Should we legalize marijuana?

Should we legalize it? Absolutely. Should it be regulated and taxed? Yes, just the same as alcohol and tobacco are regulated and taxed. It simply doesn't make sense to try to outlaw pot, while keeping alcohol and tobacco legal.

Is smoking pot a good thing? No, of course not. Smoking tobacco isn't a good thing, either, but criminalizing it would create a huge black market, kind of like the one that exists for pot.

If marijuana is a gateway drug, then it is most likely due to the fact that it is illegal. Users have to deal with people outside of the law, people who are likely to be dealing more dangerous drugs as well.

I think we should allow people over the age of 65 to grow and sell all of the pot they want. That way, we will have the wealthiest seniors on the planet, and won't even need social security. How's that for a plan?

Should we legalize it? Absolutely. Should it be regulated and taxed? Yes, just the same as alcohol and tobacco are regulated and taxed. It simply doesn't make sense to try to outlaw pot, while keeping alcohol and tobacco legal.

Is smoking pot a good thing? No, of course not. Smoking tobacco isn't a good thing, either, but criminalizing it would create a huge black market, kind of like the one that exists for pot.

If marijuana is a gateway drug, then it is most likely due to the fact that it is illegal. Users have to deal with people outside of the law, people who are likely to be dealing more dangerous drugs as well.

I think we should allow people over the age of 65 to grow and sell all of the pot they want. That way, we will have the wealthiest seniors on the planet, and won't even need social security. How's that for a plan?
and as I posted in another thread it may cause plaque build up in the brain aka stop the progression of alzheimers!

I wonder how many drug addled waste of space morons started out on marijuana?

I say no, let them do it illegaly at least that way everyone elses conscience is clear.

You really can't possibly be serious, saying this with a pint in front of you is a bit silly. Have you ever smoked it? Part of the reason people might try harder drugs after pot is because of the asinine warnings against it. Authoritative figures without a clue, lump it in with harder drugs, kids see their friends are normal after smoking it so they try it...... nothing happens to them. They assume the warnings about harder drugs are bull shit too.

In college I tried almost everything that you didn't have to inject into yourself, alcohol was easily the worst drug I ever did, no comparison........ that includes a 4 way hit of Windowpane acid at Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
The best was pharmaceutical Quaaludes...... "714"....... wonderful, the best sex drug ever.

I think this whole gateway drug argument is bullshit. There is a part of humanity who will always look to alter their consciousness. A lot of people have smoked weed. Some move on to harder drugs, most don't. It's a personal thing, government classifications have nothing to do with it.

I think this whole gateway drug argument is bullshit. There is a part of humanity who will always look to alter their consciousness. A lot of people have smoked weed. Some move on to harder drugs, most don't. It's a personal thing, government classifications have nothing to do with it.

No shit, I guess we could go back far enough to say that breast milk is a gate way substance.

No shit, I guess we could go back far enough to say that breast milk is a gate way substance.
humans are the only animal born graving sugar! If you taste breast milk it is much more sugary then say cows milk, so you could be on to something!

Should we legalize it? Absolutely. Should it be regulated and taxed? Yes, just the same as alcohol and tobacco are regulated and taxed.

That will simply create a black market for untaxed hemp, I think. Just get the government out of the issue entirely and we're ALL better off.

It simply doesn't make sense to try to outlaw pot, while keeping alcohol and tobacco legal.

Agreed.

Is smoking pot a good thing? No, of course not.

As with all drugs (or for that matter all foods) it has its uses and its problems.

Smoking tobacco isn't a good thing, either, but criminalizing it would create a huge black market, kind of like the one that exists for pot.

Huger. I am addicted to tobacco, I merely enjoy hemp.

Good point. My "gateway drug" was chocolate though, as it was for the vast majority of Americans. Hell yes, chocolate is a psychotropic drug. Hell yes it is .

Amusing idea.

Right now we seem to have given seniors the franchise for Oxycotin, and other manmade opiates.

You can bet the farm that a lot of them who are hurting for money are selling their proscription pain meds for spare cash.

That is, or so I am informed by my local Chief, the number one source of Oxy here in Maine.

I absolutely love the moroninc ignorant pap about if we legalize all drugs crime will melt away.

Where do you dumb as rocks people think these crack heads are going to get their money EVEN IF IT IS SOLD in a store?

Or are you advocating the Government should not only legalize drugs but PAY for people to use them?

It would be hilarious if not so fucking ignorant.

I absolutely love the moroninc ignorant pap about if we legalize all drugs crime will melt away.

Where do you dumb as rocks people think these crack heads are going to get their money EVEN IF IT IS SOLD in a store?

Or are you advocating the Government should not only legalize drugs but PAY for people to use them?

We could regulate them but I don't think we should legalize anything else except marijuana!

You are often an astoundingly stupid person.

This thread and your insane mischaracterization of what people have written here is a fairly good example of that almost unique quality you have for totally not getting it.

This post deserves the coveted, and often earned Strawman Award. Congratulations.

strawman2.jpg

Should we legalize it? Absolutely. Should it be regulated and taxed? Yes, just the same as alcohol and tobacco are regulated and taxed.

That will simply create a black market for untaxed hemp, I think. Just get the government out of the issue entirely and we're ALL better off.

It simply doesn't make sense to try to outlaw pot, while keeping alcohol and tobacco legal.

Agreed.

As with all drugs (or for that matter all foods) it has its uses and its problems.

Good point. My "gateway drug" was chocolate though, as it was for the vast majority of Americans. Hell yes, chocolate is a psychotropic drug. Hell yes it is .

Amusing idea.

Right now we seem to have given seniors the franchise for Oxycotin, and other manmade opiates.

You can bet the farm that a lot of them who are hurting for money are selling their proscription pain meds for spare cash.

That is, or so I am informed by my local Chief, the number one source of Oxy here in Maine.
my friend who just got over is oxy problem used to buy it from an elderly person!
I watched this episode of invertion last night of this girl addicted to deluadid, talk about making someone a zombie, she couldn't even keep her eyes open during the interview part of the show and it is legal!

You are often an astoundingly stupid person.

This thread and your insane mischaracterization of what people have written here is a fairly good example of that almost unique quality you have for totally not getting it.
Yeah! I don't see where anyone wrote where the government should pay for it but I could be wrong!

Agreed.

Amusing idea.

my friend who just got over is oxy problem used to buy it from an elderly person!
I watched this episode of invertion last night of this girl addicted to deluadid, talk about making someone a zombie, she couldn't even keep her eyes open during the interview part of the show and it is legal!

Somehow, I really don't think selling one's prescription medicines to the highest bidder is really legal, nor should it be.

I don't know a whole lot about Oxycontin, other than that it is a powerful and dangerous pain reliever that needs to be used only under strict medical supervision. Can the same be said for pot?

Agreed.

Amusing idea.

Somehow, I really don't think selling one's prescription medicines to the highest bidder is really legal, nor should it be.

I don't know a whole lot about Oxycontin, other than that it is a powerful and dangerous pain reliever that needs to be used only under strict medical supervision. Can the same be said for pot?
no i don't think so!
I was also just stating oxy was legal!
My friend was to the point of shooting it up and another guy he hung out with switched to heroine after alittle while because it is cheaper than oxy's. We have also had a string og pharmacies robbed here for oxycotin.

Yes.
I know as a liberal this might sound wierd asking this but do you want to then have to pay taxes on it and put people out of business!
I want it legalized too. I think legalizing it would put more people in business than out. Taxing it is fine. I would be glad of the consumer protections that would follow the legalization of marijuana.

Yes.
I know as a liberal this might sound wierd asking this but do you want to then have to pay taxes on it and put people out of business!
I want it legalized too. I think legalizing it would put more people in business than out. Taxing it is fine. I would be glad of the consumer protections that would follow the legalization of marijuana.
you are probably right! For one it was easier to get pot in high school than alcohol!Drug dealers tend not to card their customers!

Yes.

I think taxing it is a mistake but how about a compromise like we have with beer and wine? (you know, like the 200 gallon per family per year exclusion for making beeer and wine)

That way, the government will get some money, but not enough to make bootlegging it worth the penalty since allowing growing for personal use will keep the price rock bottom.

So here's the compromise

One can grow hemp, (I'd say about 5 lbs a year per person) but not commercially.

That will give the government some money (not much but some) for commercially grown hemp (or medical hemp, I suppose) but sinc ethe homegrown will keep the price down, it won't make it worth it for people to bootleg their hemp.

The problem with hemp is the fact that anyone CAN make any money from it.

That is the major thing we ought to be trying to prevent.

I think taxing it is a mistake but how about a compromise like we have with beer and wine? (you know, like the 200 gallon per family per year exclusion for making beeer and wine)

That way, the government will get some money, but not enough to make bootlegging it worth the penalty since allowing growing for personal use will keep the price rock bottom.

So here's the compromise

One can grow hemp, (I'd say about 5 lbs a year per person) but not commercially.

That will give the government some money (not much but some) for commercially grown hemp (or medical hemp, I suppose) but sinc ethe homegrown will keep the price down, it won't make it worth it for people to bootleg their hemp.

The problem with hemp is the fact that anyone CAN make any money from it.

That is the major thing we ought to be trying to prevent.
My thing also is, here in Washington the state controls liquir sales and you can only buy it at a liquir store! With it being ran by the state they are of course closed on every federal Holiday like New Years. This last Martin Luther King day, I had some friends over to celebrate but with the stores also closed on sundays it was only wine for us!Ah! the humanity!
I just don't want to see marijuana be the same way!

Forum List

Back