wing news, people would soon believe by Patriot that fascism is left wing. Better than that, FDR who fought fascism would become a Republican and Republicans would then have America's greatest president. Wonder if Jefferson and all those founders would then become conservatives? It's worth a try. I wonder if that is what Patriot has in mind?

Or do like most, just stop listening to the bullcrap as a personal choice, but if government is somehow holding them up after that, then government is wrong for that.

I'll assume this is a joke since conservatives ASSURE me that they believe in FREE SPEECH and would NEVER silence anyone.
Conservatives fought the Bill of Rights from day one. When they got into power with their second president, John Adams, They passed The Sedition Act that made it illegal to criticize the president or any conservative politician. When Jefferson was elected the liberals canceled the act. I wonder if Trump has tried to resurrect that Alien and Sedition law?
has made any headway getting the act back in effect?

Mainstream fake news works the same insane greed issue as the evil and Eve

The crooked media works the unwise women for their insane greed

Today’s America has the entire governmnent bought off by the insane greed globalists who then destroys the nation and hops to another nation to enrich themselves and to destroy

But the patriot men always rises up and stops

Now the unwise will lose their voting rights to stop them from being fooled by the insane greed globalists

Forum List

Back