• Yes, 107 years is too long for robbery

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
grant clemency or commute sentences? Or should we keep everyone locked up for 107 years because they "might" committ a crime and then the left will have a political hammer! Which? Age doesn't matter! :lol:

most people deserve a second or third chance. but when you violate parole and commit new felonies that pretty much proves you can't be trusted to make reasonable choices. lock the bastards away!

most people deserve a second or third chance. but when you violate parole and commit new felonies that pretty much proves you can't be trusted to make reasonable choices. lock the bastards away!

all is true, but doesn't answer the original question.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time... If the judge says "20 years" it should be 20 years day for day and nothing less.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time... If the judge says "20 years" it should be 20 years day for day and nothing less.

that certainly would take a lot of pressure off the govenors. Judge and Jury should rule. Ban parole boards.

Yes we should definitely as a society have provisions for clemency. Shit happens, it's nice to be able to fix it sometimes.

Gulags, even for shoplifting. Lease land in northern Canada (give Yukon work). Decrease the surplus population.

I almost forgot....
Bah, humbug!

Like everything else the government does, they've convoluted the justice system to the point that 2+2 no longer equal 4. It's stupid that a person has to be charged with multiple charges for the same offense in order to ensure they actually get convicted and then receive multiple sentences for the same offense to make sure they stay in jail. It's stuff like that that lead to questioning the fairness of the sentence and make clemency and commutation necessary.

I'm all for justice and equality in punishment. 108 years does seem extreme. If the average murderer does 15 years how can he get a sentence 7 times as long? How can Madoff get 150 years? Is he worse than a murderer? 10X worse?

I'd like to see much stronger punishments enforced across the board and less parole, but I want it to be proportionate to the crime.

I'm all for justice and equality in punishment. 108 years does seem extreme. If the average murderer does 15 years how can he get a sentence 7 times as long? How can Madoff get 150 years? Is he worse than a murderer? 10X worse?

I'd like to see much stronger punishments enforced across the board and less parole, but I want it to be proportionate to the crime.

Hence the word "judge". Some judges have no business being on the bench like that asshole in Vermont who gave a child molestor 60 days in jail for child rape or something to that effect. I agree with what you have posted but unfortunately politics comes into play with clemency, commuted sentences and pardons.

Hence the word "judge". Some judges have no business being on the bench like that asshole in Vermont who gave a child molestor 60 days in jail for child rape or something to that effect. I agree with what you have posted but unfortunately politics comes into play with clemency, commuted sentences and pardons.

What do you mean "politics comes into play"? It seems to me it can only be bad for the one giving it.

grant clemency or commute sentences? Or should we keep everyone locked up for 107 years because they "might" committ a crime and then the left will have a political hammer! Which? Age doesn't matter! :lol:

if someone is sentenced 107 years, it is probably for good reason and they should stay in prison.

Forum List

Back