Should we seek revenge for Otto Warmbier?

no this thread is about internal control of countries for thier laws....are we going to blast into middle east countries that behead people now? you go on adventure tourism and that is what otta was doing ...it was one big party till he fucked up

no this thread is about internal control of countries for thier laws....are we going to blast into middle east countries that behead people now? you go on adventure tourism and that is what otta was doing ...it was one big party till he fucked up
When the Norks returned Otto Warmbier, they said they did not harm him. They did not want to admit to their crime.

He went there as a tourist. And a moron, obviously.
Of course no revenge. It was his fault.
This is utter nonsense. If you go into the White House and try to steal a painting of George Washington you're not going to have a fun time, but you're not going to be tortured until rendered braindead. It's probable that he did try to steal some poster or picture or whatever, but that doesn't mean what happened to him is his fault. The North Korean regime is criminally insane and their response was far worse than the alleged crime.
He knew what he was getting into. Its NK FFS. Its his fault.
"im going to visit one of the worst countries on earth that has some of the worst prisons on earth. Then im going to defy the dictatorship" :spinner:
Yes, actions have consequences, but that doesn't mean we have to excuse the brutality of psychopaths.
Im not excusing their tyranny. I am laying blame in ottos lap.
Petty theft is not what this thread is about.
Its about getting revenge. Which, i dont agree with. He did to himself.
Arew e going to start avenging every dumbfuck american that goes and visits a dictatorship and gets arrested?

This is utter nonsense. If you go into the White House and try to steal a painting of George Washington you're not going to have a fun time, but you're not going to be tortured until rendered braindead. It's probable that he did try to steal some poster or picture or whatever, but that doesn't mean what happened to him is his fault. The North Korean regime is criminally insane and their response was far worse than the alleged crime.
"im going to visit one of the worst countries on earth that has some of the worst prisons on earth. Then im going to defy the dictatorship" :spinner:
Yes, actions have consequences, but that doesn't mean we have to excuse the brutality of psychopaths.
Arew e going to start avenging every dumbfuck american that goes and visits a dictatorship and gets arrested?
Maybe not revenge, but something. What kind of a country would ignore the wrong death of its citizens.

He did bring torture and death to himself. Even North Koreans know that.

I agree that getting "revenge" or whatever nonsense this thread is premised on is dumb, but I don't see how it's correct to say that he did it to himself. If we follow that logic we can justify any punishment of any crime and I'm not sure we'd like where that leads us.

I agree that getting "revenge" or whatever nonsense this thread is premised on is dumb, but I don't see how it's correct to say that he did it to himself. If we follow that logic we can justify any punishment of any crime and I'm not sure we'd like where that leads us.
That logic wouldnt work with any crime.

Why not? If I go somewhere where the punishment for theft is having my hand cut off isn't it my own fault for committing the crime and going to a place where that's the punishment?

Why not? If I go somewhere where the punishment for theft is having my hand cut off isn't it my own fault for committing the crime and going to a place where that's the punishment?
yes

Liberals, should we apologize to North Korea and reimburse them for Otto's incarceration and court costs?

yes
So then what crime wouldn't the logic work with?

yes
From your post, i assumed you meant here.

yes
From your post, i assumed you meant here.
But why not here? Let's take away the constitutions stating that those types of punishments are impermissible: What are the principles that can stand up to the logic of it being your own fault for breaking the law?

Forum List

Back